PDA

View Full Version : Www.verifieddownloads.com

stoi
04-16-2003, 12:33 AM
i heard the day after i posted all my ebooks on this site and another forum, verified downloads had just put up 2000 sig2dats for ebooks, now this sounds a bit sus to me, was just wondering if there is anyway of stopping this flagrant stealing, its not as if the ppl they are stealing from are even giving any credit for posting them in the first place on the site.

Just wondering what other ppls views are on this, and i posted in this forum because i think it has to do with this forum, if someone is stealing sig2dats of it. i know its nothing serious but just a cheek when its your stuff they are stealing especially as it took me ages to post them.

MagicNakor
04-16-2003, 12:57 AM
I'd certainly complain, and complain often, and tell other people to complain, especially if they took my sig2dats without crediting it at all.

However, this is also the internet, where plagiarism runs rampant. Unfortunately. <_<

:ninja:

SolidWing68
04-16-2003, 06:34 AM
E-Mail the webmaster of the wesbite and inform them of what they&#39;re doing and shit

vegeta
04-16-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by SolidWing68@16 April 2003 - 07:34
E-Mail the webmaster of the wesbite and inform them of what they&#39;re doing and shit
atleast he will know that they r getting to take actions ;)

ReZ
04-16-2003, 07:28 PM
HAHAHA. Would you rather visit 10 web sites and search each one or just go to one and search only once? No one OWNS verifieds. Always remember that&#33; It&#39;s all about sharing.

stoi
04-16-2003, 08:07 PM
yeah its all about sharing, but when i spend hours downloading something and then to be the first on the whole network to post them, i dont expect them to be on another site a day later unless i put them on there, also it took me almost 3 hours to post those ebooks on this forum and 2 hours on another forum, and im begining to think why the fuck should i bother, i know where to get them why cant other ppl, but they are to wound up in the fastrck phenomonen they cant see the wood for the trees.

I think this is the last straw for me, i cant see there being many verifieds of me in the future, if any. Not just because of this but because the fastrack network is crap and it eats importnt upload bandwidth that i need, and also if the point of P2P was sharing, how come i know quite a few ppl, even some on this forum that do not share on the fasttrack network at all.

Kazaa is the perfect tools for leechers out there, as you can get fast speeds as soon as you start without sharing anything at all, and this new patch just makes it a whole lot worse to detect as well. the whole point of P2P is sharing and im sorry but kazaa and the fasttrack network is going in the opposite direction, where you dont have to share anything to get the same speeds as someone who is sharing quality, i think this will be the downfall of the fastrack network and the RIAA will not have to lift a finger to see it doomed.

So you say all verifieds are for everyone, ok on this site they are if i post them here, but i dont want to see my posts on every site that does kazaa sig2dats, if i wanted to share them on there i would post on there.

so yorez, fuck of and only use one site then if you think its to much like hard work visiting 2 or 3, and what the fuck you doing on this one in the first place if you love verifieddownloads so fucking much.

Stoi (Retiring from the fastrack network and this forum)

what the hell just noticed that F*UC*K is replaced by a stupid godamn smilie, what the FU*CK happened to free speech. ffs thats it next you will be telling me i cant fucking smoke while visiting this forum, bye bye ppl, been nice knowing you, but time to move on to bigger and better things.

N£MO
04-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Dear Stoi,

After reading your thread in its entirety i can understand why you are pissed off about them pinching your sigs.It is well out of order and cheeky to take what has obviously taken you alot of time to put together,without even giving you a mention.

I agree with you whole heartedly about kazaa being the ultimate leeching p2p program out there hence alot of us moving to more underground methods of one to one sharing with no poncey leeches.

Me personally i havn&#39;t had k-lite on in ages and dont intend to use it in the very near future as find it so much more satisfying to share with people i know and respect.

Just for the record Admins or mods whoever is reasponsible for the idea of swearing controls...do you think that by trying to silence what we say it is an infringment of our right to freedom of speech and if people want to swear it aint that hard to find ways round this.If anything this has come to late would have been better put to use when killa_sin was around as that was swearing in the extreme and funny how no one said shit then. <_<

Colt Seevers
04-16-2003, 09:30 PM
@stoi & Nemo - couldn&#39;t agree more with what you said. It&#39;s a total pisser spending all that time setting up some verifieds and then some llamatron comes along and does a "cut+paste" job on them. If it&#39;s true, and seems like a mighty big coincidence if it&#39;s not. <_<

About the leaving the forum, bit extreme mate, still a good place to hang out, although I think issues regarding the moderating of the forum need to be addressed...ie the smiley&#39;s for swearwords, just doesn&#39;t make any sense, if people are gonna swear, they&#39;re gonna do it, it&#39;s just that simple, no matter what wee faces you put in their place the will just be by-passed...so F*UC*K that sh1t&#33; :D

BTW when was this draconian decision taken? No consultation? I know Paul has an almost allergic reaction to Polls, but here&#39;s an ideal situation for one... :huh: Democracy in action&#33; :D

Yeah Kazaa &#39;died&#39; along time ago, and I am being honest here, I just don&#39;t use it anymore.
Sure I post the odd sig2dat, but then you get the endless "Hey I can&#39;t find any sources for this", and even if you are sharing that file, and that file only, still the chances of someone getting it are...slim, to say the least (even with the node-hopper tool)...new releases and such, just dont fillter through the Fastrack Network quick enough.

Anyway, I&#39;m not getting into big "I hate kazaa" thing, because everyones got to reach that point for themselves, I&#39;m certainly not running around banging my Fastrack Sucks&#33; drum....pointless&#33;

Stoi - I hope you reconsider your decision to leave&#33;

Remeber

**** To Download is human ****
****** To Share is Divine ******

J'Pol
04-16-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by yorez@16 April 2003 - 20:28
HAHAHA. Would you rather visit 10 web sites and search each one or just go to one and search only once? No one OWNS verifieds. Always remember that&#33; It&#39;s all about sharing.
There speaks a plagiarist.

Edit

FuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuck
FuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuck
FuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuck

Just wondered

J'Pol
04-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Sorry, meant to say

You do know that yorez is one of the principals at that site don&#39;t you. People have been here complaining about this very thing before.

ReZ
04-17-2003, 12:28 AM
Try and stop me. I&#39;ll do whatever I can to create the biggest collection of verified files for the simple purpose of efficiency for visitors.

stoi
04-17-2003, 12:31 AM
well fucking download them yourself then, how can you say they are verified if you havnt verified them.

might be a good idea to post some fakes in the verifieds and fuck you over big time.

or do that to your site.

Colt Seevers
04-17-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by yorez@17 April 2003 - 00:28
Try and stop me. I&#39;ll do whatever I can to create the biggest collection of verified files for the simple purpose of efficiency for visitors.
You forgot your Evil laugh.

"mhuahuha, mhuaahuaa, mhuauauauauhauhah" :lol:

We will call it The Alan Parsons Project

kAb
04-17-2003, 01:56 AM
does anybody really care?

obviously this forum posts real files only, and verifieddownloads.com may post fakes.

but with more people downloading files, the easier it is for us to download files.

maybe if you had to pay to use klite, but you dont. so its all free. i don&#39;t really mind.

MagicNakor
04-17-2003, 02:06 AM
It&#39;s not a nice feeling to have your hard-work ripped off, and other people taking the credit.

Is it that difficult for yorez to add: "Provided by ___?" It&#39;ll take him all of, what, half a second? Compare that to the hours it takes to put huge lists of verifieds. It&#39;s not asking much.

kAb
04-17-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@16 April 2003 - 18:06
It&#39;s not a nice feeling to have your hard-work ripped off, and other people taking the credit.

Is it that difficult for yorez to add: "Provided by ___?" It&#39;ll take him all of, what, half a second? Compare that to the hours it takes to put huge lists of verifieds. It&#39;s not asking much.

hard-work?

you mean making a sig2dat? :rolleyes:

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
04-17-2003, 03:03 AM
The hard work is having the patience to search for and wait for the file to finish.... well, maybe it&#39;s not hard work but work nonetheless. I mean, what&#39;s so hard to add one line saying "Provided By: ...." or "Thanks to .... for this(these)". It&#39;s not that hard is it?

Come on&#33; Help a person&#39;s ego out a bit and give&#39;em the credit. IT ISN&#39;T THAT HARD.

Btw, it is a bit drastic to leave the forum. I rarely use KL now that I found Bittorrent and Emule, but this board is a place that you can just hang out with people from around the world.

IMHO, just forget about this. Forget about Yorez. If Yorez is going to act like this, then he&#39;s just a punk kid that knows nothing better. Life is unfair.

p.s. if you ever meet Yorez IRL, then beat his ass if you want. :lol: just jokin :P

kAb
04-17-2003, 03:17 AM
i do agree however that we SHOULD be cited as where he is getting most of the sig2dats. if not next to every one, somewhere easily seen on the pages.

ReZ
04-17-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by kAb@16 April 2003 - 17:56
does anybody really care?

obviously this forum posts real files only, and verifieddownloads.com may post fakes.

but with more people downloading files, the easier it is for us to download files.

maybe if you had to pay to use klite, but you dont. so its all free. i don&#39;t really mind.
now there&#39;s a smart man :)

ReZ
04-17-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Shinigami@16 April 2003 - 19:03
p.s. if you ever meet Yorez IRL, then beat his ass if you want. :lol: just jokin :P
now this is funny. fu*ck you you mother fu*ckin prick. you wish you can beat my ass up you little sh*it. you fuc*kin kid. FU*CK OFF&#33;

[place evil laugh here]

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
04-17-2003, 04:33 AM
LOL, yea, that is pretty funny. I&#39;m so scared right now. I think I might piss my pants. :lol:

MagicNakor
04-17-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by kAb@17 April 2003 - 03:28
hard-work?

you mean making a sig2dat? :rolleyes:
Have you ever made a list of over a hundred sig2dats? It takes a hell of a lot of time. ;) That alphabetized anime list took me a good 5-6 hours, and that was just in the sorting.

I don&#39;t want to think how long Stoi&#39;s 2000 took him. :mellow:

stoi
04-17-2003, 09:18 AM
The thing is, i dont mind if it was just 1 game, as thats easy to post as a sig2dat, but when it is 2000+ sig2dats sorted alphebeticaly and on different post`s, albeit in the same thread, and they did not even have a section for ebooks before i posted mine on this site and the spankdonkey site, so i even give him the idea for a new topic never mind all the sig2dats, that is what is pissing me off.

In my first post i said it took me 3 hours, but i started posting on the 23rd of March at 11:53 and finished at 18:12 and that was with only a small break in the middle, so you are talking longer than someones normal working day that i spent on posting these for nothing, you might think "well your a sad tw*t for doing all that then" and yeah maybe i was at the time, but i was hoping it might kickstart other ppl posting theirs and maybe even lead to a bookworld, but as there hasnt been any talk of this lately from the mods i think it might have just been brushed under the carpet, hoping ppl will forget about it.

If i was working and i spent 6+ hours on something, someone took it of my desk and put there name on it and handed it to the boss, i would rip there head off and shit down their neck, and i bet most of us would do the same thing, just because this is voluntary doesnt make what yorez done right, 1 or 2 sig2dats you cant prove if they have been pinched but come on 2000+ ebooks the day after i posted mine, that just to much of a coincidence if you ask me.

btw, this wasnt the reason i was going to leave this forum, just one of many things that have been getting on my nerves lately and this and the new smilie for swearing was the last straw last night.

If you look through all my other posts you will see that i very rarely swear or if i do i put ** in the word, but i think i have the right if i want to, like last night, if i feel it warrents it at the time to swear as much as is neccessary on a particular subject/thread without it being changed to a stupid emoticon when i post.

And kab, i would like to see you posting sig2dats for 6+ hrs straight and then not just be a little pissed when someone pinches them, by copying and pasting so it might take then what 20 minutes to do the same as you, but it took you 8hrs and thats not including downloading them all, im pleased i am on a 1mbit connection because if i was on 56k, id be on my way to yorez`s house now to do just what shinigami suggested.

anyway peace and im not going anywhere for now, i was just letting some steam off last night, ive slept on it and i think i have calmed down a bit, and now i know how a lot of other ppl feel as well, and pleased its not just me that has the same probs with everything i complained about last night.

stoi

MagicNakor
04-17-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by stoi@17 April 2003 - 10:18
...but i was hoping it might kickstart other ppl posting theirs and maybe even lead to a bookworld, but as there hasnt been any talk of this lately from the mods i think it might have just been brushed under the carpet, hoping ppl will forget about it...

As I&#39;ve said before, I&#39;m going to keep harassing people about getting a Bookworld. ;) I sure as hell haven&#39;t forgotten about it. It&#39;s what being a crusader entitles me to do. :D

J'Pol
04-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor+17 April 2003 - 11:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor @ 17 April 2003 - 11:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--stoi@17 April 2003 - 10:18
...but i was hoping it might kickstart other ppl posting theirs and maybe even lead to a bookworld, but as there hasnt been any talk of this lately from the mods i think it might have just been brushed under the carpet, hoping ppl will forget about it...

As I&#39;ve said before, I&#39;m going to keep harassing people about getting a Bookworld. ;) I sure as hell haven&#39;t forgotten about it. It&#39;s what being a crusader entitles me to do. :D

:ninja: [/b][/quote]
I agree.

I say stoi starts it, similar to SD&#39;s huge post in Movieworld.

If it&#39;s 2,000 books I would venture a possible pinned in the making. I&#39;ve seen the alphabetical list and it was ace. Let&#39;s get that as the start of bookworld.

jetje
04-17-2003, 06:24 PM
It just would be nice yorez if you gave credits... <_<

If you don&#39;t know why?

well a lot of people call it common descency... ;)

MagicNakor
04-17-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by JmiF@17 April 2003 - 17:07
I agree.

I say stoi starts it, similar to SD&#39;s huge post in Movieworld.

If it&#39;s 2,000 books I would venture a possible pinned in the making. I&#39;ve seen the alphabetical list and it was ace. Let&#39;s get that as the start of bookworld.
Stoi&#39;s already got an alphabetical e-book list.

I haven&#39;t put mine up, because I don&#39;t really want it to be swallowed by the forum.

How about a poll on this mods? There certainly is enough interest in Bookworld to support one. :D

stoi
04-17-2003, 10:56 PM
i agree MN, about the books being swallowed up, lots and lots of views but noone is posting on it to keep it at the top, so im always trying to find more books so i can bump it so to speak, but i hate bumping a post by just typing BUMP on it.

come on mods how hard can it be to make a decision, its nearly 1 month now since we asked for this, either its a yes or its a no its that easy.

J'Pol
04-17-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by stoi@17 April 2003 - 23:56
i agree MN, about the books being swallowed up, lots and lots of views but noone is posting on it to keep it at the top, so im always trying to find more books so i can bump it so to speak, but i hate bumping a post by just typing BUMP on it.

come on mods how hard can it be to make a decision, its nearly 1 month now since we asked for this, either its a yes or its a no its that easy.
Post a link mate, I will add something to it.

stoi
04-17-2003, 11:48 PM
Ebook Link (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=17&t=23334&st=45)

there you go Jim, thanx.

Bender
04-18-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by yorez@17 April 2003 - 02:28
The least you could do is give people credit for their work. <_<
Asking permission to copy the Sig2dat&#39;s would be nice too. ;)

J'Pol
04-18-2003, 09:01 AM
There&#39;s no need to stop him. The site is crap, too slow and difficult to use.

I also don&#39;t like the adverts, pop-ups and requests for money.

Frankly I don&#39;t know why we allow the link to it as it is blatantly commercial and always has been.

However I have been going on about this for months now, so who cares.

MagicNakor
04-18-2003, 09:34 AM
I can&#39;t say I&#39;ve ever used that site. I&#39;ve been there once, to see if my e-books from way-back-when were ripped off along with all of stoi&#39;s.

The Knife Thrower
04-18-2003, 11:10 AM
The ONLT verified sites I use are the K-lite forum and Fasttrackmovies forum. All the other sites are shit and take their sig2dat links from those 2 forums.

Satan
04-18-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by stoi@17 April 2003 - 00:31
well fucking download them yourself then, how can you say they are verified if you havnt verified them.

might be a good idea to post some fakes in the verifieds and fuck you over big time.

or do that to your site.
Bingo&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;...I have already noticed some quite flagrantly erroneous sig2dats there...

Please tell me how many of those files are personally verefied at verefieddownloads...not many I bet...

So what use is it to post sig2dats that you haven&#39;t verefied??? And I mean really verefy...download, and watch/listen/install and use....

Posting verefieds of files that are missing parts, have corruptions, or have an incorrect cracks supplied is beyond useless, it&#39;s totally lamer...

So what good are you doing??? All I see is a lot of harm and arrogance from your plagaristic persona...

Don&#39;t bother telling me to try my download again, etc...done it..some of the sig2dats point to fucked files, and I hope you are ignorant of it...because if you&#39;re not, your site deserves to be given a 24/7 DOS to protect the rest of the internet from your pompus ass...

J'Pol
04-18-2003, 08:26 PM
Excellent points. As he hasn&#39;t verified them how can he call it that. So he is a liar as well as a cheat and a thief.

No wonder the site is such crap.