PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Networking Problem.

Aaron_T
10-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi, recently i just installed a belkin wireless network, using the ADSL modem/router and two dongle usb adapter connections.

it all seemed to work fine the adapter picked up the signal for both PC's which were on the network, but sometimes when i turn the computer on the internet does not load and the computer freezes and will not respond.

Then i have to resort to either unlugging the computer from the wall or pressing the reset key, then when i turn the computer back on the internet loads and works perfectly.

can comeone tell me why this is happening?

(Posted this in software aswell not sure if its a hardware or software prob)

Virtualbody1234
10-05-2005, 07:30 PM
What model Berkin router?

Is it possible to connect via ethernet rather than USB?

You could also look for a firmware update.

Aaron_T
10-05-2005, 07:52 PM
no its just for USB no ethernet connection.

Its a Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless- G Router.

i dont know how to find out the model.

Virtualbody1234
10-05-2005, 08:42 PM
There must be a model number under or on the back of the unit.

Maybe you can spot which one you have here: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatSectionView.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=201522

Aaron_T
10-06-2005, 01:07 PM
thanks for the reply VB i not a home at the moment i'll have a look at the model number because it isnt in that list you just gave me, but i came to a solution for one of the PC's i found that if i disabled the dongler which was in the PC before i shut the PC down that when i loaded the PC back up there was no freez error or otherwise, the only downfall is i have to re-connect.

not a problem really though only takes an extra 5 seconds at most.

this cannot be done on the other PC it wont let me for some reason.

???

thewizeard
10-07-2005, 10:59 AM
I would help you but unfortunately. you are a dastardly Newcastle United supporter...

Aaron_T
10-08-2005, 10:06 PM
I would help you but unfortunately. you are a dastardly Newcastle United supporter...

:O