PDA

View Full Version : Age Of Empires

Tormentor
04-16-2003, 12:36 AM
Does anybody know any cool games that are like Age of Empires or warcraft?

itay
04-16-2003, 12:47 AM
i liked Empire earth, and i;m now playing Impossible Creatures which is also good....

Tormentor
04-16-2003, 12:52 AM
Ya i played empire earth and it was awsome.Now I will try Imposible creatures

MagicNakor
04-16-2003, 01:15 AM
Age of Empires II. ;)

Age of Mythology, Civilization series, Caeser series, Populous, Black and White (to an extent...)

:ninja:

Timz
04-16-2003, 02:35 PM
Warcraft III is pretty good :D What is Empire Earth about?

tjt_uk
04-16-2003, 02:46 PM
Cossacks is a very good and very similar real time strategy game. Of course, the command and conquer series is good as well. Shogun: Total War is worth checking out if you like war games.

Ynhockey
04-16-2003, 04:37 PM
Games that are build-as-many-units-as-you-can-in-the-shortest-time-without-thinking-and-gain-map-control-to-win:

AOE Series
Age of Mythology
StarCraft
WarCraft Series
Empire Earth

Games that are the same but require more thought and map-control isn't as important:

Settlers Series
C&C Series

Turn-based Strategies:

Heroes of Might and Magic Series
Civilization Series

ahctlucabbuS
04-16-2003, 07:36 PM
I wouldn`t go as far as saying the C&C series requires THAT much thought :P
Not the single player game atleast.

Ynhockey
04-16-2003, 08:54 PM
I wouldn`t go as far as saying the C&C series requires THAT much thought
Not the single player game atleast.

Well, i don't know about that. I mean, sure, if you learn what the comp does then it's far too easy to win and it doesn't require thought, but if you're new to the game then you have to think to win - and in Multiplayer too. See, the thing with RA 2 especially is that all units are good against only one thing. For example, a prism tank is almost useless against appocalypses but it's great against infantry. A rhino tank can punch through armour in a flash but is almost useless against anything else. In other games, StarCraft for example, everyone is fairly similar - that is, firebats are good vs. zealots but if you can build 4 marines in the time that you can build a firebat (it's possible 'cause you don't have to build the academy), then the marines are great substitutes, and if you place your buildings write, the zeals won't stand a chance. In RA 2 building placement almost doesn't matter, but instead you have to choose your units carefully to win. That's where you need to think.