PDA

View Full Version : ATI Radeon X1800 Preview

peat moss
10-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Anyone with even a passing interest in PC technology will know all about the ongoing battle between graphics giants ATI and nVidia. These two companies have played a game of leapfrog for the past few years in the quest for dominance in the 3D graphics market. But back in July nVidia didn’t just steal the ball, it ran right out of the stadium with it, leaving ATI stuck with an aging product that lacked the latest features.

Of course we all knew that ATI had something waiting in the wings, it’s just that we expected to have seen it a long time ago. But now, finally, the Radeon X1800 has broken cover and some competition can be injected back into the 3D graphics arena.

Link : http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=1972

ApacNTS
10-05-2005, 11:38 PM
was reading about this on another forum, looks interesting enough, although it also stated that only 3 of the 7 were to be released, and the price tag ranged between 150-500+. sounds great tho, performance is nice for the price to :D

peat moss
10-05-2005, 11:47 PM
I did n't finish reading it all , a 11 pages ? Did n't get to the price part of course . :)

Smith
10-05-2005, 11:52 PM
EDIT: Never mind, didnt finish reading before I posted.

clocker
10-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Without commenting on the merits of the card (since I'm not that interested actually) I do think the brouhaha surrounding it's release is interesting.

Several hardware sites are quite perturbed about ATI's policy of sending review samples for products that are not ready for release- "vaporware", if you will.

nVidia's (new) habit of announcing/releasing products simultaneously is more consumer friendly and is no small part of their current supremacy.

silent h3ro
10-06-2005, 12:09 AM
I still would rather get an Nvidia 7800gtx because it mostly performs better and its cheaper to buy.

Skiz
10-06-2005, 12:44 AM
Damn! Look at the size of that thing! :O

Pretty soon you'll be mounting your mobo on your gfx card instead of the other way around.