PDA

View Full Version : Computer restarts when installing Fahrenheit from a burned DVD

silent h3ro
10-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Ok so my computer restarts when I try to install Fahrenheit from a burned DVD. I get a little over half way when I get a BSOD (blue screen of death). I know I've posted about this more than once on FST but with no success of fixing it. Can someone plz help me out here. :frusty: My other drive gets read errors all the time too. :dry:

Samurai
10-06-2005, 12:58 AM
Where did you dl it from?
Is it verified?
Did you get the emu stuff that was included in the one on NG's?

silent h3ro
10-06-2005, 01:00 AM
I got it from Filelist. I don't think its a problem with the game itself tho because its happened with games like the sims 2 also.

Samurai
10-06-2005, 01:01 AM
What error message (if any) do you get?

Have you got latest graphics drivers, and DirectX?

silent h3ro
10-06-2005, 01:04 AM
Its also happened with Need for Speed Underground: 2 when I install physically. I have never had problems virtually installing games on a virtual drive which leads me to belive its either a hardware or possibly a software problem. Either way I gotta get it fixed because its been almost a year now and its starting to really piss me off. Fuckin BSODs. :frusty:

silent h3ro
10-06-2005, 01:06 AM
I have the latest nvidia drivers (78.01) and I think I have the latest Direct X (Direct X v10c I think?). I get MACHINE_EXCEPTION_CHECK I think in the BSOD error screen if I remember correctly.

Samurai
10-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Some websites are mentioning the problem to be a sound problem. Have you tried updating your soundcard drivers / or rolling them back to default?

Samurai
10-06-2005, 01:11 AM
Check this out as well :/

http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t93.html

silent h3ro
10-06-2005, 01:11 AM
Hmm I never thought of that, I'll see if there is an updated version on the Gigabyte website.

silent h3ro
10-06-2005, 01:42 AM
Here (http://us.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_GA-K8NF-9.htm) is my mobo's driver update page. What other updates might help me with this problem besides audio?

Samurai
10-06-2005, 01:52 AM
http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t93.html

mentioned it may be due to USB 2.0 controllers...

silent h3ro
10-06-2005, 01:59 AM
How do I know if I have a USB 2.0 controller?

Nvm, I don't think I have one. I know u add a USB controller if u need more ports but I have enough. All my USB ports are onboard.

Samurai
10-06-2005, 02:04 AM
Well good luck in solving this one. I have the game burned to DVD too, just haven't installed it yet. Going to try it out when I'm not so busy. Looks great, with some really good reviews.

Virtualbody1234
10-06-2005, 02:11 AM

Nvm, I don't think I have one. I know u add a USB controller if u need more ports but I have enough. All my USB ports are onboard.
You probably do have a USB 2.0 controller.

What motherboard?

silent h3ro
10-06-2005, 02:24 AM

You probably do have a USB 2.0 controller.

What motherboard?I have a Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9.

Virtualbody1234
10-06-2005, 02:32 AM
Rear Panel I/O

4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x RJ45 ports
Audio (4 x Line-out/ 1 x Line-in/ 1 x MIC) connector
Coaxial S/PDIF input/ output function
PS/2 Keyboard/ Mouse
1 x COM port
1 x LPT

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-K8NF-9.htm

silent h3ro
10-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Rear Panel I/O

4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x RJ45 ports
Audio (4 x Line-out/ 1 x Line-in/ 1 x MIC) connector
Coaxial S/PDIF input/ output function
PS/2 Keyboard/ Mouse
1 x COM port
1 x LPT

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-K8NF-9.htmOk so what now? :frusty:

Samurai
10-06-2005, 05:34 AM
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-K8NF-9.htmOk so what now? :frusty:

Well according to that site I posted, they say:

Under WinXP, do not enable Master ECC check in BIOS or it will cause random MACHINE_EXCEPTION_CHECK bluescreens randomly. XP is not capable of handling ECC errors and bombs out when the BIOS informs it of an error correction action.

Could try going into Device Manager and removing the driver for it, and trying out either an updated version, or another brand altogether. Try Windows Update to see if there is an update for it, or search manually.

silent h3ro
10-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Ok so what now? :frusty:

Well according to that site I posted, they say:

Under WinXP, do not enable Master ECC check in BIOS or it will cause random MACHINE_EXCEPTION_CHECK bluescreens randomly. XP is not capable of handling ECC errors and bombs out when the BIOS informs it of an error correction action.

Could try going into Device Manager and removing the driver for it, and trying out either an updated version, or another brand altogether. Try Windows Update to see if there is an update for it, or search manually. I got the updated version from Gigabyte.com and that did'nt work. What other brands are there?

silent h3ro
10-07-2005, 01:06 AM
Ne one know of good USB drivers that I should dl?

peat moss
10-07-2005, 01:35 AM
Have you tryed deleting usb controllers in device manager ,reboot install mobo drivers ?

silent h3ro
10-07-2005, 02:12 AM
Have you tryed deleting usb controllers in device manager ,reboot install mobo drivers ?Ok I did that then tried installing Fahrenheit and it was very close to the end of installing but then my computer restarted, no BSOD this time tho. Should I try different USB drivers?

Samurai
10-07-2005, 02:19 AM
Could try going into Device Manager and removing the driver for it, and trying out either an updated version, or another brand altogether. Try Windows Update to see if there is an update for it, or search manually.

Like I said, uninstall drivers from Device Manager and leave as is.

If they're needed, XP will load up it's default drivers for it.

silent h3ro
10-07-2005, 02:29 AM

Like I said, uninstall drivers from Device Manager and leave as is.

If they're needed, XP will load up it's default drivers for it. It never loaded the default drivers, thats y I had to install the motherboard's latest usb drivers. :frusty:

Samurai
10-07-2005, 03:10 AM
They'll either be on your OS disc or your HDD where your OS is located.

silent h3ro
10-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Nice!! My DVD burner drive works now with no restarting! :D My top drive is still fucked up tho (most likely the drive's fault).

Btw, I just uninstalled the old drivers then restarted then installed the newest drivers for my mobo then restarted and finally, it works.