PDA

View Full Version : Do we have private groups here?

twisterX
10-06-2005, 07:05 PM
In everyones profile it says like Not a member of any public groups. Do we even have private groups. :unsure:

My guess would be no

Virtualbody1234
10-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Shhhh!

We don't want everyone to know.

twisterX
10-06-2005, 07:31 PM
*wispers* okkke

ziggyjuarez
10-06-2005, 08:09 PM
No They Dont//

twisterX
10-06-2005, 08:18 PM
ok

ziggyjuarez
10-06-2005, 08:20 PM
you can make a thread the reqest some'

4play
10-06-2005, 08:23 PM
I thought they did at one point with the swapgate tester and such erm.... i mean no NO private groups.

Filliz
10-06-2005, 08:58 PM
I thought they did at one point with the swapgate tester and such erm.... i mean no NO private groups.

That thing still alive? :blink:

twisterX
10-06-2005, 09:05 PM
nah i was just wondering if we have some becuase i always see that thing in peoples profiles

tesco
10-06-2005, 09:39 PM
nah i was just wondering if we have some becuase i always see that thing in peoples profilesI didn't even know what it was until a couple of months ago.

That spot in the user profile will be removed, or replaced with something else, after we upgrade to vb 3.5 (next week probably).

twisterX
10-06-2005, 10:05 PM
were upgrading to 3.5. What kind of new things will we see.

Will we lose anything on the forum or big drastic changes. I know that from when i signed up my old first topics are still here. Its very cool.

tesco
10-06-2005, 10:12 PM
were upgrading to 3.5. What kind of new things will we see.

Will we lose anything on the forum or big drastic changes. I know that from when i signed up my old first topics are still here. Its very cool.We wont lose anything...also i've been spending time ocnverting the skins we have now to vb3.5, and also made all of my mods work on vb3.5.
The last thing I am waiting for before upgrading is the arcade for vb3.5 to be released, which should be next week.

The main new changes are from admin+mod point of view such as:
plugin system: upgrade the board and dont lose a ny of your hacks/mods :)
inline modding: moderators can delete threads as a group instead of individully, without viewing the thread. They can also delete groups ofposts at once from within the showthread page.

For users there are still some new things you'll notice:
quickedit: your post can be edited without the page reloading thanks to 'ajax'. The edit post box will pop up within your post and u can save, to see the changes live. In the background they are being sent to the server.
quickreply without reloading the page: quickreply can now post wihtout your page reloading. For the poster the post will just appear on the page, in the background the data is being sent to the server so other users can see your post.

The main reason i've been wanting to upgrade to vb3.5 is for that plugin system...means I can make as many mods as i want for this board without having to worry about future upgrades. :)

edit:

The following is a rough summary of what has changed between vBulletin 3.0.x and 3.5.0

Product/Plugin system with over 550 'hook' locations strategically placed in the code. Allows modification and extension of vBulletin without physical alteration of the vBulletin PHP scripts.
Inline moderation allows multiple threads or posts to be have moderation actions performed without a visit to the admin or moderator control panels
Completely rewritten message editor with ability to instantly switch between standard and WYSIWYG modes
Thread title editing on forumdisplay via AJAX
Thread opening and closing on forumdisplay via AJAX
Super-Quick Reply on showthread via AJAX
Inline post edit on showthread via AJAX
Username suggestion for PM recipients and search by user via AJAX
Data manipulation APIs (Data Manager) for centralized data saving
Template History & Comparison for easy tracking of changes
Database-based thread and forum read marking
MySQL Full Text Search
Additional Datastore Storage Methods
SMTP Mail Wrapper
MySQLi Wrapper
PHPDoc'd Source Code
Moderator log language abstraction
Webkit support for style manager color picker
ImageMagick 6 Support (alternative to GD)
Calendar events support start/end times
Custom avatar and profile picture resizing
Profile pictures can be saved to filesystem
Statistics ordering
Each attachment image type can be individually set to generate thumbnails or not
Each attachment image type can be individually set to open in a new window or not
Moderated posts and threads do not contribute to post count until approved
Language chooser in footer
New bbcode parser now corrects invalid tag nesting to ensure valid HTML
New [attach] bbcode tag for placing attachments inline with messages
New [noparse] bbcode tag for disabling bbcode parsing within
Word wrap excludes contents of PHP/CODE/HTML blocks
Search engine spider configuration via XML file
New 'Can View Thread Content' permission
New 'Can Upload Animated GIF' permission
Attachment upload via URL in addition to local upload
New (hopefully foolproof) method for setting cookiepath/cookiedomain
Forum description field no longer limited to 250 characters
Completely rewritten Paid Subscriptions system - now known as Payment APIs. New support for 2checkout, Worldpay and Authorize.net
'Always Moderate Group Posts' permission replaced with more logical 'Follow Forum Moderation Rules' permission
Threads containing posts awaiting moderation have indicator icon on forumdisplay for moderators
Right-to-left language support improved
Additional 'Execute SQL' auto-queries added
Image verification for sendmessage to avoid spam issues
Improved registration image verification to out-fox those pesky bots
Control panel navigation controlled by XML for easier addition of links
Upgrade system now imports styles/languages/options only after upgrade complete rather than after each script
Ability to preview signature edits
Calendar event email reminders
And of course, numerous bugs and annoyances resolved.

twisterX
10-06-2005, 10:15 PM
thats cool.

Busyman
10-06-2005, 10:45 PM
nah i was just wondering if we have some becuase i always see that thing in peoples profilesI didn't even know what it was until a couple of months ago.

That spot in the user profile will be removed, or replaced with something else, after we upgrade to vb 3.5 (next week probably).
You better give fair warning (like a date and time) so some people on here don't have a meltdown. :lol: :lol:

twisterX
10-06-2005, 10:47 PM
how much time will the site be down.

Guillaume
10-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Speaking of meltdown, be sure to back uo the database, just in case... :shifty:

tesco
10-06-2005, 11:27 PM
how much time will the site be down.Hopefully not long. Could be about 10-15 minutes if I dont have problems, but i'm sure I will. :P

twisterX
10-06-2005, 11:35 PM
that quick. I was expecting like a day

tesco
10-07-2005, 12:11 AM
that quick. I was expecting like a dayNo because the major changed are being done ahead of time, so basically all i have to do is upload the files and run the upgrade script, then install the new versions of the skins. Then te board can come back online and i can start adding the plugins.

RealitY
10-07-2005, 07:28 AM
Looking foward to the upgrade...

manker
10-07-2005, 09:16 AM
There are only a few private groups left, the best one is the gepper group.

You can get cool stuff like extra stars.

For details, PM Cheese (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=newpm&userid=45809).

Barbarossa
10-07-2005, 12:59 PM
We wont lose anything...also i've been spending time ocnverting the skins we have now to vb3.5, and also made all of my mods work on vb3.5.
The last thing I am waiting for before upgrading is the arcade for vb3.5 to be released, which should be next week.

Are there any changes to the arcade in the new version? :blink:

tesco
10-07-2005, 09:09 PM
We wont lose anything...also i've been spending time ocnverting the skins we have now to vb3.5, and also made all of my mods work on vb3.5.

Are there any changes to the arcade in the new version? :blink:Lots

enoughfakefiles
10-07-2005, 10:36 PM
There are only a few private groups left, the best one is the gepper group.

You can get cool stuff like extra stars.

For details, PM Cheese (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/private.php?do=newpm&userid=45809).

Pm sent. :D

DanB
10-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Are there any changes to the arcade in the new version? :blink:Lots

Does it stop people with ghey names winning arcade titles? :unsure:

clocker
10-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Does the new version include some decent skins?
Our current choices appear to have been designed by Ray Charles.

tesco
10-09-2005, 02:53 AM
Our current choices appear to have been designed by Ray Charles.It doesn't come with any skins except the default one, which is what we already have here...

And we've said manyyy times if you can find better skins post them.

clocker
10-09-2005, 12:44 PM
OCForum. (http://www.ocforums.com/)

Spider_dude
10-10-2005, 12:02 AM
www.theclub.au

tesco
10-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Those links arne't skins, they're forums iwth skins you like.
We need the skin file(s).

ObiWan
10-10-2005, 05:51 PM
http://www.aliensector.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8 has a some nice skins for download

Samurai
10-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Our current choices appear to have been designed by Ray Charles.It doesn't come with any skins except the default one, which is what we already have here...

And we've said manyyy times if you can find better skins post them.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/portal.php