PDA

View Full Version : "Error 1311" when trying to install PS CS 2

NewBeOrNotToBe
10-07-2005, 03:12 AM
I got hold of a serial number and I thought I was on my way to getting PS CS 2 installed, but then I got the following message:

"Error 1311 Source file not found: C:\Documents and settings\myname\local settings\temp\temporary directory 1 for Photoshop_CS2_tryout 1.zip\ ...\Data 1 cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it"

Is there anyway I can get around this?

Virtualbody1234
10-07-2005, 03:49 AM
Where did you get the installation file?

NewBeOrNotToBe
10-07-2005, 03:49 AM
I got hold of a serial number and I thought I was on my way to getting PS CS 2 installed, but then I got the following message:

"Error 1311 Source file not found: C:\Documents and settings\myname\local settings\temp\temporary directory 1 for Photoshop_CS2_tryout 1.zip\ ...\Data 1 cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it"

Is there anyway I can get around this?

Never mind. I think I figured it out.

NewBeOrNotToBe
10-07-2005, 03:50 AM
Where did you get the installation file?

I got it off TrustyFiles, a site I just discovered tonight.

Virtualbody1234
10-07-2005, 03:52 AM
Why not download it directly from Adobe?

And what did you figure out?

NewBeOrNotToBe
10-07-2005, 04:01 AM
Why not download it directly from Adobe?

And what did you figure out?

The adobe was taking a while to download and I had already started downloading this one. I've been figuring out certain terminology that you guys use, but which is very new to me.

"crack", "key gen", etc. Google can be very educating.

So I got a serial number and I managed to get past that error code, but now I'm stuck on the activation code.

NewBeOrNotToBe
10-07-2005, 05:19 AM
I think I finally got it. I was able to acquire PS CS2 without shelling out hundreds of dollars. I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

Thanks for help and the hints, everybody.

Skiz
10-07-2005, 12:30 PM
I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

Don't use Adobe Bridge. It connects straight to an Adobe update page.

Virtualbody1234
10-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Use a firewall that "warns" you when a newly installed program tries to communicate outbound (home). Make a firewall rule to block those type of communications.

NewBeOrNotToBe
10-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Don't use Adobe Bridge. It connects straight to an Adobe update page.

But that is one of the reasons I wanted PS CS 2. Is there anyway around this? What would be the worse that can happen?

NewBeOrNotToBe
10-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Use a firewall that "warns" you when a newly installed program tries to communicate outbound (home). Make a firewall rule to block those type of communications.

I use a Sygate firewall, a free version. But I can't find an option that will allow me to do that.

Skiz
10-07-2005, 02:09 PM
@VB - Yea, that's what I did. I told Zone Alarm to Not to allow access. ;)

@NewBe - Since you're learning about filesharing, why stop at CS2, why not go ahead and get Zone Alarm Pro while you're at it to stop Bridge from connecting. :)

NewBeOrNotToBe
10-07-2005, 10:20 PM
@NewBe - Since you're learning about filesharing, why stop at CS2, why not go ahead and get Zone Alarm Pro while you're at it to stop Bridge from connecting. :)

I've been trying to download Zone Alarm Pro all day on TrustyFiles, but when I am able to download a version, it comes with a virus.

Skiz
10-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Trusty Files? wtf is that? It doesn't seem to "Trusty" whatever it is if you keep getting viruses. You need to get on a bittorrent client. It's easy. If you need help, I'll help you just let me know.

NewBeOrNotToBe
10-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Trusty Files? wtf is that? It doesn't seem to "Trusty" whatever it is if you keep getting viruses. You need to get on a bittorrent client. It's easy. If you need help, I'll help you just let me know.

I won't start new threads on the same subject. And I just sent you a PM asking about bit torrent. If would be well appreciated if you can help me.

peat moss
10-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Yep don't be afraid to ask for help , check your PM . :)

Virtualbody1234
10-08-2005, 12:55 AM
You should also have emule installed.