PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed Loser and million dollar homepage

rookiecrd1
10-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Anyone see these two sites. Seemingly dumb ideas which are making the owners a fortune:

http://www.UnemployedLoser.com
You buy a link for as little as 50 cents and have it on the site permanantly. The top 10 donors also get their link, and image in the center of the page. The guy also has a pretty funny blog and FAQ. The guy has made about $200 in 2 days thus far, but seem to be getitng a ton of hits. (ps. I know this guy sort of from my home town)

Milliondollarhomepage.com
You buy a 10/10 pixel square for $100. The guy has made over 270K already in about a 5 weeks.

Mr. Mulder
10-07-2005, 03:04 PM
:o

Samurai
10-07-2005, 03:10 PM
You buy a 10/10 pixel square for $100. The guy has made over 270K already in about a 5 weeks.

I did actually post an article on this yesterday, but I'm guessing one of your nazi mods removed it for some strange reason. I have a good idea who it was too, and it's pissing me off.

manker
10-07-2005, 03:16 PM

I did actually post an article on this yesterday, but I'm guessing one of your nazi mods removed it for some strange reason. I have a good idea who it was too, and it's pissing me off.Perhaps they thought it was spam.

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/816/dabs5sy.gif

Guillaume
10-07-2005, 03:17 PM

I did actually post an article on this yesterday, but I'm guessing one of your nazi mods removed it for some strange reason. I have a good idea who it was too, and it's pissing me off.
IKE, right? You simply forgot to leave the usual peanut bribe. :shifty:

Samurai
10-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Nah I posted it in the drawing room, because it was a legit news story / discussion for similar ideas. I got the story from Sky News and also posted it in another forum with some great responses.

I know a few people replied to it on here too. It's just upsetting that the same person keeps removing my posts, without even having the decency to say "you know what, sorry but i've removed your post for xxx reason" via PM. He keeps doing it, and it's been 4 posts now in 2 days.

I'm not naming him, he knows who he is, and I'd like an explanation as to why this keeps happening on a regular basis?

manker
10-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Nah I posted it in the drawing room, because it was a legit news story / discussion for similar ideas. I got the story from Sky News and also posted it in another forum with some great responses.

I know a few people replied to it on here too. It's just upsetting that the same person keeps removing my posts, without even having the decency to say "you know what, sorry but i've removed your post for xxx reason" via PM. He keeps doing it, and it's been 4 posts now in 2 days.

I'm not naming him, he knows who he is, and I'd like an explanation as to why this keeps happening on a regular basis?Seems weird that it was deleted.

I'd be pissed off.

Cheese
10-07-2005, 03:25 PM

I'm not naming him, he knows who he is, and I'd like an explanation as to why this keeps happening on a regular basis?

That's a bit off. I read about one of these sites on BBC news, seems like a legit Drawing Room topic to me. I mean, if I can make a topic about train seats...

With regards to the actual story (ies) I expect to see a ton of copycat sites pretty soon.:dry:

Virtualbody1234
10-07-2005, 03:35 PM
I guess this one won't be deleted. Even if it's the same as another thread considered to be spam. Just look who started the thread this time. :lol:

Samurai
10-07-2005, 03:38 PM

I'm not naming him, he knows who he is, and I'd like an explanation as to why this keeps happening on a regular basis?Seems weird that it was deleted.

I'd be pissed off.

Indeed.

You know me manker... I'm struggling not to say something I might regret :lol:

Seriously though, do mods not bother PM'ing members anymore cause I thought it was common courtesy to do so :unsure:

Oh and after I bitched yesterday about deleted posts by said moderator I got this back...

I removed your post(s) because it had nothing todo with usenet/NZB's etc.. i know you posted in the movies section that there was no proper release. but not all members check that thread.

If you do not stop posting off-topic replies in the '06/10/2005 TV series' thread you will be placed on moderation

Sorry I spoiled your own private topic mr mod. Didn't realise information regarding the topic itself was not allowed and only you could post.

Please clarify, or ban me, whichever is easiest :ph34r:

Samurai
10-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I guess this one won't be deleted. Even if it's the same as another thread considered to be spam. Just look who started the thread this time. :lol:

My saving grace :pinch:

manker
10-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Seems weird that it was deleted.

I'd be pissed off.

Indeed.

You know me manker... I'm struggling not to say something I might regret :lol:

Seriously though, do mods not bother PM'ing members anymore cause I thought it was common courtesy to do so :unsure:

Oh and after I bitched yesterday about deleted posts by said moderator I got this back...

I removed your post(s) because it had nothing todo with usenet/NZB's etc.. i know you posted in the movies section that there was no proper release. but not all members check that thread.

If you do not stop posting off-topic replies in the '06/10/2005 TV series' thread you will be placed on moderation

Sorry I spoiled your own private topic mr mod. Didn't realise information regarding the topic itself was not allowed and only you could post.

Please clarify, or ban me, whichever is easiest :ph34r:All I can say is that the moderator that PMed you back definitely wasn't RealitY :lookaroun

It seems you're being victimised, somewhat. I post off-topic replies all over the shop on a fairly regular basis without the slightest glimmer of a hint of a threat of moderation.

I duno, perhaps they let me off 'cos I'm 1337.

manker
10-07-2005, 03:54 PM
I guess this one won't be deleted. Even if it's the same as another thread considered to be spam. Just look who started the thread this time. :lol:Brian's always spamming his and his mates' websites tho' - usually in the lounge :dry:

Cheese
10-07-2005, 03:55 PM

Make your mind up.

Btw, I replied because I'm not that far out of my teens myself,

You're either just out of your teens or your some sort of modern day Methuselah.

Samurai
10-07-2005, 03:58 PM

Query...

What makes you think it's IKE? Is this normal behaviour for an ex-president? :unsure:

Cheese
10-07-2005, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=Guillaume]
Is this normal behaviour for an ex-president?

Usually they rob banks and surf.

manker
10-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Make your mind up.

You're either just out of your teens or your some sort of modern day Methuselah.Due to my occupation, I have the luxury of not having to make my mind up :01:

http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1121044&postcount=18

Virtualbody1234
10-07-2005, 04:03 PM
I guess this one won't be deleted. Even if it's the same as another thread considered to be spam. Just look who started the thread this time. :lol:Brian's always spamming his and his mates' websites tho' - usually in the lounge :dry:
I know. I wonder if that's what he would really want other member to do here. After all he must consider himself as an example to follow.

Cheese
10-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Make your mind up.

You're either just out of your teens or your some sort of modern day Methuselah.Due to my occupation, I have the luxury of not having to make my mind up :01:

You can be both at the same time. You're in your thirteen hundreds. I'm still not giving you my seat though. :snooty:

manker
10-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Brian's always spamming his and his mates' websites tho' - usually in the lounge :dry:
I know. I wonder if that's what he would really want other member to do here. After all he must consider himself as an example to follow.I hope not, I'm not giving $10,000US of my hard earned to some Swiss/German profligate :lookaroun

manker
10-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Make your mind up.

You can be both at the same time. You're in your thirteen hundreds. I'm still not giving you my seat though. :snooty:I was going to spam teh drawing room with this, but how come you managed to take up the entire back seat on the bus :unsure:

Pies?

Guillaume
10-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Pies?
I bet it's that shark fin soup his girlfriend's so fond of. :chef:

Guillaume
10-07-2005, 05:45 PM

Query...

What makes you think it's IKE?:unsure:

Feminine intuition. :blushing:

{I}{K}{E}
10-07-2005, 08:54 PM

:unsure:

it wasnt me :blink:

Did you start a thread about this or posted it in a reply?

sArA
10-08-2005, 12:20 AM
it wasnt me :blink:

Nor me.

peat moss
10-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Shit Brian , I thought you were talking about yourself when I saw the thread title !

No such luck eh ? :D It almost sounds like a Pyramid scheme no ?

Barbarossa
10-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Shit Brian , I thought you were talking about yourself when I saw the thread title !

No such luck eh ? :D It almost sounds like a Pyramid scheme no ?

It's a real shame, because Brian originally came up with this site years ago, and it was a huge success:

h++p://www.tendollarhomepage.com ;)

If only he'd thought a little bit bigger.... :frusty:

tesco
10-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Neat.
I donated 50$ of my ad money, but i dont see my link yet... :O

rookiecrd1
10-10-2005, 08:01 PM
haha, I was talking to the guy this morning. I'll probably donate a little for FST if things look to be taking off traffic wise for them.