PDA

View Full Version : Why does water poured from the Bathroom taste different than the kitchen

twisterX
10-08-2005, 04:30 AM
Seriousely. I poured it from the sink in the bathroom becuase it was colder now it tastes different. WTF!! :cry:

GepperRankins
10-08-2005, 04:32 AM
why does the sound of hot water pouring sound different to cold water?

twisterX
10-08-2005, 04:33 AM
Becuase hot water produces steam?

GepperRankins
10-08-2005, 04:48 AM
/ban

Djtima
10-08-2005, 04:49 AM
Seriousely. I poured it from the sink in the bathroom becuase it was colder now it tastes different. WTF!! :cry:
because the usage of the pipes in the bathroom is lower than the ones in the kitchen.... posibly :dry:

Samurai
10-08-2005, 05:01 AM
mmmmmm rust! :)

asmithz
10-08-2005, 05:25 AM
bottled water is better

GepperRankins
10-08-2005, 05:40 AM
bottled water is better
you gotta be fucking kidding me

Samurai
10-08-2005, 05:55 AM
bottled water is better

studies show that tap water is 10x better than bottled water as it has to go through multiple government safety checks whereas bottled water does not.

don't misunderstand, they're both fine... but this is what the report showed.

oh and i know for a fact that the bottle of evian that you saw in the shops has probably sat in a french warehouse for up to 6 months before getting shipped. Apparently they have a huge supply of stock and are unable to ship it all leaving many bottles sat in a warehouse for a long period of time.

i still drink bottled though :lol: but tap water is better ;)

GepperRankins
10-08-2005, 06:25 AM
i can't believe you n00bs pay extra for water

asmithz
10-08-2005, 06:34 AM
Trust me you don't want to drink out of my pipes. I don't want a calcium rust drink with some water in it.

hamm
10-08-2005, 07:40 AM

Three possibliities that I can think of:

It's just your imagination.
Your kitchen tap has an inline filter. The bathroom doesn't.
The water softener (if you have one) may not service the cold line in the kitchen.*

*This is a fairly common way of connecting for those people who don't like the taste of soft water.

Mr. Mulder
10-08-2005, 09:04 AM
teh water tastes pretty bad round here cos it's Lincoln and there's lots of fields and stuff, pesticides and whatnot give the water an unpleasant taste, it's also very cloudy – but I still drink it :lookaroun

we've got a filter in teh fridge too - ftw :01:

Djtima
10-08-2005, 09:05 AM

Three possibliities that I can think of:

It's just your imagination.
Your kitchen tap has an inline filter. The bathroom doesn't.
The water softener (if you have one) may not service the cold line in the kitchen.*

*This is a fairly common way of connecting for those people who don't like the taste of soft water.
:mellow: Are you some kind of waterboy?
http://www.perfectduluthday.com/waterboy.jpg

Gripper
10-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Because your bathroom water probably comes from a tank in the attic,which probably has dead rodents in it :)

Gemby!
10-08-2005, 01:19 PM
i drink tap - if its bottled i gotta open the fridge door, lift it out the fridge, AND pour the stuff. if you ask me that is asking too much :snooty:

peat moss
10-08-2005, 01:37 PM
It comes from the toilet ? Now theres a thought . :sick: But have aften wondered why too . I use one of those Brita filters to take the fluoride taste out .

tesco
10-08-2005, 02:13 PM
The bathroom sink isnt used as much so the water in the pipes after the shutoff dries out and leaves crap behind...so tat water will have that taste in it :sick:

Tap water tastes disgusting, the only water i'll drink is bottled :01:

NikkiD
10-08-2005, 02:39 PM
The bathroom sink isnt used as much so the water in the pipes after the shutoff dries out and leaves crap behind...so tat water will have that taste in it :sick:

Tap water tastes disgusting, the only water i'll drink is bottled :01:

What he said.

I use one of these:

http://www.aquaid.co.uk/images/desktopcooler.jpg

Costs $3 to refill when it's empty, lasts about 2 weeks.

peat moss
10-08-2005, 02:54 PM
@ Nikkid , yum bottled tap water . :O How do we know anyway where they get it from ? Must admit it does taste better , and you being a Canadian must of wondered why does the water taste different from province to province .

I moved to Alberta from BC at a young age and we could n't drink the stuff .

tesco
10-08-2005, 02:58 PM
I moved to Alberta from BC at a young age and we could n't drink the stuff .It tastes different from city to city:frusty:

NikkiD
10-08-2005, 03:02 PM
@ Nikkid , yum bottled tap water . :O How do we know anyway where they get it from ? Must admit it does taste better , and you being a Canadian must of wondered why does the water taste different from province to province .

I moved to Alberta from BC at a young age and we could n't drink the stuff .

I find even from city to city here, the water tastes different. I couldn't drink the water in Mississauga - had a smell of algae to it. :sick: Here I just find the water to be... hmmm... I don't know the word. :lol: I know the bottled stuff I get is trucked in from the spring in Aberfoyle (or at least that's what they tell me).
I have to admit the water in BC is soooo much better than in Ontario. I could actually drink the tap water there.

EDIT: Again... what he said.

Virtualbody1234
10-08-2005, 03:20 PM
bottled water is better

studies show that tap water is 10x better than bottled water as it has to go through multiple government safety checks whereas bottled water does not.

don't misunderstand, they're both fine... but this is what the report showed.

oh and i know for a fact that the bottle of evian that you saw in the shops has probably sat in a french warehouse for up to 6 months before getting shipped. Apparently they have a huge supply of stock and are unable to ship it all leaving many bottles sat in a warehouse for a long period of time.

i still drink bottled though :lol: but tap water is better ;)
Oh. So now old water is a bad thing?

How old is the water from the tap?

I thought it was all quite old. Like millions of years.

peat moss
10-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Oh noes it just dawned on me its the magic mushrooms infecting the water out here .

How else does one explain us westcoast schmucks smiling in the rain . :happy:

lynx
10-08-2005, 04:36 PM
I wouldn't want any water from BC.

I hear it is filtered through peat moss. :sick:

JPaul
10-08-2005, 04:43 PM
In most homes the only drinking water comes from the cold water tap in the kitchen. This is fed directly from the mains. The other cold water taps are fed from a storage tank, normally in the attic. That water will have been lying and stagnating for a while before it is poured. It is not intended for drinking, it is intended for washing, flushing the toilet etc.

(This is not always the case, all of my cold water taps are direct from the mains.)

missie
10-08-2005, 09:11 PM
drink vodka. :happy:

wimps.

Gripper
10-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Don't drink water,fish have sex in it.

JPaul
10-08-2005, 11:14 PM
drink vodka. :happy:

wimps.
Now that's talking sense.

peat moss
10-08-2005, 11:42 PM
I wouldn't want any water from BC.

I hear it is filtered through peat moss. :sick:

Only the beer my friend . :)

missie
10-08-2005, 11:51 PM
I'm almost outta Choke a Cola.

Does Voddy n water work? :unsure:

DanB
10-08-2005, 11:53 PM
The kitchen tap normally comes straight from the mains whereas the bathroom supply normally comes from the CWST.

Missie, in my expereince it doesn't but a couple of fingers worth mixed with ice is easily downable/sippable

Guillaume
10-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Does Voddy n water work? :unsure:
Drink it straight, you wuss. :fist:

missie
10-08-2005, 11:59 PM
t'is Smirnoff red.
I shall drink it straight, if it proves my manlyness. :01:

missie
10-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Drink it straight, you wuss. :fist:

:snooty: