PDA

View Full Version : PowerDVD 6

Samurai
10-08-2005, 06:17 AM
Been using this app for as long as I can remeber but there's something which is really beginning to annoy me lately.

Say I load up a film, and do the standard doubleclick on the main window to bring it to full screen. Well instead of going FS, it loads up FS but the main window (where film is) stays the same size but moves to top left of the screen.

Now I know this is a problem with WindowBlinds... it happened with StyleXP too before I tried switching... but it happens with WB too. Thing is it doesn't always happen.

Basically it is to do with the "top bar". If anyone's ever used StatBar, which places a system status bar on top of screen docked, you'll find out that you can't have more than one "docking" at the same place. This, in effect means I either uninstall the dock so I can watch films, or find a player which will load up fine.

I've since uninstalled StatBar as this too was causing problems viewing films in full screen with PowerDVD.

Anyone happen to know a fix for this, or a better media player for DVD's. Don't suggest WMP... I'd prefer a "dedicated player" if you know what I mean. If there's a fix I'd prefer that option as I do like PowerDVD.

Cheers :01:

Gripper
10-08-2005, 09:23 AM
I just use VLC plays everything,or is it a DVD specific bit of software that you are after

Samurai
10-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Yea DVD specific would be great although I do use VLC for playing part files.

I found out that PowerDVD is the main problem and has been there since version 3!! :o

Joakim Agren
10-08-2005, 10:05 AM
VLC is nothing compared to PowerDVD 6 Deluxe for playback of DVD/VCD and SVCD and even AVI files!. PowerDVD 6 is simply a fantastic low resource player with great picture quality!.

This problem with movie not strecthing properly must be very rare and I have only seen one more having it. It was a guy at Doom9:

http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-99457.html

But no solution seems to exist.

Must be a conflict with your Windows Skin and PowerDVD!.

Samurai
10-08-2005, 10:32 AM
http://forums.stardock.com/?ForumID=167&AID=87601

I get this problem with most skins that i use.. only dogmax doesnt have this problem

Suprisingly I'm using DogmaX theme, so shouldn't be having these issues.