PDA

View Full Version : Aeon Flux

Busyman
10-08-2005, 09:15 PM
I know the trailer's old but it looks pretty good.

http://www.aeonflux.com/

georgia_v
10-10-2005, 06:44 AM
i've seen it and it looks kind of promising.... :rolleyes:

pusher
10-11-2005, 10:44 AM
I personally can't wait for this movie.
But I'm especially excited about the DVD boxed set of the show coming out next month.

Yum!

georgia_v
10-14-2005, 08:39 AM
i hope it will be a good movie... :)

bashnu
10-14-2005, 08:18 PM
as cartoon it was perfect

georgia_v
10-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Oh, it was a cartoon?....i didn't know....i mean yes actually...it is clear now..because nowadays many movies are made after cartoons, i should have thought so!

ziggyjuarez
10-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Whats the cartoon called?Any idea how i can get some.Futureistic movies rock.

Busyman
10-17-2005, 01:15 PM
Whats the cartoon called?Any idea how i can get some.Futureistic movies rock.
It's called.....Aeon Flux. :1eye:

A DVD is coming out with all the episodes. It's not neccesarily fututristic but it's weird as fuck and leaves many questions unanswered....every fucking episode.

Also many episodes have no talking but have balls out action.

It started on MTV's Liquid TV (Beavis and Butthead did too). The animator, Peter Chung, made a story in The Animatrix, made Alexander The Great futuristic style called Alexander Senki, made Chronicles Of Riddick: Dark Fury which goes between Pitch Black and The Chronicles Of Riddick movies.

Busyman
12-11-2005, 03:39 PM
I saw it last night and it sucked.

I mean it had good special effects but the directing (and cinematography) sucked and the underlying plot sucked.

The fighting scenes were rather horrible. We've seen The Matrix which had excellent one shot fights so wtf were they doing with the "fancy camera work" shot for fights. The envelope was hardly pushed. The action was not accentuated enough.

The weirdness of the TV show was not captured to full effect and this had to be a shit screenplay and should not have been greenlit.

Also it had too many boring talking parts that barely advanced the story. There also was not enough people in Bregna.

This movie gets a D.:angry:

I had to give points for the special effects and the black lady with the handfeet er...feethands. However she was under-utilized.:ermm:

hippychick
12-11-2005, 09:46 PM
I saw the movie also and I agree with Busyman it sucked! The movie started out with promise and went downhill from there...Like they ran out of a storyline in midstream and the movie started to just jump around from one scene to another...very choppy.
It was like they were making a sci-fi love story.

mr. nails
12-16-2005, 11:10 AM
i just watched this and do have all the original cartoons. i have to say that the movie didn't suck to bad, but then again i'm also very disappointed. i thought charlize made a good aeon, but her hair (bangs) needed to be longer. there was to much talking! where's the action where aeon kills like 500 bad guys in 15 secs? i just don't understand directors these days. with the money they put into movies, movies should be how for example: how said cartoons used to be. pftt, if i directed movies... resident evil, doom 3 & this so called aeon flux you'd be happy.

Shiranai_Baka
12-19-2005, 12:54 AM
I guess directors just don't care about feedback but just how must money they rake in. Bad reviews or not, people are still going to watch the movies and that's whats going to keep hollywood alive.