PDA

View Full Version : So what's the real deal?

j2k4
10-11-2005, 12:27 AM
After reading a thread in the sports section, I found myself wondering what the prevailing view of Freddie Mercury and Queen was-

One of the greatest acts in rock history, fronted by arguably the greatest frontman ever, OR:

A run-of-the-mill bunch of sexually-ambiguous hacks led by a screaming fag with the teeth of a cart-horse?

Just wondering...

Barbarossa
10-11-2005, 09:26 AM
One of the greatest acts in rock history, fronted by arguably the greatest frontman ever

That one. :cool:

Mr. Mulder
10-11-2005, 09:31 AM
yeah they were and still are tits, they weren't like the beetles - blown 100% out of proportion and in reality, just a shit pop band with even shitter solo acts.

Queen and Freddie Mercury were actually good (great even) and actually had talent :01:

Guillaume
10-11-2005, 09:33 AM
One of the greatest acts in rock history, fronted by arguably the greatest frontman ever, OR:

A run-of-the-mill bunch of sexually-ambiguous hacks led by a screaming fag with the teeth of a cart-horse?
The former, even if the late 80s and early 90s period of Queen was undoubtedly the latter. :(

Blythorama
10-11-2005, 11:15 AM
They win a small amount of browny points for possessing a certain degree of tackiness, corniness and cheese. Not as many as ABBA though, who are the epitomy of tack.

I had a fight with someone once who maintained Queen were a better band than Pink Floyd. :blink:

enoughfakefiles
10-11-2005, 11:55 AM
I actually know someone who went to a queen concert and said it was the best concert he'd ever been to. FTW :01:

DarthInsinuate
10-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Not as many as ABBA though, who are the epitomy of tack.
:O their clothes maybe, but definately not the music, except maybe Mamma Mia

Blythorama
10-11-2005, 01:03 PM
ABBAs music is insidious and gets in your head and makes you sing along. Like some kind of overly chirpy mind control....
Queen>ABBA but ABBA>Celene Dion

DarthInsinuate
10-11-2005, 03:33 PM
You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen, dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine, you can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life, see that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen

Blythorama
10-11-2005, 03:38 PM
You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen, dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine, you can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life, see that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen

ARghhhhhhhh. Overwhelming compulsion to have big hair.....

DarthInsinuate
10-11-2005, 03:51 PM
http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/5593/eyebrows0qd.gif

j2k4
10-12-2005, 01:20 PM
I'd never have dreamt this thread could get this far out-of-shape so fast... :huh:

Blythorama
10-12-2005, 02:15 PM
What was the question again? Are Queen better than ABBA? Yes. Yes they are, but everybody else is better than Queen. Except Celine Dion who is worse than both ABBA and Queen at their worst, combined.

j2k4
10-12-2005, 03:25 PM
What was the question again? Are Queen better than ABBA? Yes. Yes they are, but everybody else is better than Queen. Except Celine Dion who is worse than both ABBA and Queen at their worst, combined.

I can certainly understand your view vis a vis ABBA and Ms. Dion, both of whom were/are insufferable.

Queen was another matter.

I am attempting to assay the prevailing historical attitude toward them, especially amongst our U.K. members, which question has arisen over some relevant remarkage lately heard.

Barbarossa
10-12-2005, 03:32 PM

I can certainly understand your view vis a vis ABBA and Ms. Dion, both of whom were/are insufferable.

Queen was another matter.

I am attempting to assay the prevailing historical attitude toward them, especially amongst our U.K. members, which question has arisen over some relevant remarkage lately heard.

A poll is required. :schnauz:

j2k4
10-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Should have thought of that, I suppose.

A bit lazy and other-directed today,though.

Could you?

Barbarossa
10-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Of course!

(Like I have nothing better to do... :frusty: )