PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Need For This?

thechampishere
10-11-2005, 08:12 PM
What do you need to have your video card hooked up to your tv? I want to hook my pc screen up to my tv so when we are playing madden we can just have in on the tv what kind of card software do i need?

S!X
10-11-2005, 10:38 PM
To have your comp hooked up to ur tv you need a video card that has a S video out for starters, the come with the cord that plugs into your tv. What kind of video card do you have?

thechampishere
10-12-2005, 01:02 PM
mu vid is a NIVDA Geforce FX 5200 128mb ram

Virtualbody1234
10-12-2005, 02:50 PM
mu vid is a NIVDA Geforce FX 5200 128mb ram
A lot of companies make NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 based cards. We need a make and model number.

Or you could check the connectors at the back to see if it in fact has Svideo out.

http://hw.by/images/FX5600XT/Svideo.jpg

thechampishere
10-13-2005, 12:50 AM
yeah it has a s video what do i need to hook it from the back of my pc to the tv?

like im going out shopping tomm and droping some money on the PC and what cable do i need and where can i get it from?

S!X
10-13-2005, 01:28 AM
yeah it has a s video what do i need to hook it from the back of my pc to the tv?

like im going out shopping tomm and droping some money on the PC and what cable do i need and where can i get it from?

If your card has an S-Video out like you say it does, it should have came with the cable.

thechampishere
10-13-2005, 01:30 AM
i bought the card off my friend what does the cable look like and where can i get one?

ApacNTS
10-13-2005, 01:46 AM
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=15-2404 $6.99

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50529477&pfp=BROWSE $19.99

Virtualbody1234
10-13-2005, 01:56 AM
The next question is... Does your TV have S-Video IN?

thechampishere
10-13-2005, 02:18 AM
what does that mean and what does links go to they dont work over here?

ApacNTS
10-13-2005, 02:23 AM
does ur tv have an s video Input, u'd see it next to ur av input lines.

also: fixed the links, sorry about that, my computer messed up.

thechampishere
10-13-2005, 12:54 PM
what do you mean by that? It has a thing for the cable and thats pretty much it

Virtualbody1234
10-13-2005, 04:10 PM
what do you mean by that? It has a thing for the cable and thats pretty much it
What do you mean by that? What has what thing for what cable?

Gripper
10-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Well if your t.v dosent have a s-video in jack you won't be able to connect it to your pc,if you go into any electrical store and ask for the cable they will help you.

ApacNTS
10-13-2005, 07:01 PM
he means it has that screwon nob for the cable line. most tv's have the av(red white yellow) inputs next to that, then u'd see a round hole that has openings in it, should say s-video input under it.

thechampishere
10-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Allright so i bought my S Vid Cable and i hooked it to my DVD player which is hooked to my VCR which is hooked to my TV cause my tv is old and it only had the one for the cable like the old style not the new style. Any ways when i try to install the Nivia WOM driver it says that its not XP recognize and it will not let me start the driver to have it play on my tv whats next?

update
Heres more of what i have to say. Allright my tv is old school and it has the cable hook up not the S Video but the old one with the niddle in the middle. So i was thinking why cant this work. I hooked the S cable to my DVD which than is hooked to my VCR with the red white yellow which than hooks the cable niddle to my VCR to my TV. When i turn the tv on i get the DVD screen. So what cant i use the DVD as my gateway. I mean the S Video is hooked up to the DVD player so why cant i see with the DVD player? Plus when i try to install Nivdia WOM driver for my video i get a error that says Windows XP doesnt Recognize this driver and it gives me this where i can keep installing or stop installing so i click keep installing and after it installs my computer shuts down and when i try to start it to get it to clone over to my tv it says device cant be open try to uninstall and reinstall WOM driver. Any ideas?

thechampishere
10-14-2005, 09:34 AM
what no one has got any advice on that for me?

ApacNTS
10-14-2005, 12:20 PM
well if the s video out from ur computer goes into ur dvd player, i dont think u'd see it anyway as the dvd svideo is an output as well not in input. if ur vcr has a svideo, check to see if that says input. if it does connect it to that, then press "line or input" on ur remote so it goes to that channel.

as far as ur drivers go, have u tried visiting the actual site of the people who make ur video card/software? they may have updated the drivers because of instances like this.

Virtualbody1234
10-14-2005, 03:25 PM
ApacNTS is right. A DVD player doesn't have an input. It's not a recording device.

You need an S-video to composite converter:

http://www.svideo-rca.com/malesvideo.jpg

thechampishere
10-14-2005, 07:15 PM
allright that worked out i got it on the tv now theres only one prob left there is no color what so ever on the tv its black and white. any idea what i need to do to get the color of it from black and white to color hard to play SA when i cant see

thechampishere
10-14-2005, 10:09 PM
allright so i played around with the nivdia settings and i still have black and white. Any ideas?

ApacNTS
10-14-2005, 10:26 PM
is the cord securly in both sides? the tv and the video card? have u looked on nividia's site/faq/forums to see if it's happened before?

thechampishere
10-14-2005, 10:42 PM
no but ill give what u said a run threw ill update before i go to bed

thechampishere
10-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Update

So i got color on just due to one of my settings but i check the web for this and i got nutthin out of it when i play a movie threw VLC Media or Windows Media nutthin but a black screen pops up thats it any ideas why movies or games wont show up? that was the whole point of me doing this you know.

ApacNTS
10-14-2005, 11:33 PM
many others have had this problem it seems, another thing u could try that worked for some is when you switch to the line setting, see if u can change the signal setting, meaning if u have the whole a/b signal, push that and see if it works.