PDA

View Full Version : Queen

Barbarossa
10-12-2005, 03:43 PM
After reading a thread in the sports section, J2K4 found herself wondering what the prevailing view of Freddie Mercury and Queen was-

One of the greatest acts in rock history, fronted by arguably the greatest frontman ever, OR:

A run-of-the-mill bunch of sexually-ambiguous hacks led by a screaming fag with the teeth of a cart-horse?

Just wondering...

BigBank_Hank
10-12-2005, 03:51 PM
I voted the first option.

I think that another poll is in order to see how many of us knew that J2 was a woman. I for one didn’t.

manker
10-12-2005, 04:51 PM

I think that another poll is in order to see how many of us knew that J2 was a woman. I for one didn’t.Gemby told us last week.

j2k4
10-12-2005, 05:34 PM

I think that another poll is in order to see how many of us knew that J2 was a woman. I for one didn’t.Gemby told us last week.

Would that she had told me... :huh:

BigBank_Hank
10-12-2005, 06:25 PM

Damn it I can’t believe that I missed it. That will teach me never to go on vacation again.

j2k4
10-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Gemby told us last week.
Damn it I can’t believe that I missed it. That will teach me never to go on vacation again.

I'd have thought I needed a vacation to pull that off.

Must I take steps to dispel this vicious rumor?

I'll start by spanking Gemma... :naughty:

manker
10-12-2005, 07:19 PM
I can't really remember the context - but it's definitely gembs' fault :lookaroun

j2k4
10-12-2005, 08:11 PM
I can't really remember the context - but it's definitely gembs' fault :lookaroun

Yes-I've noticed Gembs causes you to lose track of context as well as losing your composure... :naughty:

vidcc
10-12-2005, 08:44 PM
One of the greatest acts in rock history, fronted by arguably the greatest frontman ever.
I will however say that I make this choice based on showmanship. I think there have been far superior groups as far as music goes but if you look at the whole package and attended a concert you got value for money from Queen.
Over the years I have seen a few groups who I have enjoyed listening to on record only to find out that they can't pull it off live. :dry:

j2k4
10-12-2005, 09:00 PM
One of the greatest acts in rock history, fronted by arguably the greatest frontman ever.
I will however say that I make this choice based on showmanship. I think there have been far superior groups as far as music goes but if you look at the whole package and attended a concert you got value for money from Queen.
Over the years I have seen a few groups who I have enjoyed listening to on record only to find out that they can't pull it off live. :dry:

That's about right, I think.

I've seen footage of Queen that sucked, too, but when they put it together, it was a show to remember.

Pink Floyd was great recorded or live, and could be quite a spectacle, but they didn't attempt to put on the show Queen did.

Value for money, as vid says.

manker
10-12-2005, 09:15 PM

Yes-I've noticed Gembs causes you to lose track of context as well as losing your composure... :naughty:I'm a sucker for softly-spoken, dainty - and especially - diffident young ladies.

http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/5593/eyebrows0qd.gif

manker
10-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Btw, on topic:

I think Freddie Mercury was an absolutely fantastic vocalist - peerless, in fact.

Their music was average, however.

j2k4
10-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Yes-I've noticed Gembs causes you to lose track of context as well as losing your composure... :naughty:I'm a sucker for softly-spoken, dainty - and especially - diffident young ladies.

You forgot furry.

manker
10-12-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm a sucker for softly-spoken, dainty - and especially - diffident young ladies.

You forgot furry.Mais non.

I firmly believe that how ladies decide to ameliorate their nether regions should remain none of our concern.

That is to say, I'm far too much of a gentleman to pass comment :snooty:

j2k4
10-12-2005, 11:22 PM
You forgot furry.Mais non.

I firmly believe that how ladies decide to ameliorate their nether regions should remain none of our concern.

A gentleman who makes passes at cats who wear glasses.... :huh:

manker
10-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Mais non.

A gentleman who makes passes at cats who wear glasses.... :huh: :lol: :lol: