PDA

View Full Version : Firefox is being problematic

Mr. Mulder
10-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Two main problems really, one is that it has epileptic fits with flash content like on the gamespot website – I followed the steps of disabling Obj-tabs in Adblock and that didn’t do anything, I didn’t even have Adblock to begin with and only downloaded it to disable those tabs. I also went into the Quicktime settings and made sure it wasn’t selected for browsing. Uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox hasn’t helped either :fist:

The other problem happens at random, all of a sudden everything I click on opens in a new tab and the wheel button on my mouse goes from scrolling up and down to enlarging/minimizing text – it’s really annoying and shutting down/restarting Firefox doesn’t help, I have to restart the computer completely :dry:

*and also, the wysiwyg posting box takes awhile to load :ermm:

Vargas
10-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox hasn’t helped either :fist:
did you remember to delete your firefox profiles (backing up your bookmarks of course) before re-installing?

GepperRankins
10-13-2005, 12:39 PM
i had a mobo that would act like i was pressing the ctrl key. the only way around this was to buy a USB keyboard so i didn't have to use the ps2 port.

doesn't the gamespot site fix itself once it's finished loading?

Mr. Mulder
10-13-2005, 12:43 PM
doesn't the gamespot site fix itself once it's finished loading?

yeah but it shouldn't be gay in the first place, imo :ermm:

did you remember to delete your firefox profiles (backing up your bookmarks of course) before re-installing?

yup :01:

orcutt989
10-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Firefox, problematic? Nooooo:P

DarthInsinuate
10-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Two main problems really, one is that it has epileptic fits with flash content like on the gamespot website – I followed the steps of disabling Obj-tabs in Adblock and that didn’t do anything, I didn’t even have Adblock to begin with and only downloaded it to disable those tabs. I also went into the Quicktime settings and made sure it wasn’t selected for browsing. Uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox hasn’t helped either :fist:

The other problem happens at random, all of a sudden everything I click on opens in a new tab and the wheel button on my mouse goes from scrolling up and down to enlarging/minimizing text – it’s really annoying and shutting down/restarting Firefox doesn’t help, I have to restart the computer completely :dry:

*and also, the wysiwyg posting box takes awhile to load :ermm:
my Firefox has none of those problems :01: , it just crashes all the time

Busyman
10-13-2005, 04:37 PM
WTH are the folks on here with all the IE problems ffs? :ermm:

peat moss
10-14-2005, 12:31 AM
I don't know guys not many guides on here how to tweak, speed up (its fucking slow ) or change skins ect. for IE either for that matter , must be that good...........

I like the other browsers for farting around with and changing things , my wife uses IE tho . :)

Mr. Mulder
10-14-2005, 09:48 AM
I've been using FF and an old version of Opera side by side for awhile now, think I'll be using Opera more from now on :ermm:

i had a mobo that would act like i was pressing the ctrl key. the only way around this was to buy a USB keyboard so i didn't have to use the ps2 port.

dave was right, it must have been my ghey mobo, none of the pci/agp ports work and now this :fist:

just took the ps2 extension of me keyboard and started using it wiv usb :01:

DarthInsinuate
10-14-2005, 09:51 AM
do you know where to find plugins for Opera, and how to make the gestures less crap?

Santa
10-14-2005, 10:40 AM
i just updated some extensions on two machines - and in both cases firefox went total glitch mode
had to reinstall
'wtf? never had this before

peat moss
10-14-2005, 12:17 PM
i just updated some extensions on two machines - and in both cases firefox went total glitch mode
had to reinstall
'wtf? never had this before

Ieview and Fasterfox for me last nite , surprised me too because it was automatic . But without a problem . :)

lynx
10-14-2005, 12:40 PM
just took the ps2 extension of me keyboard and started using it wiv usb :01:That's probably it.

A lot of mobos supply the ps2 ports from the 5v standby supply and there often isn't enough power to compensate for the extra voltage drop when you use a ps2 extension lead.

Mr. Mulder
10-14-2005, 12:52 PM
just took the ps2 extension of me keyboard and started using it wiv usb :01:That's probably it.

A lot of mobos supply the ps2 ports from the 5v standby supply and there often isn't enough power to compensate for the extra voltage drop when you use a ps2 extension lead.

and also half the stuff on the mobo doesn't actually work :pinch: