PDA

View Full Version : Patriotism Under Attack!

3RA1N1AC
10-14-2005, 04:52 AM
http://www.komotv.com/news/story.asp?ID=39576

uh, hmm, actually... well. vandalism isn't nice, especially when it's meant to harrass someone. the police should try to put an end to that, if they can.

but on the other hand, singlehandedly conquering vietnam three times (as much as i appreciate this accomplishment) doesn't exempt his home from prevailing notions of "residential upkeep" or good taste. the local news portrays him as an embattled hero? more like, the city oughta write him a ticket. the election was a full year ago. cut your lawn every couple of weeks, don't leave exterior christmas decorations up all year 'round, don't leave non-functional automobiles & appliances strewn around your yard, and take the dagnabbitin' garshdurned PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN SIGNS down after the election's finished. you know? nobody wants their property values brought down by one guy's brave decorative choices (i.e. clown house). :lol:

j2k4
10-14-2005, 09:54 AM

uh, hmm, actually... well. vandalism isn't nice, especially when it's meant to harrass someone. the police should try to put an end to that, if they can.

but on the other hand, singlehandedly conquering vietnam three times (as much as i appreciate this accomplishment) doesn't exempt his home from prevailing notions of "residential upkeep" or good taste. the local news portrays him as an embattled hero? more like, the city oughta write him a ticket. the election was a full year ago. cut your lawn every couple of weeks, don't leave exterior christmas decorations up all year 'round, don't leave non-functional automobiles & appliances strewn around your yard, and take the dagnabbitin' garshdurned PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN SIGNS down after the election's finished. you know? nobody wants their property values brought down by one guy's brave decorative choices (i.e. clown house). :lol:

Yes , what he's doing smacks of free speech, and reminds us of those pesky Christians with their creches and the like.

When will these people learn? :P

JPaul
10-14-2005, 11:05 AM
They should charge him with being in possession of an offensive wig.

http://www.komonews.com/news/images/Ken_Potts_100305.jpg

In fact you should use him as your new Avatar, j2. Screaming Bald Eagle and so forth

3RA1N1AC
10-14-2005, 11:10 AM
darn tootin'! :chris:

GepperRankins
10-14-2005, 11:15 AM
the guy's an idiot. in one sentance he says he doesn't want revenge and in the next he threatens to kill the culprits

JPaul
10-14-2005, 11:40 AM
the guy's an idiot. in one sentance ...
Good point, well made.

GepperRankins
10-14-2005, 02:00 PM
:pinch: it's a stupid word anyway

JPaul
10-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Anyway is a perfectly fine word.

j2k4
10-14-2005, 07:08 PM
They should charge him with being in possession of an offensive wig.

http://www.komonews.com/news/images/Ken_Potts_100305.jpg

In fact you should use him as your new Avatar, j2. Screaming Bald Eagle and so forth

That's a bit harsh.

Strike that-

Quite harsh, in fact.

:P

Gripper
10-14-2005, 07:44 PM

Is this you J2K4 :lookaroun ?

j2k4
10-15-2005, 01:23 AM

Is this you J2K4 :lookaroun ?

Uhhhhhh.......sorry, no. :huh:

I've never had a campaign sign of any sort on my property, nor would I.

Haven't the slightest idea why anyone would think a sign would/could/should alter a random viewpoint; the effect is surely lost on me. :happy:/

clocker
10-15-2005, 05:28 AM
Haven't the slightest idea why anyone would think a sign would/could/should alter a random viewpoint; the effect is surely lost on me. :happy:/
That's because you are sentient.
For many I suspect the last lawn sign before the polling booth is the total extent of their campaign information.

Biggles
10-15-2005, 11:53 AM
For many I suspect the last lawn sign before the polling booth is the total extent of their campaign information.

Wouldn't politics be interesting if every individual voted purely on the strength of the merits of each candidate rather than on lawn signs and tribal allegiances.

.... just a thought :)

Busyman
10-15-2005, 12:32 PM

Yes , what he's doing smacks of free speech, and reminds us of those pesky Christians with their creches and the like.

Guys like this though are the reason people have HOAs.
What freedoms don't Christians have btw? Sounds like a spurious statement.

peat moss
10-15-2005, 01:23 PM
He sounds like a good old boy I'd leave the swastika too , let the city pay for the clean up .

j2k4
10-15-2005, 01:28 PM

Another argument for means-testing voters...

clocker
10-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Now there is a slippery slope for you to traverse.
"Intelligence profiling"...it's the coming thing.

Biggles
10-15-2005, 02:11 PM
J2 doesn't go for those new fangled ideas

Eugenics! now there is an idea that still seems to have legs in some circles. :lol:

j2k4
10-15-2005, 03:36 PM

Eugenics! now there is an idea that still seems to have legs in some circles. :lol:

You all really have the wrong idea about me.

After all this time... :(

Biggles
10-15-2005, 06:49 PM

:lol:

I jest!

j2k4
10-15-2005, 06:58 PM

I jest!

I know!

The fact, however, remains.

GepperRankins
10-15-2005, 08:05 PM

something tells me your man wouldn't have got in if that was the case for the last 5 or 6 years :smilie4:

Busyman
10-16-2005, 12:37 AM

:O