PDA

View Full Version : Teachers Strike

peat moss
10-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Have one here ,no ones going to win .But had my youngest say Daddy why don't you teach us your smart !

Said I want more for you than what I can give . :lol: Little eyes looking up up at me .Fuckers get back to work .

Kids always suffer I hate that, should be an exceptional service no striking allowed when it comes to children.

The Day care is another issue . :D

Virtualbody1234
10-15-2005, 11:10 PM
... Daddy why don't you teach us your smart !
You're.

S!X
10-15-2005, 11:12 PM
I love the strike. Im pretty fuckin sick so I probbly wouldnt of been in school for the week.

j2k4
10-15-2005, 11:49 PM
You're.

Maybe the kid said it wrong, VB. :D

Yeah, teacher's strikes suck, and oughta be illegal.

Don't know about over there, but here, if you held your kid out of public school 'cuz you weren't satisfied, you'd be in the hoosegow.

Even home-schooling your kids will get you the ass from the laws.

S!X
10-15-2005, 11:52 PM

It is illegal.

Gemby!
10-15-2005, 11:55 PM
i think teachers just want time off :P

zapjb
10-16-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm always on the teachers side. There needs to be a minimum pay rate for teachers (qualified & degreed) nationwide. And it needs to be at least double if not triple or more what most of them are getting now.

peat moss
10-16-2005, 12:22 AM
You're.

Hence why they should stay in school . I'm tired of getting my balls busted over my spelling errors . Oh well I don't give a rats ass go fuck your self ..

Hows the spelling, mssed a capital or a comma ? I'm sure you'll point out my Grammar errors . Grammer says fuck you too ! I always liked her best . :)

Virtualbody1234
10-16-2005, 12:29 AM
;)

Rip The Jacker
10-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Teacher strikes don't effect anyone... not here at least...

I don't know about you guys, but here in LAUSD schools, 90% of the teachers didn't teach for shit. =/

I had some of the worst teachers ever. My Advanced Physical Science was so lazy, half the time, she would say something like "Ohh... class. I'm tired this morning... here, watch this video... and... uh... take notes or something."

/Pops in the video, puts food in microwave in class, and sits down watching boring educational video with us.

=/

tesco
10-16-2005, 12:36 AM
There's a strike going on? :O

I didn't know, i'm in my coop thing, dont go to school. :ermm: :01:

Wait, my sister was at school tho, so i gues there's no strike here. :unsure:

peat moss
10-16-2005, 12:42 AM

Going into its second week here in B.C.

Gemby!
10-16-2005, 12:44 AM
meh, my teachers are not on strike so im happy :)

S!X
10-16-2005, 12:58 AM

Going into its second week here in B.C.

w00t FTW.

peat moss
10-16-2005, 01:00 AM
;)

Your A teacher ? Sorry for the ball busting comment . :D

Rick Phlegm
10-16-2005, 02:02 AM
There's no reason for them to strike, those fawkers get paid enough as it is. :dry:

Having said that though, I'd never work with kids.

maebach
10-16-2005, 02:36 AM
I like when teachers go on strike. no school. im only saying that becasue my teachers suck alot.

Virtualbody1234
10-16-2005, 02:50 AM
;)

Your A teacher ? Sorry for the ball busting comment . :D
You're.

MagicNakor
10-16-2005, 03:55 AM
There are plenty of reasons for them to strike, and I support them wholeheartedly. It'd be about bloody time they got a negotiated contract, and not one imposed on them by the government.

:shuriken:

GepperRankins
10-16-2005, 05:14 AM
You're.

Maybe the kid said it wrong, VB. :D

Don't know about over there, but here, if you held your kid out of public school 'cuz you weren't satisfied, you'd be in the hoosegow.

Even home-schooling your kids will get you the ass from the laws.
maybe they want the intelligence he possesses :ermm:

j2k4
10-16-2005, 01:33 PM
There are plenty of reasons for them to strike, and I support them wholeheartedly. It'd be about bloody time they got a negotiated contract, and not one imposed on them by the government.

Should they be subject to periodic re-certification?

Should they have to agree to re-certification for such a program to be enacted?

j2k4
10-16-2005, 02:49 PM

It is illegal.

Do they go to jail?

Are they penalized in any way?

If not, it is not effectively illegal.

BTW-I'm not talking about missing a pay packet 'cuz you're on strike.

That's on you.

MagicNakor
10-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Recertification and evaluation varies by province/territory. In some, it's yearly. In BC, there's one for teaching in the province, another if it's been 10 years since you have, and another if you're moving from secondary to elementary.

The strike is illegal because the government has declared teaching an "essential service." The union can be fined, and has been fined in previous years. It has also been found guilty of civil contempt in previous years, and recently in contempt of court for violating the back to work order. The latest ruling froze the union's assets...all of their assets (cash, offices, records and so forth). Being thrown into jail is a possibility, although it has not yet occurred.

They're looking for a cap on class sizes and compositions, restoration of teacher-librarian, ESL, and special needs funding levels to what they were before they were cut back in 2002, and a 15% wage increase over the next three years, as the current government has a zero-percent policy for public-sector workers.

The teachers in BC haven't had a collectively agreed-upon contract since 1993, and their last contract expired 2004.

j2k4
10-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Recertification and evaluation varies by province/territory. In some, it's yearly. In BC, there's one for teaching in the province, another if it's been 10 years since you have, and another if you're moving from secondary to elementary.

The strike is illegal because the government has declared teaching an "essential service." The union can be fined, and has been fined in previous years. It has also been found guilty of civil contempt in previous years, and recently in contempt of court for violating the back to work order. The latest ruling froze the union's assets...all of their assets (cash, offices, records and so forth). Being thrown into jail is a possibility, although it has not yet occurred.

They're looking for a cap on class sizes and compositions, restoration of teacher-librarian, ESL, and special needs funding levels to what they were before they were cut back in 2002, and a 15% wage increase over the next three years, as the current government has a zero-percent policy for public-sector workers.

The teachers in BC haven't had a collectively agreed-upon contract since 1993, and their last contract expired 2004.

Leaving aside the issues other than re-certification (I honestly don't know enough to fault Canadian teachers, and would only feel compelled to examine the content of their teachings), in the U.S. the teachers' organizations avoid such requirements like poison, as they've done very poorly on the very few occasions tests have been administered.

Gripper
10-16-2005, 09:01 PM
We've seen some examples of what Canadian teachers have to deal with on this board,so they should be paid double whatever they are on now:)

Biggles
10-16-2005, 09:07 PM
We've seen some examples of what Canadian teachers have to deal with on this board,so they should be paid double whatever they are on now:)

Or in Canuk's case, triple. :ph34r:

j2k4
10-16-2005, 09:29 PM

Any teacher who dawdles here (Canadian or otherwise) is wasting his time.

This is only a bad thing if the teacher doesn't abide the thought, however. :D

Kokanee
10-16-2005, 09:35 PM
I have to agree with and support our teachers with this one. I would be completely pissed if someone told me I wasn't going to get a raise for so many years.
I have a son who just started school, we work around it now. I honk for every teacher I pass.
There is going to be a full union support and shut down on Vancouver Island and I sure hope the lower mainland is next! Pay them what they deserve and decrease the class sizes. How is my son going to get quality teaching time with his teacher when there is way too many kids in his class!!

Support our teachers, would you like a raise this year?.......of course you do!