PDA

View Full Version : Sleep...Sleep...too much...I feel soo terrible.

Wolfmight
10-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Ok, here's what happened.

I stayed up the day before yesterday all night into yesterday...
After staying up for 25 hours strait...I finally went to bed at 12:00 pm yesterday. Then I awoke at 5pm the same day and went back to bed at 7pm. I awoke at 6 am today and felt extremely bad. It's been hard to breathe and I'm so lightheaded I feel like I'm carrying an extra 10-20Ibs on my forehead. I actually feel a slight drowse, but I cannot risk anymore sleep until the proper time to go to bed.

I've gotten 16 hours of sleep and I believe anymore would be fatal the way I feel.

I stayed up for 25 hours because I wasn't tired. I just felt...normal, like I had just woken up. It was very weird, but I tried sleeping and didn't get any.

Some of my thoughts are very tricky, because they feel like they happened the same day...even though they didn't.

Anyone have a similar experience?

j2k4
10-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Lots of them.

Enjoy both phenomena, as they will be rare events soon enough for you to miss them terribly.

I love being awake and aware.

I love to sleep.

I can no longer over-do either one. :angry:

Gripper
10-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Sounds like a speed come down...Drugs are BAD :angry:

Mr. Mulder
10-16-2005, 03:05 PM
yeah i was really messed up for a few days when i downloaded bsg season 1 and had a marathon which lasted over night. started watching it in an afternoon and ended up finishing about 6 in the morning, then it was time to get a ridiculously early bus into town and wander about for an hour until a train came, the shit feeling came from the two curries and, 6 cans of red bull and a bottle of vodka that i had consumed during said marathon - the next day at college i was fooked good and proper, just could not stay awake but at the same time couldn't sleep and felt bad for a couple of days afterwards and saw little black spiders everywhere i looked :fist:

none of that would have been as bad if it were just as it was, but thanks to a small spot of binge drinking the night before this and little sleep the nights before that, it really hit hard :dry:

but now with no job or anything to do like it doesn't matter when i sleep or what time i get up :P

sort of the same is it not? :ermm:

GepperRankins
10-16-2005, 03:07 PM
this is like err, everyday of life, like

DarthInsinuate
10-16-2005, 03:11 PM
there was that time i walked from Portsmouth to Southhampton and back, but i keep bringing that story up, i'm bored of it

Gripper
10-16-2005, 03:20 PM
there was that time i walked from Portsmouth to Southhampton and back, but i keep bringing that story up, i'm bored of it
No do tell,sounds like my bicycle trip from Mansfield to Kidderminster overnight in the rain :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
10-16-2005, 03:28 PM

that's the time where you had to walk on the motorway at night and sleep on that bench but got fought off by a tramp was it not? :unsure:

DarthInsinuate
10-16-2005, 03:31 PM
i fought the tramp off, because tramps are too dumb to afford kung-fu lessons :snooty:

but yes, with the motorway, and the blister on my foot that hasn't healed properly yet

Mr. Mulder
10-16-2005, 03:33 PM
i fought the tramp off, because tramps are too dumb to afford kung-fu lessons :snooty:

that's not the way the tramp tells it :snooty:

DarthInsinuate
10-16-2005, 03:38 PM
that arse :dry: i gave him a really nice trolley to keep his mouth shut. I'm gonna go find him and kick his trolley over.

manker
10-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Didn't Busyman get beat up and then sued by a tramp in the train station where he lives :unsure:

Tramps - don't underestimate them!

Gripper
10-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Didn't Busyman get beat up and then sued by a tramp in the train station where he lives :unsure:

Why's Busy living in a train station,I thought he lived in a cellar with his mega huge HDTV :lookaroun

manker
10-16-2005, 04:13 PM

Why's Busy living in a train station,I thought he lived in a cellar with his mega huge HDTV :lookaroun
:lol: Damn my imprecise Engrish.

Who knows, really. His tramp story went from the sublime to the ridiculous.

No, wait - it was never sublime.

Proper Bo
10-16-2005, 04:23 PM

No matter what, I bet it smelled of pish

HeavyMetalParkingLot
10-16-2005, 05:38 PM

No matter what, I bet it smelled of pish

Give him a break, life is hard enough for a 450lb gringo who hasn't left his parents basement in 2 years. Show a little sympathy and compassion.

ahctlucabbuS
10-16-2005, 06:15 PM

Got up at 5:30 PM today :lookaroun

I fear monday morning will come late.

missie
10-16-2005, 09:01 PM

Remind me of that next weekend. :pinch:
Spent roughly 47 hours awake on base n vodka, managed 4 hours kip earlier though.

Got my dungaree's caught on a door handle earlier, and was stuck there for ages before I worked why I couldn't move. :P :pinch:

Gripper
10-16-2005, 09:03 PM

Spent roughly 47 hours awake on base n vodka, managed 4 hours kip earlier though.

Got my dungaree's caught on a door handle earlier, and was stuck there for ages before I worked why I couldn't move. :P :pinch:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shawn hung up one end of the room and you up the other :lol:
Why am I getting flashes of Come on Eileen running through my head :rolleyes:

Biggles
10-16-2005, 09:05 PM

Dungarees are cute though! :lol:

SGG wore them a lot when she was ickle ... most effective way of transporting her too ... as she rarely moved when told to. The straps were like carrying handles :shifty:

Sleep deprivation is bad for you - waking dreams and all that scary stuff :yikes:

missie
10-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Sleep deprivation is bad for you

I lost both my vision and hearing last night.
Think that may just be old age creeping in though. :unsure:

Biggles
10-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Sleep deprivation is bad for you

:blink: Doesn't tend to happen that fast in my experience

Guillaume
10-16-2005, 09:24 PM

:blink: Doesn't tend to happen that fast in my experience
That's just cause you can't recall it did. Fecking Alzheimer's.

Wolfmight
10-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Everything is back to normal for me now. It was strange, but the effects took around 3-4 hours to ware off. The effects of 16+ hour sleeps are terrible, because it's hard to breathe when you wake up.

ziggyjuarez
10-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Congratz you got a small look into my life :o1:

ahctlucabbuS
10-17-2005, 03:51 AM
Morning all - I'm off to bed.. ;)

GepperRankins
10-17-2005, 06:28 AM

Got up at 5:30 PM today :lookaroun

I fear monday morning will come late.
went to bed at 11. got up at ten to seven :01: