PDA

View Full Version : Nero Not Burning My .cue Files

DarkSteel
04-16-2003, 09:45 PM
OK, I have recently downloaded Nero and a .bin and .cue file for a game. I know that it works by going to "Burn Image..." then opening the .cue file. Everytime I do this, an error comes up simply saying it cannot open the file, then anotehr error comes up saying it can't open the .bin. What can I do to fix this?

MagicNakor
04-16-2003, 10:49 PM
Have you made sure your files aren't corrupt?

:ninja:

lowik
04-22-2003, 01:42 PM
try to reinstall nero and make sure that you have the latest version

Giy
04-22-2003, 01:51 PM
open the .cue file with note pad then look where it says - FILE "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" BINARY - make sure it says EXACTLY what the .bin file is called if it dont change it :)

ijc_2003
04-22-2003, 02:03 PM
dont use nero for burning bins use Alcohol 120% i had alot of problems burning bin with nero.

[QUOTE]Notice! Nero is not capable of handling all kinds of BIN/CUE Images. If you have problems using Nero for your image file, you should take a look at CDRWin instead or Alcohol 120%.

Nightwolf
04-22-2003, 05:28 PM
Download WinISO and use it to convert the bin to iso format. Nero can burn them easier, and they don't require a cue file. You could also use Winiso to extract all the files from the bin file to a temporary folder, then simply install the game from there. However, if the game says it need the CD in the drive to play, you'd have to find a NO CD crack (www.megagames.com has them).

Mavric
04-22-2003, 05:38 PM
Or if u realy want u could use a program that works with cloncd and also has the ability to emulate safedisk and other copy protection software that they put on games u dont even need the cue file just load up the bin file in this little program and you are sorted

http://www.daemon-tools.com/ :ph34r:

Giy
04-22-2003, 07:56 PM
dont use nero for burning bins use Alcohol 120% i had alot of problems burning bin with nero.

[QUOTE]Notice! Nero is not capable of handling all kinds of BIN/CUE Images. If you have problems using Nero for your image file, you should take a look at CDRWin instead or Alcohol 120%.

rubbish nero can handle all .cue and .bin files providing they match - iv used nero for over 1.5 years now and NEVER had any problems and iv burnt all kinds of software

The King
04-22-2003, 09:30 PM
I've had a problem with splinter cell cues and bins. I try to burn image but when I do it says

Cannot open image file FLT-SC1.BIN!

Then it says

An error occurred when loading cue file FLT-SC1.BIN (Line One)

I don't know what to do

Should I change the biins to isos?

Giy
04-22-2003, 10:20 PM
open the cue with note pad change the 1st line so it reads

FILE "FLT-SC1.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

if *FLT-SC1.BIN* is the name of the bin file

open nero close the wisard if it starts, click file - burn image make sure the cue and the bin are in the same dir

The King
04-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Ya it worked! :D :P :lol: