PDA

View Full Version : Problem with time out error....please help me!

sameer0807
10-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Hi,

For some reason no matter what torrent i try to download, Azureus and uTorrent gives me time out error.

I have tried several different sites with different trackers and different torrents, but every time i get time out error.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? This has never happened before......I wonder what's causing this.

I do not have a router, I have DSL connection which is directly connected to my computer.

Specs:
Winxp Pro
Pentium 2.60GHz
512MB RAM

please help me!

Firefox17
10-21-2005, 02:40 AM
Have you installed any firewall software lately?
Have you tried to check your windows firewall for blocking it?

sameer0807
10-21-2005, 03:41 AM

I recently downloaded AVG Anti virus and I think it comes with a firewall. I tired looking for firewall option but cant find it anywhere in the AVG Control center.

I think that might be it, but not sure though 'cause i dunno how to access AVG Firewall.

As far as windows firewall is concerned, No its not blocking it.

txccna
10-21-2005, 05:25 AM
the windows firewall blocks incoming connections - you need to enable those for succeessful torrenting, also you will need to find out the port number that your torrent client is listening on and program your router to forward traffic from that port to your ip....

sameer0807
10-21-2005, 07:38 AM
you will need to find out the port number that your torrent client is listening on and program your router to forward traffic from that port to your ip....

but my internet connection is direct.....i dont have any router hooked up, the internet is hooked up to moderm n thats abt it....

Firefox17
10-21-2005, 10:24 AM

I recently downloaded AVG Anti virus and I think it comes with a firewall. I tired looking for firewall option but cant find it anywhere in the AVG Control center.

I think that might be it, but not sure though 'cause i dunno how to access AVG Firewall.

Try to look in here:
AVG Control Center -> View -> Components

If you still can't find then try to disable AVG completely, just to check if the torrent works.

sameer0807
10-21-2005, 09:46 PM

Try to look in here:
AVG Control Center -> View -> Components

If you still can't find then try to disable AVG completely, just to check if the torrent works.

I still cant find AVG Firewall anywhere, may be it doesn't come with it. Anyways i have disabled AVG completely and then tried running torrents, but still i get time out error.

This is really getting very frustrating......:(