PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol 120% BIG problem plz help

Josh
10-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Hello,
Well my alcohol 120% did not unistall properly so i was stuck with a CD drive on my pc which didnt exsist so the pc thinks i have 1 more drive than i do have its the old virtual drive but it doesnt do n e thing so a pain in the arse and when i unistall the drive it just coems back like a normal drive. So i tried to reistall alcohol 120% and guess what i get error 25002 so i looked about and it said i delete reg keys and drivers well the drivers dont exist so i installed alcohol 120% with a different driver name and installed fine but now i have my virtual drive back but the old virtual drive is still there and does nothing how the hell do i get rid of it how do i get rid of the old drivers i cannot find them. I am looking for these 2 a347bus and a347scsi

plz help

orcutt989
10-22-2005, 02:12 PM
I think you could go to Device Manager (My Computer>>Right Click>>Properties>>Hardware>>Device Manager) And then go to "DVD/CD-Rom Drives. Expand it, then click on the virtual drive (Mine is called AXV CD/DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device, I use Alcohol 120% too.) Right click it, and click properties. When the window pops up, click the "Driver" tab, and then click the "Uninstall" button. Maybe that will work?

Josh
10-22-2005, 02:16 PM
I managed to get rid of it but alcohol wont reinstall still so i have just renamed the driver when installing and it seems to be ok hopefully

Wizard_Mon1
10-23-2005, 12:23 PM
edit: never mind :P

Josh
10-23-2005, 02:39 PM
But do i need to worry that the old drivers are still somehwre in the pc since alcohol wont install with normal drive names

Wizard_Mon1
10-23-2005, 05:57 PM
But do i need to worry that the old drivers are still somehwre in the pc since alcohol wont install with normal drive names

how do you change the driver name?

orcutt989
10-23-2005, 07:35 PM
But do i need to worry that the old drivers are still somehwre in the pc since alcohol wont install with normal drive names If you got rid of the CD drive that you wanted to, and it doesnt show up in My Computer, then what's the worry?