PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Search & Destroy latest update= f'd

zapjb
10-21-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm a big fan of SSD. And I wouldn't be posting here if the Net-Integration forum was up.

Anyways I had to do a system restore on my computer (XP pro) after updating 10/21/05. I got the latest includes file from MajorGeeks. The symptoms were that just about every program ran slower. An AV scan took 10 minutes longer. Even a scan with Spybot instead of 3 1/2 minutes took 6 minutes. Opening every program took like 5x longer. There's something wrong with the latest update.

peat moss
10-22-2005, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the heads up my Moms , Microsoft antispyware expired and was going to tell her to d'/l Ssd . Guess its a trip to her house with my Giant . Wonder what caused it can you roll back with System Restore ? Or uninstall and use an older version .

zapjb
10-22-2005, 02:29 AM
I'm Ok after the restore. First time SSD ever failed me. I'll try the update again in a couple days.

peat moss
10-22-2005, 02:43 AM
I always admired the free programs ,alot of work and little pay . Updates are pretty fast with SSD tho . Hope some free source community helps him .

zapjb
10-22-2005, 03:34 AM
You know peat moss, it just might be my experience. Not worldwide. That's why I posted this. To see if anyone else had troubles with this latest update.

cpt_azad
10-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Havent' tried the update yet, and now that you're telling me somethings wrong I dont want to :unsure: but i'll most likely give it a try tomorrow. I'll post back if I find something f'd up.

zapjb
10-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Well I think I found the problem & it's not SSD. Another program (CounterSpy) I've had for weeks now just started being a resource hog. I just disabled this other program from realtime protection & everything now seems fine.
So I uninstalled CounterSpy & will try Trend Micro AntiSpyware. If I don't like that back to M$ AntiSpyware for me.