PDA

View Full Version : 2 Bin File problems

mr. nails
10-22-2005, 09:03 AM
my first prob is i can't seem to get 5.1 surround sound out of bin files using vlc player. actually i can't get 5.1 out of any media type, but am just worried about bin files. the 2nd prob is when i burn bin files as a data file i can't get sound at all. i've burnt bin files as data files in the past and was able to get sound off of it, but now i can't. suggestions? thx.

mr. nails
11-01-2005, 07:06 AM
bump

Mïcrösöül°V³
11-01-2005, 09:29 PM
bin files are usually vcd or svcd files (or game images, but images nonetheless). Wouldnt you want to burn them using something like alcohol, and burn the image to a disc? I always have sound that way. I never even thought of burning them as data, because they arent really data in that respect. Use image burning wizard in alcohol 120. You should be fine that way. :)

Virtualbody1234
11-01-2005, 10:09 PM
How can you get sound out of .bin files? They are disc image files intended to be burnt to a disc. Once burnt you then can "play" whatever was in the image. It could be movies, sound, pictures, executable files or even text.

Again bin files aren't necessarily audio files.

mr. nails
11-02-2005, 08:02 AM
purpose of burning them as data is because i want more than 1 file on a dvd. not intended for viewing on a tv. in the past i have been able to burn them as data on a dvd and i was able to watch the movie (as a data file) and have sound. now, all my bins burned won't play sound. once again, they used to play sound. i did and still use vlc to view them.

the 2nd question i had was i can't get 5.1 sound out of them anymore prior to burning. is there a way to force 5.1 sound w/bin files?

no one else is having any of these issues?

Virtualbody1234
11-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Ok i'll bite. What software are you using to "open" those bin files burned as data?

callum
11-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Ok i'll bite. What software are you using to "open" those bin files burned as data?

VLC media player, he's only mentioned it twice :P

Virtualbody1234
11-02-2005, 02:44 PM

VLC media player, he's only mentioned it twice :P
Sorry. I must be missing something here. :blink:

mr. nails
11-02-2005, 03:24 PM
what's to miss? what do u use to view bin files? what do any of u guys use to view bin files? there are lots of movies available to dl that are bin files. do u guys just dl them and immediately burn them as a vcd or kvcd or something? me, i dl them and watch them as is. lol, all i'm asking is what happen to my sound once i burn them and why i can't get 5.1 sound out of them in the first place. not much to miss...

Virtualbody1234
11-02-2005, 04:01 PM
There's no such thing as .bin video format.
http://www.afterdawn.com/faq/playback_problems/how_to_open_a_bin_file.cfm

accat13
11-02-2005, 04:37 PM
You should really get away from using vlc to play bins.Bins are meant to be burned as images your just causing yourself an issue,you should be extracting the mpegs from the bins then burning as data (some standalone dvd players will even play them like this)try this link for a tutorial http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/141726.php#svcdbin I use isobuster for svcd and vcdgear for vcd http://www.vcdgear.com/ but to each his own.Hope this helps good luck :)

Gripper
11-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Would 5:1 be encoded on to the files,depending on the compression or whatever you would lose something,also have you up dated your codecs that could be causing sound issues

mr. nails
11-02-2005, 05:48 PM
why would i want to waste a cd just to watch a movie? sure, i have bin's burnt, but the quality is decent, but why burn something that the movie is either no good or maybe the quality isn't that good. i just want to watch the movie then maybe delete it off my hard drive. games are different. i just burn the image and BAM i have the game. games aren't the issue here.

as for my codecs. all my codecs are up to date.

for MY purposes can someone recommend a better player to watch movies that are in bin format BEFORE burning the image? thanks for all the input guys. thx.

Virtualbody1234
11-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Can't you burn to a rewritable disc and reuse it?

accat13
11-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Like I said previously bin files are not meant to be viewed just extract the mpegs and any player will work...But if you must view the bin Nero showtime will work...but you have to select all file types from the source drop down menu

mr. nails
11-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Can't you burn to a rewritable disc and reuse it?
my only point is that that is a waste of time when vlc plays the movie.

mr. nails
11-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Like I said previously bin files are not meant to be viewed just extract the mpegs and any player will work...But if you must view the bin Nero showtime will work...but you have to select all file types from the source drop down menu
extracting the file did exactly the same thing that vlc does, but without having to extract anything. haven't tried ur nero showtime yet. does that cum with nero that u can dl or something that u need to purchase?

does no one like vlc here or something? just asking...

Virtualbody1234
11-02-2005, 09:30 PM
I use vlc all the time. Great program.

But I never "play" .bin files.

mr. nails
11-03-2005, 05:41 AM
I use vlc all the time. Great program.

But I never "play" .bin files.
so u immidiatly burn ur bin files? u never "play" them to see quality or what not?

Mïcrösöül°V³
11-04-2005, 03:24 AM
Why not just mount the .bin to a virtual drive and play it from there. Its been a while, but Im pretty sure you can do that. I prefer to waste cds, cuz Im good like that. :)

mr. nails
01-12-2006, 05:59 AM
You should really get away from using vlc to play bins.Bins are meant to be burned as images your just causing yourself an issue,you should be extracting the mpegs from the bins then burning as data (some standalone dvd players will even play them like this)try this link for a tutorial http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/141726.php#svcdbin I use isobuster for svcd and vcdgear for vcd http://www.vcdgear.com/ but to each his own.Hope this helps good luck :)
ok, i've did that, but when "I" do that and i make an .avi out of it it plays fine. 5.1 and everything, but when i want to skip to the middle of the movie or just anywhere in the movie it freezes. why? i chose th option "extract but filter only m2f2 mpeg frames." i have tried all the options though just to see if it made a difference. something i'm missing?

dodgy368
01-12-2006, 04:00 PM
does no one like vlc here or something? just asking...Great program, when I used to d/l bins I ALWAYS checked them with VLC and if the quality wasn't worth wasting a disc then I'd watch it with VLC.:)

glazi
02-13-2006, 04:07 AM
i'm sure you've already figured this out, but you only need two programs.

bin2iso - available as freeware.

and isobuster from SmartProjects

bin2iso is a command line program that will decode the .bin file into an .iso image which isobuster can extract all video and data info from.

isobuster will effectively create an .mpg file from the .iso image. you should be able to convert a 700M .bin file to .mpg in roughly 25-30 seconds.

happy decoding

mr. nails
02-13-2006, 11:08 AM
lol, perhaps no one reads previous posts within the threads. i'm not converting and/or extracting anything. i'm simply watching the video. geez.

also, seeing how this was brought back up. on my recent format i've installed videolan 8.4 and i get 5.1 audio now! yay!

tesco
02-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Why not just mount the .bin to a virtual drive and play it from there. Its been a while, but Im pretty sure you can do that. I prefer to waste cds, cuz Im good like that. :)
Same as I do.

Anyway you still haven't mentioned what these are bin files of.
VCDs? sVCDs? DVDs?

Not that it matters now since it's working again.

glazi
02-14-2006, 04:05 AM
of course i read the thread. the method i posted guarantees you will always have video and audio via an .mpg file.

reading .bin files on the fly is simply not dependable. i've done it for over 3 years and it's hit and miss.

best wishes

mr. nails
02-14-2006, 10:27 AM
getting audio and video were never the problem. i simply got 5.1 one day and 2.1 the next and just wanted to know what i may have did wrong. if i'm just gonna watch the vcd, svcd and kvcd's and then delete them when the audio and video are just fine by watching them via videolan; why go thru the trouble of converting? i'm sure ur method is fine for u, but this is fine for me is all.