PDA

View Full Version : LSASS.EXE System Error... Help Needed!

BILLY-THE-FISH
10-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Hi,

I can't log on my computer at all.... :angry:
Im now on my friend's computer to see if anyone can pls. help:blink:

The error occurs when i get on to my log-on page.. i get past the windows rolling bar bit and then this error appears...

"LSASS.EXE - System Error

X Security accounts manager initiliazation failed beacuse of the following error:The Handle is Invalid. Error Status: 0xc000008
Please clikn OK to shutdown this system and reboot into Safe Mode, check the log for more detailed information"

I try and boot into Safe mode... but the same error appears before i get onto log on part again :frusty: . The only way to then turn off my PC is via the plug!!

I really dont know what to do next and would greatly appreciate any help/ advice.

Thanks in advance

:wave:

lynx
10-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Sounds like lsass.exe may be corrupt.

However, this has nothing to do with hardware, so I'll move it to the right place.

BILLY-THE-FISH
10-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Sounds like lsass.exe may be corrupt.

However, this has nothing to do with hardware, so I'll move it to the right place.
Ahh Thanks

suprafreak6
10-23-2005, 10:08 PM
id reboot right about now or use another harddrive to run the os and get the files off that harddrive

Smith
10-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Lsass.exe randomly terminating is a symptom of the "Sasser" worm, just so you know. I had the same problem a few months ago, a good format fixed that :(

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sasser.removal.tool.html

brotherdoobie
10-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Lsass.exe randomly terminating is a symptom of the "Sasser" worm, just so you know. I had the same problem a few months ago, a good format fixed that :(

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sasser.removal.tool.html

Listen to the Canuk. I know he's Canadian, but he is correct in his assumption.
It's most likely that you're infected with the Sasser worm.

Peace bd

BILLY-THE-FISH
10-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Wow I'm back... in the end i had to repair windows...
And now i've lost alot of files/ folders. i can see then in C:\ Documents and Settings but now it keeps saying access is denied!
Anyone know how to get these files back?

cheers

Barbarossa
10-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Sounds like your permissions could be all fecked up.

Are you logging in as an administrator?

Delorean
10-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Man... just format you pc to get rid of these problems once and for all... as for the files you could try system restore, but i don't know this is going to help!
For every program in your pc always back up cuz you never know when something is going to fecked up your pc..
So try system restore... if it works fine.. just back up your files and then format it!

BILLY-THE-FISH
10-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Sounds like your permissions could be all fecked up.

Are you logging in as an administrator?
Yeah i logged in as administrator

BILLY-THE-FISH
10-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Man... just format you pc to get rid of these problems once and for all... as for the files you could try system restore, but i don't know this is going to help!
For every program in your pc always back up cuz you never know when something is going to fecked up your pc..
So try system restore... if it works fine.. just back up your files and then format it!
I think system restore points have gone since i repaired windows..
I could re format and start again but still never get those docmants back :(

Smith
10-27-2005, 11:10 PM
I think system restore points have gone since i repaired windows..
I could re format and start again but still never get those docmants back :(

I had the exact problem as you. I didnt have the sasser worm, but I had about 4-5 trojans that wouldnt go away. Even when I removed them more came. your fucked, dont mean to seem rude, but it would be quicker to format and start fresh, than to battle this thing. I spent 4 days trying to fix it and finally got fed up.