PDA

View Full Version : Help Save The World!

longterm
04-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Okay. Here's the gig. I am trying to save the world. It is my hobby. It is not a well-paying hobby, and requires stupendous amounts of reading and yakking. I am looking for suggestions, and here are the issues at hand.
A couple points, right off. These 1st few are not topics, per se. I am trying to dispel trivial matters.

1. Race can NOT be an issue. That is IT! That is it. Our blood is red, the WORLD ENTIRE, and racism is USED by power-mongers to maintain control.
GET OVER IT! Hatred born of racism divides the power of free people. I know it seems like only white people are running America, and the world, to some. I'M white, and broke! It's not about race. It's about who gets the moolah, and when they get it, and how much they get. Money is green, and is the motivator behind many innocent people being killed. SO. First off. Get over racism, no matter where you are. We'll set the record straight, if we join our minds/time/hearts.

2. Violence is NOT an option. I SAY AGAIN...violence is NOT an option.
It merely gives powermongers a reason to hunt you down and toss you in jail, or worse, kill you. So. If you can't stand what your leader is doing, leave them alone. Work on educating people on the truth.
Self-defense is another story. I am not referring to self-defense.

3. Some parts are U.S. specific, with the understanding that if one day, America becomes free, and I mean really free, not media says so free, it can help other countries become free.

Now for the tough part.
The questions are not many. They are compelling. Once they are answered, we can get behind most of the pain and suffering.

1. Biggest and most difficult problem.
What will motivate the people who run the biggest companies, such as GE,
Disney, Standard Oil, Dupont, Dow, Bayer, Ford (some of these may be subsidiaries by now-they are just examples), and banks, and the other hundreds of companies who actually dictate the way things go, to fundamentally change how they do business, so that people do not drop dead of starvation, chemical poisoning, pollution?
How do you get someone who takes home billions of dollars to suddenly alter what he does, without violence, without threat of violence?
This is the hardest question for me to answer. What do you appeal to?
Who do you even talk to? I mean, we all know Bush is black with oil, so he might be a decent intermediary, but what about the rest?

2. How do we let people know, swiftly and accurately, that the American government as a democracy is a sham, and that the President has powers now, (and has had), that give him a very tight-fisted control over the masses. The Federal Register and Fedral Reserve are both rather suspect, and take any real bite from the majority. Since the government controls the press, and the tv, and taps the phones, and opens the mail, and chooses the curriculum for the schools, how does a real statement get through? I say again, violence is not an option. Only idiots and insane people would advocate using violence against multi-billionaire paranoid, intelligent, technologically armed to the teeth people. I'm neither insane, nor an idiot. Merely concerned about the truth. That's all.

Now, the floor is yours, world.
GIVE ME YOUR SUGGESTIONS. B)

Note: "Go fuck yourself" will not be considered as a feasible way of saving the world, but it will work as a brief distraction, so I may go do that for awhile. :P

Watch, I'll get 5 hits and a reply that reads:
"Uh, good topic, but it&#39;s too long." <_<

News flash, folks.

I AM TRYING TO SAVE THE FUCKING WORLD&#33; IT TAKES A FEW SENTENCES&#33;
Geez, already&#33; ;)
:P
Educate. Laugh. Love. Life.

jay973
04-17-2003, 08:59 AM
Thats just a bunch of tree-hugging hippy crap.
Just let nature take its course.

B)

sAdam
04-17-2003, 09:08 AM
eheh, jay

thats exactly what i was gonna say

goddamn stupid hippies think they can change the world.

shit if we listened to idiots like this, we&#39;d all be sittin on straw mats eatin rice cakes and singin kom-bai-ya

fuk that noise, i&#39;m gettin in my SUV and goin to McDonalds.

longterm
04-17-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by jay973@17 April 2003 - 09:59

B)
Um, trees are nice, yes. Letting "nature" take its course, and letting some stranger run roughshod over my existence are two different things.
If I pick up a pencil and then let it fall, it does indeed, fall.
THAT is part of the order of things.
If it can be man made, it can be man unmade, such as:
Law.
Company.
Money.

These are not "nature&#39;s" doings. They are mans&#39;. I am proposing a change in how the future is going to look.

I am thinking 50, 150, 500 years ahead. Not 1. Not 5.
Do you think your kids will ever visit a space station?

What about your great-great-grandchildren?

Do you care? Why not?
I understand. Why worry about something so far away?
(Especially if there is beer or drugs nearby&#33;)
Because it needs to be worried about. It needs to be.

The American dictatorship is NOT natural, nor right, and it is filled with lies which would rend the nation asunder were they to be voiced at once.
A change is needed.

I know violence is a part of life. I&#39;m not referring to the natural selection that goes on. I am talking accountability, and truth.
It is not too much to ask for. If one cares.
I don&#39;t think I should be penalized for caring.
I think I would go utterly mad if I just gave up.
(I shave my head, so the hair part would not apply to the "hippy" moniker.)

Thank you for responding, and I hope I&#39;ve not offended you.

jay973
04-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Do you really think this is the correct forum to start a thread like this?
WE HAVE NO MORALS HERE.Greenpeace is down the corridor,third door on the left.
Oh and please shut the door behind you.
Thanx.

:D

longterm
04-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Geez. I am not a friggin&#39; hippy. I am simply upset that we are fed lies daily, and I also want my piece of the fucking pie. I was not going to write any of this next stuff, but fuck it, I may as well get it off my chest.
I&#39;ve had severe stomach pain for months now, and the ER won&#39;t look without &#036;, and the doctors won&#39;t look without &#036;, even though it "might" be cancer, and the insurance from work is too expensive, I can&#39;t do both insurance AND rent, even in this low-income neighborhood.
I&#39;m hoping I don&#39;t drop dead any given day, because my only child will be 2 soon. I want to see her grow up.
I was in the U.S. military, and when I left, it was with an honorable medical discharge. They&#39;ve denied me ANY benefits AT ALL. For years.
I was lied to by doctors for 10 years, and now owe &#036;250,000 in medical bills, so my credit is SHOT. I finally solved the medical problem myself, for free&#33;
MY SUV, a Ford Explorer, was totally paid off, when it was impounded and sold over a &#036;10. ticket. No alcohol was involved, there was no accident at all. When it was all said and done, this cost me about &#036;16,000 in property and my relationship with my child&#39;s mother. The cop wouldn&#39;t give me a warning, just laughed and said, "Nope."
I fall through every friggin&#39; crack that would allow me to get the help other people are getting, and it sucks. Royally.
So. I am sick and fucking tired of the people in power using their power to gain, gain , gain, and fuck the world around them.
"27,000 kids died yesterday from hunger? fuck&#39;EM&#33; 27,000 more today? fuck&#39;EM&#33;"
Have you read 1984, lately?
Have you read The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America?
It&#39;s not easy doing something beyond existing for one&#39;s self, and half the time I feel like just dropping all my research. Just dropping it all, and saying,
"Fuck every other person that is not me." and just totally looking out for me alone. But it&#39;s not my nature.
I appreciate your feedback, and if you have anything else to add, please...write away.

I don&#39;t vent often, so when I do, it&#39;s acidic. :angry: My apologies.

Educate. Laugh. Love. Life.

longterm
04-17-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by jay973@17 April 2003 - 10:36
Do you really think this is the correct forum to start a thread like this?
WE HAVE NO MORALS HERE.Greenpeace is down the corridor,third door on the left.
Oh and please shut the door behind you.
Thanx.

:D
:lol: :lol:
Very funny.
In that case, what other forum could be NEARLY as fun as this one, to start such a thread?
It&#39;s always great to hear from those without morals, &#39;cause I may learn something&#33; ;)
Who the hell said I had any morals anyway? :blink:
I just want you to be as free to do your thing as possible, as well as the next few generations. <_<
p.s.-I could never do Greenpeace&#33; I shave my head, and would freeze my scalp off within seconds. :o Not for me, chap&#33;

hobbes
04-17-2003, 11:22 PM
1)People with no insurance get treated every day in the same manner as those fully insured. It is called a Unversity hospital.

Where do you think all the streetpeople, drunks, dealers, and felons get their medical care. Just call an ambulance, lay on your front doorstep, and they will take you there.

2) Police impounded YOUR car over a 10 dollar ticket and sold it. How about you engage in some honesty here. No partial truths.

3) Your doctors lied to you for 10 years. Sure, of course, they were just milking you for money. Laughing all the way, without a care. PPPPPP-paranoia.

Sure, you may have been misdiagnosed, but there is a chasm between overt neglect and failing to discover the nature of your ailment in a timely manner. My own Grandmother spent 2 years, traveling state to state, before finally getting a diagnosis. It never crossed anyones mind that we were being extorted or lied to, why do you feel this way?

4)You have &#036;250,000 in medical bills, no credit, yet you paid off a &#036;26,000-37,000 car. Most poor people ride the bus.

What I am saying is that your story doesn&#39;t mesh well. Are you sure you are not the problem?

This is not a flame.

Think about it, when bad things happen to you, you claim no resposibility. You just jump on the paranoia bandwagon and claim that the government, the police, and doctors are all out to get you. Takes all that nasty responsibility off your chest. You are an innocent victim.

Also, you blamed the police for the deterioration of your relationship. Nothing you did, but something that was done to you.

Before you save the world, you must first save yourself.

As for saving the world when you are better:

People are starved intentionally by their governments. This is how they control the population. You cannot free yourself from this oppresssion by ignoring your leaders and you certainly are more interested in eating than learning to read or write.

This type of oppression cannot be removed with articulate debates and philisophical pondering. VIOLENCE is the only remedy.

Different groups have been attempting to feed the world since I can remember. We still stand firmly on square one, spinning in a circle. You can&#39;t cure pneumonia by treating the fever with ice, you need to attack the cause.

Final note:

"The American dictatorship is not natural, nor right, and it is filled with lies which would render the nation asunder were they to be voiced at once".

Did you really use "asunder"? That line kind of rendered me nauseated. Smells like propaganda.

longterm
04-19-2003, 10:40 AM
I know you&#39;re not flaming me. I need the reality check.
Yes, I used "asunder". It&#39;s not propaganda, it&#39;s emotion.
Sue me :lol: (Sorry I soured your tummy. :blink: )
The Explorer was bought used for under &#036;1000, from a friend who&#39;d bought a new vehicle.
It WAS my fault for getting the ticket that started the process, but since I paid the ticket, and remember paying, since it was raining like hell the day I took it to the courthouse, I was a bit miffed that my license was suspended over it months later. ( I found out at the time of pullover.) Since I didn&#39;t know it was suspended, a "routine pullover" that would&#39;ve resulted in either a ticket or warning in most other cases, I checked the statutes, etc, resulted in an arrest and impound, since I was driving illegally. Whoopee.

The doctor thing? From the age of 21 to 32 I had over 75 shoulder dislocations. The first dozen or so were due to seizures, the majority after that happened in my sleep.
Unfortunately, I cannot do the "Lethal Weapon" trick, due to a Hill-Sachs deformity in the shoulder bone. So. 75 trips to different ERs over the years. I asked doctors repeatedly whether there was anything I could do to decrease the likelihood of future dislocations. To a tee, the response was
"surgery." When I asked about exercises, and I did, I was told to keep it immobilized and don&#39;t use it very strenously, or in reaching positions.
So. 2-3 years ago I&#39;m reading through a bodybuilding mag and I&#39;m reading this article on shoulder strength and how to best develop it, and what to watch out for, since the shoulder is considered one of the least stable joints in the body, depending on angle and pressure.
So I tailor the exercises to my capacities, and I&#39;ve not had one dislocation since, even though I&#39;ve had a few seizures.
They were the first...ever...seizures...to NOT include a dislocated shoulder as part of the package.
My anger at the doctors is a simple question.
Why couldn&#39;t ONE, over a course of nearly ten years, advise me of the real benefits of the exercises I asked about?
I trusted the doctors when they advised me, and took their advice. I got to visit them often. No, they did not take my money. Due to the epilepsy and shoulder issues, my job history never included insurance, and often I was homeless when I went to the ERs. (Nope, don&#39;t drink. No drugs, either, although one ER doctor accused me of dislocating my own shoulder to get meds. If he&#39;d done some checking, he would&#39;ve found out that I did not EVER fill a prescription from an ER, since I never HAD pain once the shoulder was back IN. Since I was homeless, the easy answer looked best to him. The prescription slips ended up in trash cans, always.)
I have to go to work now, so I can&#39;t reply completely. I do enjoy the feedback, though.
Like I&#39;ve written elsewhere, give me reason to believe it&#39;s so.

ne1GotZardoz
04-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by longterm@17 April 2003 - 03:37
1. Biggest and most difficult problem.
What will motivate the people who run the biggest companies, such as GE,
Disney, Standard Oil, Dupont, Dow, Bayer, Ford (some of these may be subsidiaries by now-they are just examples), and banks, and the other hundreds of companies who actually dictate the way things go, to fundamentally change how they do business, so that people do not drop dead of starvation, chemical poisoning, pollution?
How do you get someone who takes home billions of dollars to suddenly alter what he does, without violence, without threat of violence?
This is the hardest question for me to answer. What do you appeal to?
Who do you even talk to? I mean, we all know Bush is black with oil, so he might be a decent intermediary, but what about the rest?
Not a difficult problem. The solution is simple.

Get everyone to change their spending habits.

Every branch of Corporate America operates on a profit margin.

Where do you think they get that profit?

Who&#39;s controlling who here?

There is only one corporation in the good ole USA that I absolutely HAVE to give my money to.

And the people in charge of that one are elected by me. :)

Peace

ne1GotZardoz
04-19-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@17 April 2003 - 18:22
3) Your doctors lied to you for 10 years. Sure, of course, they were just milking you for money. Laughing all the way, without a care. PPPPPP-paranoia.

Sure, you may have been misdiagnosed, but there is a chasm between overt neglect and failing to discover the nature of your ailment in a timely manner. My own Grandmother spent 2 years, traveling state to state, before finally getting a diagnosis. It never crossed anyones mind that we were being extorted or lied to, why do you feel this way?

4)You have &#036;250,000 in medical bills, no credit, yet you paid off a &#036;26,000-37,000 car. Most poor people ride the bus.

Hobbes, I need to stand in his defence on one issue:
The bus...If you lived here, you&#39;d understand that is not always a reliable option.

Beyond that, I did not know he owned an SUV.

Aren&#39;t they gas guzzlers?

Does that mean he supports the quick departure of fossil fuels?

Or does he just support the major corperations that sell them?

Longterm...Your comment??

ne1GotZardoz
04-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by jay973@17 April 2003 - 03:59

B)
Ok...You&#39;re a moron.

Its ok...The world needs morons too.

Who would watch infomercials without them?

I don&#39;t agree with anything he said in that post, but I support his right to say it and I understand the mindframe.

I understand your mindframe too.

You&#39;re an idiot. Thats not a word I use often so you should feel proud right now.

Is your neck getting sweaty right now?

Are you trying to think of something brilliant to top your last brilliant post?

I understand if a friend is reading this with you, that you may need to save face.

After all, I just called you a moron in front of him/her. You must feel pretty stupid right now but you don&#39;t want them to know it.

Better think of a good comeback quick.

Times running out. If you take too long you&#39;ll only prove my point.

Oh...And hippies do not hug trees.

Wiccans do.

Its a pagan ritual that a few hippies took part in because, (big surprise), they were wiccan.

You should start digging through your &#39;crap&#39; before you flush from now on.

I think you&#39;ve lost a few brain cells there.

No ill feelings.

If you&#39;re going to flame someone, at least put some genuine thought into it.

And if you flame, expect to be flamed back.

Turnabout is fair play.

Dude.

hobbes
04-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Hobbes, I need to stand in his defence on one issue:
The bus...If you lived here, you&#39;d understand that is not always a reliable option.

Beyond that, I did not know he owned an SUV.

[/QUOTE]

Hell, buses suck, period. I know that.

My point was that only in America can someone declare themselves poor yet drive around in a car. A car is a luxury item if you think about the world in general. What percentage of the world population owns a car?

I in no way meant to imply that buses are practical, safe or sanitary :huh:

hobbes
04-19-2003, 06:20 PM
The whole scenario spins a little differently when we find out you are driving around with a poorly controlled seizure disorder.

It is clear that at some point, your seizures were poorly controlled. Now you seem to imply that they come around occasionally, but still occur. I don&#39;t think I want you driving on my highway.

The road to credibilty is paved with honesty.

My father is a doctor and I am all too familiar with his ER stories. I can see how your doctor might become callous and question your motives given the nonsense that goes on there. You have been declared guilty by association, which is a shame. Sorry.

He told me about an IV drug abuser with HIV, who was found unconcious in a stairwell. He regained conciousness 3 days later in his cozy hospital bed and immediately started buzzing the nurse. She rushed to the room, where he greeted he with a warm, "Where the f*ck is my lunch?"

I&#39;m glad my tax dollars are going to support his meds and hospital care.

The bottom line is that you saw a bad doctor, he did not intentionally lie to you, very big difference.

I do appreciate your insurance situation. The old "pre-existing condition" clause.

I can now appreciate the origin of your "paranoid perspective". You have a condition which you did nothing to deserve (except being born), it interferes with your daily life, and it keeps you poor by blocking you from afforable insurance. That would really frustrate me too.

I would want to know how to get out of that trap. Keep positive.

(Reply cut short as my brain is dislocated from last nights festivities)

longterm
04-20-2003, 08:29 AM
I am very glad for the responses I get. Like I said, I need a reality check, now and then.
So. I did not DRIVE when the seizures were poorly controlled. :huh: I like life too much, and damn well know the risks. When I&#39;m on my meds, they ARE perfectly controlled. Always. When I ran "out" of meds, due to low &#036;, I didn&#39;t drive, usually for at LEAST 2 weeks after I&#39;d restarted the meds, to make sure my blood was saturated properly.
I didn&#39;t go around with my hand out the window flippin&#39; off the world thinking, "Eff you&#33; I&#39;m wasting gas&#33;" :o (It&#39;s been 2 years since this happened.) Not the flippin&#39;, the impounding&#33; <_<
I was ecstatic to be in a vehicle that ran and wasn&#39;t rusted out. It was the single nicest thing I&#39;d ever owned, and BY FAR the biggest asset. Ever.
In fact, it was the only asset I&#39;ve ever owned, before or since, based on the financial definition of asset. It wasn&#39;t constant either. If I add the times which I owned a vehicle, it would be about 3 1/2 years total, since I turned 16. The Explorer I had for about 1 year, but only drove it about 5 months, on and off. When I first got it, mostly, and about one week before I lost it.
Otherwise, it&#39;s been the bus or subway, or here in Florida, shoes. B)

I do not think the doctors LIED to me. They simply didn&#39;t give any free advice.

If I see a man trip over his shoelaces, and then help him up, I don&#39;t let him go on his way if he hasn&#39;t stopped to tie his laces. What, I want to see him trip again? I can&#39;t open my mouth, or tie his shoes for him, if need be?
I&#39;m talking about decency. ONE exercise has CURED the shoulder. Free.

Anyway, understand this. I&#39;m past that, or damned close to past that.

It (the post),was the first time in my life that I&#39;ve ever tried to communicate the sheer frustration that goes along with realizing that so many years were wasted.
I went to Los Angeles to do music when I was 21. Within 6 months, multiple seizures had laid me low to the point of selling all my musical equipment to maintain a roof. I did not get any equipment again until I was 30.
By then, I&#39;d been homeless 3 times, each time for a period of 6 to 8 months.
No car. No family. No bank account. No credit. No college. No roof.
However, also, no drugs, alcohol or smoking.
Just the seizures, and the dislocations, and the lost jobs because I was calling in from the ER...again. Many jobs I held when I was homeless, but still could not afford both meds and rent.
When bosses would sigh, and ask what they were supposed to do about my shifts, and how often will this keep happening, I naively told them to do what they had to do. It wasn&#39;t their fault, and I wasn&#39;t going to say, "You&#39;d better hold my job or I&#39;m suing for discrimination&#33;"
I felt that was rude.
What did I do when I was homeless? Applied for work. Sometimes I WAS working&#33; Volunteered at a park, where I taught many kids chess, in english and spanish, and also helped some parents learn english a bit better. Taught myself to read Korean, (took 4 hours) but haven&#39;t really used it in the last few years, so I&#39;ve forgotten most of it. So. Here I am, 35.
Over 75 different jobs.
No insurance. No car. No credit. &#036;250,000 (minimum) in debt. No college.
IQ measured at various times to be 160, 162, and 158.
Any physical proof, or seeming benefit of that, beyond unpublished compositions?
Nope. But I&#39;ve got a lot I&#39;ve written. :)
I&#39;m actually overjoyed to be alive. Really. My original rant was just venting. My roommate&#39;s friend told her she didn&#39;t know how my roommate could live with me, because, according to the friend, "I&#39;d be pissing my pants all the time laughing so hard. He&#39;s too funny."
(No, not looks...wit&#33;) B)
I&#39;m also an artist: writer and drummer---drumming is my forte.
I&#39;m about a studio level player, with no contacts yet.
I&#39;m still striving. I&#39;m looking forward to the day when I can put MY name on a lease, somewhere, instead of always being the roommate. Better yet, a contract to buy. Best? Someone&#39;s CD. It&#39;ll happen. I perservere.

As for the military side of it? Army.
I joined when I was 18. I did not have epilepsy. My first petit mal seizure came on the qualifying range, in basic, at Fort Jackson, S.C. and I did not know what it was, so I assumed it was nerves, or something, after all, it only lasted a second or two, and just involved a brief "tuning out". My first grand mal seizure did not come until I was 20. When I went to my superior officer and told him what was going in, I was checked out, then given an "Honorable Medical Discharge" due to seizures. By then I was 21. I&#39;ve been denied any benefits, at all, of any type, since then. Totally.
I don&#39;t qualify. ( I went into the Natl. Guard, so it&#39;s not the military, according to the office clerks I&#39;ve been referred to and can&#39;t get past.)

As for flaming responses. Please. When I need a good laugh I&#39;ll watch Bush say things like, "We are after peace."
A baboon can type in "treehugging hippy", eventually. (Of course, the same could be said for my posts&#33;)
Can it wonder whether you&#39;ll have your civil liberties 15 years from now?
Do you care about 15 years from now?
What about 150 years from now?

I understand. The world is here now, as it is, and we are here now, as we are.
Time marches on.
I thought someone was supposed to be concerned about the future.
I thought I was okay for being so.
I guess I&#39;m crazy.
I guess I should readjust my focus so I can say,
"Eff the rest. I&#39;m looking out for me only."

Um. No. This would not be kind at all. After the hell I&#39;ve gone through, and understand that all this crap I&#39;ve typed is merely a drop in the bucket, compared to the unwritten events, after the hell I&#39;ve gone through, you don&#39;t want me looking out for #1, and God help the rest.
You flat out don&#39;t. It would be rude. Way rude. I&#39;m not rude.
So I&#39;ll continue trying to solve the issues on a macroscopic level.
It keeps me socially concerned, if not socially accepted.

It&#39;s my best outlet for the injustice I see around me.

Remember:

If it looks like a dog, smells like a dog, acts like a dog, sounds like a dog, feels like a dog...it&#39;s a dog&#33;

If it looks like a conspiracy, sounds like a conspiracy, has the elements involved which "defines" conspiracy, acts like a conspiracy...you&#39;re crazy&#33; :blink:

Comments? :D

longterm
04-20-2003, 08:51 AM
One more thing. When I applied for disability, the response was
"Mr. ......"

After reviewing your records it is our decision that, yes, you are disabled. However, you are not quite disabled enough. Please contact us if your situation changes. Your application is denied.

Signed, etc, etc

It was during this time that I volunteered at the park, because, by the guidelines, if I worked at all, I was not disabled. Never mind that my average stay at a job was a couple months, based on health issues.
When I asked the lady at time of applying about &#036; and food, if I could not work, her response was,
"That is not our problem, sir."
At least she was polite.
:rolleyes:

ne1GotZardoz
04-20-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by longterm@20 April 2003 - 03:29
I am very glad for the responses I get. Like I said, I need a reality check, now and then.
So. I did not DRIVE when the seizures were poorly controlled. :huh: I like life too much, and damn well know the risks. When I&#39;m on my meds, they ARE perfectly controlled. Always. When I ran "out" of meds, due to low &#036;, I didn&#39;t drive, usually for at LEAST 2 weeks after I&#39;d restarted the meds, to make sure my blood was saturated properly.
I didn&#39;t go around with my hand out the window flippin&#39; off the world thinking, "Eff you&#33; I&#39;m wasting gas&#33;" :o (It&#39;s been 2 years since this happened.) Not the flippin&#39;, the impounding&#33; <_<
I was ecstatic to be in a vehicle that ran and wasn&#39;t rusted out. It was the single nicest thing I&#39;d ever owned, and BY FAR the biggest asset. Ever.
In fact, it was the only asset I&#39;ve ever owned, before or since, based on the financial definition of asset. It wasn&#39;t constant either. If I add the times which I owned a vehicle, it would be about 3 1/2 years total, since I turned 16. The Explorer I had for about 1 year, but only drove it about 5 months, on and off. When I first got it, mostly, and about one week before I lost it.
Otherwise, it&#39;s been the bus or subway, or here in Florida, shoes. B)

I do not think the doctors LIED to me. They simply didn&#39;t give any free advice.

If I see a man trip over his shoelaces, and then help him up, I don&#39;t let him go on his way if he hasn&#39;t stopped to tie his laces. What, I want to see him trip again? I can&#39;t open my mouth, or tie his shoes for him, if need be?
I&#39;m talking about decency. ONE exercise has CURED the shoulder. Free.

Anyway, understand this. I&#39;m past that, or damned close to past that.

It (the post),was the first time in my life that I&#39;ve ever tried to communicate the sheer frustration that goes along with realizing that so many years were wasted.
I went to Los Angeles to do music when I was 21. Within 6 months, multiple seizures had laid me low to the point of selling all my musical equipment to maintain a roof. I did not get any equipment again until I was 30.
By then, I&#39;d been homeless 3 times, each time for a period of 6 to 8 months.
No car. No family. No bank account. No credit. No college. No roof.
However, also, no drugs, alcohol or smoking.
Just the seizures, and the dislocations, and the lost jobs because I was calling in from the ER...again. Many jobs I held when I was homeless, but still could not afford both meds and rent.
When bosses would sigh, and ask what they were supposed to do about my shifts, and how often will this keep happening, I naively told them to do what they had to do. It wasn&#39;t their fault, and I wasn&#39;t going to say, "You&#39;d better hold my job or I&#39;m suing for discrimination&#33;"
I felt that was rude.
What did I do when I was homeless? Applied for work. Sometimes I WAS working&#33; Volunteered at a park, where I taught many kids chess, in english and spanish, and also helped some parents learn english a bit better. Taught myself to read Korean, (took 4 hours) but haven&#39;t really used it in the last few years, so I&#39;ve forgotten most of it. So. Here I am, 35.
Over 75 different jobs.
No insurance. No car. No credit. &#036;250,000 (minimum) in debt. No college.
IQ measured at various times to be 160, 162, and 158.
Any physical proof, or seeming benefit of that, beyond unpublished compositions?
Nope. But I&#39;ve got a lot I&#39;ve written. :)
I&#39;m actually overjoyed to be alive. Really. My original rant was just venting. My roommate&#39;s friend told her she didn&#39;t know how my roommate could live with me, because, according to the friend, "I&#39;d be pissing my pants all the time laughing so hard. He&#39;s too funny."
(No, not looks...wit&#33;) B)
I&#39;m also an artist: writer and drummer---drumming is my forte.
I&#39;m about a studio level player, with no contacts yet.
I&#39;m still striving. I&#39;m looking forward to the day when I can put MY name on a lease, somewhere, instead of always being the roommate. Better yet, a contract to buy. Best? Someone&#39;s CD. It&#39;ll happen. I perservere.

As for the military side of it? Army.
I joined when I was 18. I did not have epilepsy. My first petit mal seizure came on the qualifying range, in basic, at Fort Jackson, S.C. and I did not know what it was, so I assumed it was nerves, or something, after all, it only lasted a second or two, and just involved a brief "tuning out". My first grand mal seizure did not come until I was 20. When I went to my superior officer and told him what was going in, I was checked out, then given an "Honorable Medical Discharge" due to seizures. By then I was 21. I&#39;ve been denied any benefits, at all, of any type, since then. Totally.
I don&#39;t qualify. ( I went into the Natl. Guard, so it&#39;s not the military, according to the office clerks I&#39;ve been referred to and can&#39;t get past.)

As for flaming responses. Please. When I need a good laugh I&#39;ll watch Bush say things like, "We are after peace."
A baboon can type in "treehugging hippy", eventually. (Of course, the same could be said for my posts&#33;)
Can it wonder whether you&#39;ll have your civil liberties 15 years from now?
Do you care about 15 years from now?
What about 150 years from now?

I understand. The world is here now, as it is, and we are here now, as we are.
Time marches on.
I thought someone was supposed to be concerned about the future.
I thought I was okay for being so.
I guess I&#39;m crazy.
I guess I should readjust my focus so I can say,
"Eff the rest. I&#39;m looking out for me only."

Um. No. This would not be kind at all. After the hell I&#39;ve gone through, and understand that all this crap I&#39;ve typed is merely a drop in the bucket, compared to the unwritten events, after the hell I&#39;ve gone through, you don&#39;t want me looking out for #1, and God help the rest.
You flat out don&#39;t. It would be rude. Way rude. I&#39;m not rude.
So I&#39;ll continue trying to solve the issues on a macroscopic level.
It keeps me socially concerned, if not socially accepted.

It&#39;s my best outlet for the injustice I see around me.

Remember:

If it looks like a dog, smells like a dog, acts like a dog, sounds like a dog, feels like a dog...it&#39;s a dog&#33;

If it looks like a conspiracy, sounds like a conspiracy, has the elements involved which "defines" conspiracy, acts like a conspiracy...you&#39;re crazy&#33; :blink:

Comments? :D
Well...If you want to be technical...Just about everything that occurs on this planet by will through co-operation is a conspiracy.

The fact that we call it a dog, is a conspiracy.

The only real question then, is just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Will you take the red pill, or the blue pill.

Your assumption is that the conspiracy is designed to the detriment of freedom.

That may or may not be true, but where is the proof?

Sure its a conspiracy, but what cause is there to be alarmed that its against us?

Peace

(and I went against my decision not to post anything more in this set of forums. The lounge just isn&#39;t very interesting at all)

ne1GotZardoz
04-20-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by longterm@20 April 2003 - 03:51
One more thing. When I applied for disability, the response was
"Mr. ......"

After reviewing your records it is our decision that, yes, you are disabled. However, you are not quite disabled enough. Please contact us if your situation changes. Your application is denied.

Signed, etc, etc

It was during this time that I volunteered at the park, because, by the guidelines, if I worked at all, I was not disabled. Never mind that my average stay at a job was a couple months, based on health issues.
When I asked the lady at time of applying about &#036; and food, if I could not work, her response was,
"That is not our problem, sir."
At least she was polite.
:rolleyes:
Would your doctor not support a higher level of disability?

hobbes
04-20-2003, 05:56 PM
Ok now, back to the topic.

If we are to save the world, we must define exactly what "saving " means.

Is it democracy for all, food for all, freedom of religion, babes in bikinis, chicks on trampolines, buy one, get one free?

"The Avatar Man"
04-20-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@20 April 2003 - 18:56

Is it democracy for all, food for all, freedom of religion, babes in bikinis, chicks on trampolines, buy one, get one free?
wishful thinking my man.
the world doesnt need saving humans do.
they only way to really achieve peace will be to kill every human on the face of the earth only then will true order be restored

ne1GotZardoz
04-20-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by "The Avatar Man"+20 April 2003 - 13:00--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("The Avatar Man" @ 20 April 2003 - 13:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--hobbes@20 April 2003 - 18:56

wishful thinking my man.
the world doesnt need saving humans do.
they only way to really achieve peace will be to kill every human on the face of the earth only then will true order be restored [/b][/quote]
I&#39;ve gotta agree with that one.

Mankind is the only species as far as we know, that is consciously able to control it&#39;s own destiny.

We have redefined "survival of the fitest" to mean the weakest if they make it to the hospital in time.

We are creating a reality where the strongest and most cunning get sent to jail or pidgeon-holed into one mode of thought.
The weakest and most controllable are given the best chance at survival in this brave new world.

Don&#39;t allow you children to call each other names. We wouldn&#39;t want them to learn to deal with adversity at an early age.

Don&#39;t let them fight on the playground. That might toughen them. God forbid that they should learn to deal with pain.

Don&#39;t let them play anywhere that they may get hurt. They might accidentally learn physical skills and problem solving skills that will help them have the confidence they need to take necessary risks when they are older.

Wouldn&#39;t want to create any heros.

Thats the world we are creating.

Technology is a wonderful thing.

One E-Bomb can permanently dissable it.

What skills will be needed then?

myfiles3000
04-20-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz@20 April 2003 - 22:10
We are creating a reality where the strongest and most cunning get sent to jail or pidgeon-holed into one mode of thought. The weakest and most controllable are given the best chance at survival in this brave new world.

Wouldn&#39;t want to create any heros.Thats the world we are creating. Technology is a wonderful thing. One E-Bomb can permanently dissable it.What skills will be needed then?
NE1,
I&#39;m hoping for your sake the post was a joke, cuz its the most anti-social thing i&#39;ve seen in a long time. Aren&#39;t you a father? Do you seriously question the need to imprison certain people? You believe that the world would be a better place if criminals and psychopaths were in control? That this would create a society of Heros? Wouldn&#39;t saddam be your ideal ruler under such a scheme?

If you were serious, get on anti-depressants, you&#39;ll thank me later. So will your kid.

ne1GotZardoz
04-21-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by myfiles3000+20 April 2003 - 18:21--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfiles3000 @ 20 April 2003 - 18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ne1GotZardoz@20 April 2003 - 22:10
We are creating a reality where the strongest and most cunning get sent to jail or pidgeon-holed into one mode of thought.&nbsp; The weakest and most controllable are given the best chance at survival in this brave new world.

Wouldn&#39;t want to create any heros.Thats the world we are creating. Technology is a wonderful thing. One E-Bomb can permanently dissable it.What skills will be needed then?
NE1,
I&#39;m hoping for your sake the post was a joke, cuz its the most anti-social thing i&#39;ve seen in a long time. Aren&#39;t you a father? Do you seriously question the need to imprison certain people? You believe that the world would be a better place if criminals and psychopaths were in control? That this would create a society of Heros? Wouldn&#39;t saddam be your ideal ruler under such a scheme?

If you were serious, get on anti-depressants, you&#39;ll thank me later. So will your kid. [/b][/quote]
Yes...From reading it the way I wrote it, I can see where you may not get my point.

I was stating a fact. We jail the strong and cunning to protect the weak and controllable.
We are the only species that does that.
In every other species, the natural order is that the strong survive and the weak fall by the wayside.
Or get eaten.

We lock them up.

We create laws.
We refine those laws.
We redefine those laws.
We tell others how they are suppose to live.
We cry and whine when anyone does the same in return.

But we don&#39;t really change what percentage of crime is commited.
We just change the way its commited.
We change who gets away with it.

And the only reason right now, that we are winning in Iraq, is superior technology.

I&#39;m not saying Saddam is right.
I&#39;m not saying most criminals don&#39;t deserve to be locked up.

What I&#39;m saying is, if we had gone to war without our technology, what do you expect the results would have been?
If we were on equal ground with Iraq.

One E-Bomb could have done that if properly placed.

Peace

myfiles3000
04-21-2003, 01:08 AM
I was stating a fact. We jail the strong and cunning to protect the weak and controllable.We are the only species that does that. In every other species, the natural order is that the strong survive and the weak fall by the wayside. Or get eaten.
--no argument here.

We tell others how they are suppose to live. We cry and whine when anyone does the same in return.
--not sure i follow, could you give an example? Bit confused on "they" and "we".

But we don&#39;t really change what percentage of crime is commited. We just change the way its commited.
We change who gets away with it.
--agreed, laws are social constructions, and are defined in context. But many crimes are so common as to be virtually universal human crimes, those of violence.

And the only reason right now, that we are winning in Iraq, is superior technology.
--Here&#39;s where you start to lose me.

I&#39;m not saying Saddam is right. I&#39;m not saying most criminals don&#39;t deserve to be locked up.
What I&#39;m saying is, if we had gone to war without our technology, what do you expect the results would have been? If we were on equal ground with Iraq. One E-Bomb could have done that if properly placed.

--i think you&#39;re saying that since we&#39;ve removed ourselves from natural selection/survival of the fittest, that the hierarchy now depends on external, man-made factors, like warplanes and electricity and modern medicine. That supremacy has nothing to do with the physical attributes of a people, but their technology.

again, no argument on that point. but you seem to imply that there&#39;s some impending Mad Max apocalypse, that will render the developed world the lowest group on the ladder. So as long as we maintain civilized society, we&#39;re sealing our fate. You&#39;re not religious, are you?

ne1GotZardoz
04-21-2003, 01:50 AM
duplicate post

ne1GotZardoz
04-21-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by myfiles3000@20 April 2003 - 20:08

We tell others how they are suppose to live. We cry and whine when anyone does the same in return.
--not sure i follow, could you give an example? Bit confused on "they" and "we".

They and we are really one and the same. Mankind in general. We want to tell everyone else how to live but we don&#39;t want anyone telling us how to live.
Examples...Hmmm...Ok...I&#39;ll bring it down to a neighbor level.
One guy is upset because his neighbor doesn&#39;t rake leaves until they&#39;ve all fallen.
He thinks they should be removed daily. Pristine yard kinda thing.
How would he feel though if the neighbor told him he was not allowed to rake his leaves until they had all fallen. Mainly because kids love to play in leaves and they look so beautiful on the ground.

Everyone has a prefered method. No-one wants someone else imposing theirs on them.

One E-Bomb could have done that if properly placed.

--i think you&#39;re saying that since we&#39;ve removed ourselves from natural selection/survival of the fittest, that the hierarchy now depends on external, man-made factors, like warplanes and electricity and modern medicine. That supremacy has nothing to do with the physical attributes of a people, but their technology.

again, no argument on that point. but you seem to imply that there&#39;s some impending Mad Max apocalypse, that will render the developed world the lowest group on the ladder. So as long as we maintain civilized society, we&#39;re sealing our fate. You&#39;re not religious, are you?

Are you familiar with EMP? Thats what an e-bomb emits.
Imagine every electronic and electrical component frying all at once for several miles.
Beyond that, all electronics are dissabled for a period of time for a few more miles.
Within the immediate range, all electronics are destroyed. Never again usable.
Thats not sci-fi.
We can do it now without nukes.
The bomb is somewhat like a tesla coil, capable, on detonation, of transmitting a high level electrical burst of energy that will destroy computers, radios, tvs, cell phones, etc.
People were wondering if we would use them in Iraq. I think we did but they were small.
Here&#39;s is some basic info and links to more info:

A Superconducting E-Bomb (http://superconductors.org/emp-bomb.htm)

Yes, I am religeous. Why do you ask?

Peace

kAb
04-21-2003, 03:17 AM
longterm:

what will motivate people like kim jong II to stop starving his people and stop threatening the rest of the world?

Z
04-21-2003, 06:01 AM
you guys write too much. go watch a funny movie.

and also, if you want to make a difference, become the president, otherwise, its just like that online petition against the war: we laugh at you.

j2k4
04-21-2003, 03:00 PM
After having been out of the loop for a few days, I return to find I must immediately commence re-compression so that I might contribute coherently.
Oh, well........
Beginning sequence on my mark..........

Z
04-22-2003, 02:05 AM
j2 you crack me up... :lol:

i AM saving the world.

hobbes
04-22-2003, 03:19 AM
Hey Z,

I just watched "A Scary Movie" the "I know what you did last summer" spoof. Am I off the hook.

"Old School" with Will Ferrell is downloading now.

kAb
04-22-2003, 03:52 AM
super troopers&#33;

actually only seen the first ten minutes so far, but its hilarious&#33; :lol:

j2k4
04-22-2003, 05:33 AM
Longterm-
You have earned my compassion and respect; I know how debilitating epilepsy is ( I worked with MANY epileptics in a therapeutic setting years ago); it seems some Doctors considered the problems "solved" with the advent of Tegretol, etc. So sad.
I also empathize with your plight in a different way-I suffered a skull-fracture years ago that had the effect of negating a significant portion of my I.Q., I have some difficulties I won&#39;t bother to describe-suffice it to say number-crunching, while by no means impossible, is MUCH more taxing then it should be. :lol:
Anyway, I&#39;m still left with the urge to tell you to attack things in a more plodding manner-you remind me at times of the "Roadrunner" or "Speedy Gonzalez"; one look, and you&#39;re gone.
Give it another try, but remember-SLOW DOWN&#33;&#33;&#33;

longterm
04-23-2003, 02:37 AM
Well, I have got the ULTIMATE in irony. Yes, it is, and no you don&#39;t have it, because I do. (sticks tongue out while saying, "Nyahh, Nyahh.")
I went to work Easter Sunday, the day after I&#39;d typed my last response, and guess what happened?
I had a full-blown, grand mal seizure, which dislocated both shoulders and fractured the left one&#33; :blink:
My head matches Gorbachev&#39;s with my new carpet-burn scab&#33; :huh:
After 7 hours at the hospital I was finally given pain-killers, and so was able to laugh about the beautiful irony of what I&#39;d written and the events that occurred.

Ah, yes, the original thread&#33;

My point is simply that I&#39;m sick and tired of being on what seems to be the outside of the benefits offered to some, and I&#39;m sick of the lying that would only fool a public long misled and kept on a short leash of fear.

Do you really think Bush has been honest?

If you do...I&#39;ve got a bridge over here I&#39;d like to sell... :D

Anyhoo...I&#39;ve appreciated all the comments so far...and hope to read some more...fractured shoulder and all&#33;

hobbes
04-23-2003, 06:08 PM
When I was a young man of twenty, I thought I was a conservative.

I spouted the rhetoric "Why should my hard earned money go to support all those people on Welfare, who sit around and do nothing but buy cigarettes with my money."

My roomate said, "Would like to keep your life or go on welfare and do nothing?"

Well, obviously a life on welfare is not the life of Reilly(sp), so I guess I&#39;ll keep mine.

He then asked me whether I would prefer a system of welfare which was somewhat lax that allowed some who did not deserve aide to take advantage of the system or one which was so tight as to prevent exploitation, that certain truly needy people were excluded.

This would apply to disability as well.

How many ER visits have you logged? How many jobs have you lost related to this?

My sympathies that you somehow fall through the cracks, because your case is the very reason why we have these type of support programs in the society.

Seems we have the perfect sytem, both exploited by the undeserving and unavailable to the needy.

5 minute post home from lunch, just want to say "hope your feeling better", the rest may all be garbage, don&#39;t have time to edit.

longterm
04-24-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@23 April 2003 - 14:08

How many ER visits have you logged? How many jobs have you lost related to this?

Seems we have the perfect sytem, both exploited by the undeserving and unavailable to the needy.

75 ER visits. apprx.
75 jobs, minimum. ( I arrived at 75...3 or 4 years ago...I&#39;m way over that now.)

Most expensive ER visit? About &#036;33,000 for shoulder surgery @ UCLA Harbor.
Best paying job? About &#036;20,000, one year, about 15 years ago.

Average ER visit? Between &#036;4000 and &#036;6000.
Average job? Between &#036;3000 and &#036;7000.

I&#39;ll figure something out...I don&#39;t know what, though.
Right now it&#39;s too time consuming to type this with one hand.
I&#39;m taking a break from this forum for a few days or a week.

I thank those who were kind enough to reply to my stuff, and I promise, I&#39;ll try and be more positive in the future...but it&#39;s not always easy, and even when it is easy, it barely seems worth it.
And that&#39;s all I&#39;m asking for.
I just want it to be worth it.

j2k4
04-24-2003, 03:52 AM
Rest up and heal well, friend-we&#39;ll wait. :)