PDA

View Full Version : torrentspy mininova etc set to die :(

oxygenuk
10-24-2005, 05:47 PM
BREIN’s success in the Netherlands has been mixed when it comes to intellectual property rights enforcement. They were unable to successfully prosecute KaZaA BV, then owners of the FastTrack network. Their fortunes have changed though as more recently BREIN has succeeded in shutting down Dutch based eDonkey2000 indexing servers Releases4u and ShareConnector.

Looking to build on their success, BREIN is turning their sights on BitTorrent trackers. In a Dutch online news article, BREIN chairman Tim Kuik stated that his organization was going to start taking action against “dozens” of indexing sites.

It appears the pseudo-revival of SuprNova.org, under the guise of NewNova.org, has spurred this latest action. NewNova.org is a virtual carbon copy of the old “universal BitTorrent” listing site. Sloncek, the administrator of SuprNova.org sold the site’s code to a “friend” who in turn established the new site. Over the course of the last two weeks, the site has enjoyed growing popularity. This growing popularity appears to have irked BREIN.

With enforcement actions scheduled for next week, many BitTorrent indexing sites are considered potential targets. First and foremost, it appears NewNova.org will be BREIN’s primary objective. In addition TorrentSpy.com, Snarf-it.org, MiniNova.com, Demoniod.com and the smaller TripTorrent may also be under the gun. MiniNova.com may escape legal action. They are registered in the Netherlands; however this indexing site resides elsewhere.

While on the surface it appears many BitTorrent sites may be in danger, the news surrounding this event may be their savior. At least three BitTorrent tracking sites have already begun preparing for this attack by switching web hosts to locations outside the Netherlands. In essence, when BREIN does initiate their enforcement action, there may not be any BitTorrent indexing sites remaining in the Netherlands.

Tim Kuik, Director of BREIN, did not answer repeated requests for comment on this issue.

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=965

if this happens what comes next for us pirates?

will it to be downloading torrents from irc? or things from irc themself?

Peerzy
10-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Why not just use Newsgroups and FTP's :unsure:

oxygenuk
10-24-2005, 07:38 PM
aint got ng access
ftp is shit and/or slow

twisterX
10-24-2005, 09:31 PM
what the fuck is brien

vampiro
10-24-2005, 09:36 PM
brien = The Dutch Protection Rights Entertainment Industry Netherlands

suprafreak6
10-24-2005, 09:43 PM
man that sucks

muchspl3
10-25-2005, 02:23 AM
I hope they keep fucking with torrents sites as bad as that sounds...

ziggyjuarez
10-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Why not just use Newsgroups and FTP's :unsure:
dont have access to ng and dont have the money to pay for it.FTP...well you have any good ones to send me off to?:unsure:

thiago_
10-26-2005, 06:48 PM
too many leechs on this sites :/

jetje
10-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Brein never won a fight in court against downloaders!! It's a lot of wind and sound but little action.
The successes they claim are all against people selling software/movies etc. Providing software, movies music etc i.e. Uploading is illegal too.
Problem for them is that dl and copying music and movies isn't illegal in the Netherlands. Software has a different copyright for some reason and is illegal when you dl that...

Btw Brein is dutch for mind.

oxygenuk
10-27-2005, 02:58 PM
dont have access to ng and dont have the money to pay for it.FTP...well you have any good ones to send me off to?:unsure:
:happy:

snarler45
10-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Heard it all before:lol: if any sites are killed loads that are better usually take their place.

It is just tooo much fun sticking it to the man :naughty:

Peerzy
10-27-2005, 03:54 PM
aint got ng access
ftp is shit and/or slow

1) www.newshosting.com
2) Not sure what experience with FTP's you've had the ones i use can upload to me at about 12mb/s if i could download that fast.