PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 2

mike45450
10-26-2005, 01:44 PM
I think it's out in America now right? Has anyone got it yet? How is it?

Skiz
10-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Some sites say the 25th and some say the 28th. I was reading a comment on IGN last night that said he called around to Best Buy etc and they all said the 28th.

Plus, there's no torrents out yet. ;)

mike45450
10-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Ah i suppose. I can't freakin' wait for this game, the demo was awesome.

Skiz
10-26-2005, 04:16 PM
Just called GameStop to check. They'll have it in today when the shipment arrives in around 2 hours! (approx. 1:30pm) :w00t:

striffy the snowman
10-27-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm not buying it till I see how the multiplayer is like.

mike45450
10-27-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm not buying it till I see how the multiplayer is like.

One i know is that don't expect UO features, i.e.:

-No vehicles
-No sprinting
-No Panzers/flamethrowers/satchels/air strikes

No doubt they'll release an expansion pack to make more money :dry:

mike45450
10-27-2005, 07:40 PM
It's already out (in the US), people at other forums i visit have already played it

Samurai
10-27-2005, 09:37 PM
One i know is that don't expect UO features, i.e.:

-No vehicles
-No sprinting
-No Panzers/flamethrowers/satchels/air strikes

No doubt they'll release an expansion pack to make more money :dry:

that sucks. if it's true i'm going to pass on it i reckon.

Formula1
10-27-2005, 11:01 PM
W00t, its on TB right now, so much fucking games, so little space on hard drive.

http://nforce.nl/nfos/png-black/97458.png

asmithz
10-27-2005, 11:39 PM
W00t, its on TB right now, so much fucking games, so little space on hard drive.

http://nforce.nl/nfos/png-black/97458.png

It's Nuked for using loaders, It still works, but just pointing that out. LOL

Formula1
10-27-2005, 11:43 PM
wtf are Loaders, LOL... :lol: , no i'm serious, what are they?

asmithz
10-27-2005, 11:46 PM
wtf are Loaders, LOL... :lol: , no i'm serious, what are they?

Loaders are false workarounds that often don't allow a game/app to run at maximum capacty on the system its on, in other words not cracked.

Formula1
10-28-2005, 12:27 AM
oh well it isnt considered nuked on nforce.nl ...

Peerzy
10-28-2005, 12:28 AM
Its like when you go to play the game, the game mounts intself onto a loader like you would a clone version, it makes it look like its cracked but it causes some slow downs.

NUKE [ CALL OF DUTY 2 DEViANCE ] [ using.loaders.is.some.lame.and.not.allowed ]

UNNUKE [ CALL OF DUTY 2 DEViANCE ] [nigga.DEViANCE.is.allowed ]

NUKE [ CALL OF DUTY 2 DEViANCE ] [ loaders.arent ]

UNNUKE [ CALL OF DUTY 2 DEViANCE ] [ buy.the.game ]

NUKE [ CALL OF DUTY 2 DEViANCE ] [ loaders.are.lame.go.follow.hlm.dickhead ]

[UNNUKE][CALL.OF.DUTY.2-DEViANCE][game.is.still.working]

[NUKE][CALL.OF.DUTY.2-DEViANCE][loaders.are.lame.go.follow.hlm.dickhead]

[UNNUKE][CALL.OF.DUTY.2-DEViANCE][game.is.still.working]

[NUKE][CALL.OF.DUTY.2-DEViANCE][loaders.are.lame.go.follow.hlm.dickhead]

[UNNUKE][CALL.OF.DUTY.2-DEViANCE][still.allow]

[UNNUKE][CALL.OF.DUTY.2-DEViANCE][stfu]

[UNNUKE][CALL.OF.DUTY.2-DEViANCE][stfu.who.cares.it.works.DEViANCE.owns]

[NUKE][CALL.OF.DUTY.2-DEViANCE][not.cracked(loader.used.to.bypass.protection=more.memory.usage.than.required.and.may.result.in.timebombing)]

[UNNUKE][CALL.OF.DUTY.2-DEViANCE][get.more.mem.then]

[NUKE][CALL.OF.DUTY.2-DEViANCE][not.cracked(loader.used.to.bypass.protection%253Dmore.memory.usage.than.required.and.may.result.in.timebombing)

Peerzy
10-28-2005, 12:32 AM
oh well it isnt considered nuked on nforce.nl ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nforce doesn't nuke games.

It is nuked, NFORCE just hasn't updated yet however the game will still work fine but would take up maybe an extra 5MB of ram that the retail.

asmithz
10-28-2005, 01:54 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nforce doesn't nuke games.

It is nuked, NFORCE just hasn't updated yet however the game will still work fine but would take up maybe an extra 5MB of ram that the retail.

The people that update the nfo's on nforce don't have permission to nuke something. SO they have to go throgh the sitop of nforce to get it nuked. And its up to them if they think its worth nuking. They don't nuke enless the game will not work, or is stolen tools.

[UNNUKE][CALL.OF.DUTY.2-DEViANCE][get.more.mem.then]

Thats fucking hilarious

GepperRankins
10-28-2005, 01:54 AM
time bombing :rolleyes:

for 15 years i haven't quite got that :n00b:

Skiz
10-28-2005, 04:41 AM
Is it worth buying? Yes.

There are so many people dissing this game for some reason, I guess b/c it isn't exactly like UO? UO uses a graphics engine that's around 6 years old now. Why would you want a game that looks like that again? What would be the point in a new game? Remember, this isn't an expansion pack, it's a new game!

The graphics in this game are simply amazing. They'll render you speechless. Even the remakes of some of the original maps are very nice such as Brecourt. Dawnville (now called St. Mere Eglise) has been redone almost to the point that it's a different map, but again, the graphics are AMAZING in this map.

Some other things that you'll notice as someone else stated, are a few new weapons. The "Grease Gun", which I like, and the "Trench Gun" (which has ALREADY become the new n00b gun). The recoil has been reduced it seems as well. All of this stuff will just take a bit of getting used to. I remember when I upgraded to UO, I hated the sprint function, now I can't live without it.

Now the downside in my opinion isn't as much with the game, but it's creators. Expansion packs are a way to ad to the game, certain features that can't quite be added with a patch. They are improvements and features which they have decide to add based on public feedback and internal ideas. My gripe is that they have decided not to include the sprint function OR allow players to cook nades. If you all remember, this was an addition in the UO pack in the original CoD. The ONLY reason they have decided not to include it in this version is b/c they KNOW that if they release those features in an expansion, then the expansion sales will be just as high as the game sales. Mark my words, the expansion pack for CoD2 will include sprint and nade cooking.

I think they have left out too many options though! From looking at UO, this is where we stand on things left out:

No ranking system
No multiplayer arty
No satchels
No panzershreks/panzerfauts/bazookas
No sprint
No nade cooking
No vehicles

The combination of all these things being taken out ofthe game, takes the life out of the game imo. And the fact that I can't cycle my nades and smoke together with my weapons is stupid as well. When in battle, who wants to look down to hunt for the "G" button to throw a nade?

Also, there are very few game types. Ive been playing TDM and S&D because I think the new HQ is stupid. I simply won't waste my time with it.

Anyhow, that's just my 2¢

mike45450
10-28-2005, 04:32 PM
There might be a 'player-made patch' for cookable nades, i have one for the demo.

maebach
10-28-2005, 09:10 PM
UNNUKE [ CALL OF DUTY 2 DEViANCE ] [nigga.DEViANCE.is.allowed ]

:O :O :O

silent h3ro
10-29-2005, 12:12 AM
Is it worth buying? Yes.

There are so many people dissing this game for some reason, I guess b/c it isn't exactly like UO? UO uses a graphics engine that's around 6 years old now. Why would you want a game that looks like that again? What would be the point in a new game? Remember, this isn't an expansion pack, it's a new game!

The graphics in this game are simply amazing. They'll render you speechless. Even the remakes of some of the original maps are very nice such as Brecourt. Dawnville (now called St. Mere Eglise) has been redone almost to the point that it's a different map, but again, the graphics are AMAZING in this map.

Some other things that you'll notice as someone else stated, are a few new weapons. The "Grease Gun", which I like, and the "Trench Gun" (which has ALREADY become the new n00b gun). The recoil has been reduced it seems as well. All of this stuff will just take a bit of getting used to. I remember when I upgraded to UO, I hated the sprint function, now I can't live without it.

Now the downside in my opinion isn't as much with the game, but it's creators. Expansion packs are a way to ad to the game, certain features that can't quite be added with a patch. They are improvements and features which they have decide to add based on public feedback and internal ideas. My gripe is that they have decided not to include the sprint function OR allow players to cook nades. If you all remember, this was an addition in the UO pack in the original CoD. The ONLY reason they have decided not to include it in this version is b/c they KNOW that if they release those features in an expansion, then the expansion sales will be just as high as the game sales. Mark my words, the expansion pack for CoD2 will include sprint and nade cooking.

I think they have left out too many options though! From looking at UO, this is where we stand on things left out:

No ranking system
No multiplayer arty
No satchels
No sprint
No nade cooking
No vehicles

The combination of all these things being taken out ofthe game, takes the life out of the game imo. And the fact that I can't cycle my nades and smoke together with my weapons is stupid as well. When in battle, who wants to look down to hunt for the "G" button to throw a nade?

Also, there are very few game types. Ive been playing TDM and S&D because I think the new HQ is stupid. I simply won't waste my time with it.

Anyhow, that's just my 2¢lol, you should review COD2 on gamespot.com. I don't think I want to buy this until the expansion is released. Until then... BF2. :01:

Formula1
10-29-2005, 12:35 AM
what are the system requirements for this game?

silent h3ro
10-29-2005, 02:26 AM
what are the system requirements for this game?

Quick google search. :frusty:

Minimum Requirements

1, 4 GHz Prozessor (Celeron / Duron)

512 MB RAM

ATi Radeon 9200 / GeForce 4

Optimum Requirements

2, 5 GHz Prozessor (Athlon XP / Pentium 4)

1 GB RAM

ATi Radeon 9800XT / GeForce FX 5900

Btw, awesome quote in ur sig. :happy:

Guyver
10-29-2005, 02:34 AM
just got around to playing it...amazing, the movement of the people are gr8, the facial expressions and voices are awsome.

and it runs beautifully with everything maxed with 4xAA :D

Formula1
10-29-2005, 02:58 AM
Quick google search. :frusty:

Minimum Requirements

1, 4 GHz Prozessor (Celeron / Duron)

512 MB RAM

ATi Radeon 9200 / GeForce 4

Optimum Requirements

2, 5 GHz Prozessor (Athlon XP / Pentium 4)

1 GB RAM

ATi Radeon 9800XT / GeForce FX 5900

Btw, awesome quote in ur sig. :happy:

Alright, thanks alot, appreciate it, :D
I should try and order another 512mb stick sooner or later...

Guyver
10-29-2005, 03:04 AM
i have a 2,0 ghz pc witrh 512mb of ram

and a 9600 and the game runs smooth on everything maxed....4xaa

Skiz
10-29-2005, 06:08 AM
For some reason I could never run CoD:UO with all the graphics set to 'Extra', but I can run CoD2 with all the graphics settings turned all the way up. Strange.

ps - I have an AMD 2100+, 1024 RAM, geforce 4600ti

Formula1
10-29-2005, 07:21 AM

thanks for the heads up, appreciate that. I'll begin to download it from TB right now on BT.

Guyver
10-29-2005, 07:43 AM
ya np, its an amazing game

mike45450
10-29-2005, 11:24 AM

Wow...DirectX 9 or 7 mode?

BawA
10-29-2005, 04:53 PM
thier is no game that can compare to COD2(offcorse WWII category).
it runs on my pc like charm, 1.8PIV 870Mb ram on 1024X768.
and some say BIA is great.

Samurai
10-29-2005, 05:32 PM
Is it worth buying? Yes.

No ranking system
No multiplayer arty
No satchels
No sprint
No nade cooking
No vehicles

Anyhow, that's just my 2¢

It's for these very reasons I'm not even gonna bother downloading it, let alone buy it. It doesn't deserve even the time IMO.

One of the best things about UO is the fact you can use the scroll wheel to switch weapons. Taking this, and many other important things out (artillery, satchels, nade cooking) is just pure stupidity.

I'm passing until either they release a patch, or go to hell. Whichever comes first.

Guyver
10-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Wow...DirectX 9 or 7 mode?

yeh i was suprised to lol, im using dx9 mode, and when i tryed dx9 mode on the demo my pc crashed lol, now it werks perfect, heres a screen, man this game is beautiful! lolz
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/3693/untitled10ah.th.jpg (http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled10ah.jpg)

Skiz
10-29-2005, 10:40 PM
It's for these very reasons I'm not even gonna bother downloading it, let alone buy it. It doesn't deserve even the time IMO.

One of the best things about UO is the fact you can use the scroll wheel to switch weapons. Taking this, and many other important things out (artillery, satchels, nade cooking) is just pure stupidity.

I'm passing until either they release a patch, or go to hell. Whichever comes first.

You should play it for the single player at least, I just really hate the multiplayer, and no playworthy multiplayer in CoD really tuins the game as a whole. Definitrly not a good followup.

Samurai
10-30-2005, 12:30 AM
I really only buy these games FOR the multiplayer. By eliminating all of the features that made this game great they've shot themselves in the foot. It must really say something to not even want to download it doesn't it?

I wonder what the sales are like, and how many get returned :(

Guyver
10-30-2005, 01:08 AM
I really only buy these games FOR the multiplayer. By eliminating all of the features that made this game great they've shot themselves in the foot. It must really say something to not even want to download it doesn't it?

I wonder what the sales are like, and how many get returned :(

none will get retrurned its a gr8 ggame :P

silent h3ro
10-30-2005, 02:45 AM
I really only buy these games FOR the multiplayer. Yea same here. It has to be GOOD multiplayer tho. Like CS:S, BF2, or DOD:S.

Peerzy
10-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Call.of.Duty.2.PRiVATE.SERVER.PATCH-iND

abu_has_the_power
10-31-2005, 01:22 PM
i'm having this problem. the game would load, and then, after i move my mouse, everything turns black. all the textures turn black. and if i try restarting the game, everything is black. wtf?? this just started happening too. it worked fine a few days ago

Skiz
10-31-2005, 02:59 PM
i'm having this problem. the game would load, and then, after i move my mouse, everything turns black. all the textures turn black. and if i try restarting the game, everything is black. wtf?? this just started happening too. it worked fine a few days ago

Did you buy it or download it?

abu_has_the_power
11-01-2005, 12:06 AM
downloaded

mike45450
11-01-2005, 12:28 AM
Tried it in DirectX7 mode? The demo didn't work in DX9 for me so i had to enable DX7 mode. Probably doesn't look as nice, but i'm not too bothered.

abu_has_the_power
11-01-2005, 12:55 AM
thing is it works fine before. when this happens, it starts fine. then, after i move my mouse, the whole thing freezes for a second. and then, all the light textures turn dark. character models are still visible, but all the other textures are black. wat's weird is that i can still move around and shoot, but everything is black.

EDIT: i just updated to Omega Drivers Catalyst 5.10a from ATI's Catalyst 5.8 for my 9800pro. let's hope this fixes the problem. give y'all an update l8er

maebach
11-01-2005, 04:12 PM
please update, I too have a 9800 and would like to know if the driver works.

abu_has_the_power
11-01-2005, 10:41 PM
ok. this definitely fixed my problem. it also fixed this weird problem with my computer not booting sometimes. wow! ati drivers suck!!! go with omega drivers all the way

mike45450
11-01-2005, 11:06 PM
I think i'm gonna try them, my fucking PC always freezes while playing games, pisses me off.

abu_has_the_power
11-01-2005, 11:18 PM
omega drivers are known for tweaking the ati driver to be much more stable. i used to use them, but they caused problems with farcry. i installed ati's driver, and it still causes problems, and i never bothered to go back to omega. i'm sticking with omega from now on

dolev
11-02-2005, 11:09 AM
very nice game nice graphic but a very short game!
i thought the game will be much longer...
i finished the game who i waiting for him long time, in only 3 days!:blink: :blink:

Formula1
11-04-2005, 12:26 AM
I started playing this game yesterday, and i've got to say ,this is one hell of a game. Much better than BiA: EiB . BiA 2 just seemed to try and combine fps with rts, which made the game not so interesting. Anyway i've only gotten through the first 4 or so levels in CoD 2 and well this game has a wonderful presentation .

Guyver
11-04-2005, 02:08 AM
omega drivers are known for tweaking the ati driver to be much more stable. i used to use them, but they caused problems with farcry. i installed ati's driver, and it still causes problems, and i never bothered to go back to omega. i'm sticking with omega from now on

o i havnt used omegas in ages, i think ill give them a try again :D

silent h3ro
11-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Last time I tried Omega drivers, they fucked Doom 3 up for me plus it seemed like a slightly lower framerate. Can't trust Omega now. :dry:

Formula1
11-04-2005, 03:04 PM
i use omega drivers so i can overclock lol. What video card do you have Gameguy?

silent h3ro
11-04-2005, 09:26 PM
I have a 6600gt but last time I tried to overclock, I had a 5700 ultra.

Formula1
11-04-2005, 09:56 PM
cool. thats a pretty good card to oc.