PDA

View Full Version : Ac3 Error

oldmancan
04-17-2003, 04:48 PM
Looking for quick fix, any advice.
Got an avi file that has AC3 audio. Used VirtualDub (v1.5.1) to extract audio as a AC3 file. When I attempt to use HeadAC3he (v0.23a) to convert the AC3 file to wav I get an error message after about 30 sec of processing. I've retried from source file several times. I have successfully done several other conversions today using same software. I'm running WinME.
I'm very new to whole VCD thing and use of these proggies. I would appreciate any advice. I'm trying to search for more info but thought some one just might be able to save me some hours. Can I edit around the bad frame? Should I give up on the source file and try to find another copy?
btw the screenshot colors are due to changing file ext from bmp to gif (someone commented last time I posted a screenshot). ;)
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=2217772&ext=.jpg

m8t
05-12-2003, 03:02 PM
:D
in case you are still trying, Cool Edit Pro 2.1 now has AC3 encoder that would do a far better job than freeware.
i have'nt done this job myself, but Cool Edit 2.1 in multi session can encode many formats
regards
m8t :D

callum
05-12-2003, 03:37 PM
I've been using virtualdub. I have cooledit pro anyone know which is quickest for extracting audio to wav.