PDA

View Full Version : Opera NZB Problem

Samurai
10-29-2005, 04:04 AM
A few sites I go to, offering NZB's (including FST), only download as .xml instead of NZB. Apparently this problem is really common with Opera / FF users but it seems there is no fix ofr it. It's really annoying me now.

I've already put in a new MIME type in Opera, i.e application/octet-stream for NZB's but it's no use. I can't remove XML from the list as it's embedded in Opera's settings.

Does anyone know a fix for this, as the only thing I can do right now is to copy/paste URL's and download them in IE :sick:

Frustrated Sam:ph34r:

Samurai
10-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Anyone? :(

dumdum
10-29-2005, 02:48 PM
are you saying that you can only get xml's on this site with opera? cause i'm having no problem on this site with opera.

the only site i get xml's all the time is binsearch.info

the only fix i use is to rename them to nzb.

Samurai
10-29-2005, 02:56 PM
That's correct. It's not just this site but others which offer NZB's as they are. NZB Zone seems to work fine, but I believe this is due to the way the admin on their site have coded the scripts. I believe they're zipped up automatically (GZIP) or something but I don't have a problem with them.

As for changing the extension, it's all well and good doing it the first two or three times, but I can't be expected to do this forever, and would like to know what I'm missing.

If you're seriously having no problems, I'm contemplating reinstallation to see if that fixes it, but obv that is a last resort.

dumdum
10-29-2005, 03:18 PM
no probs w/Opera 8.5 whatsoever except for binsearch.info

good luck man:)

callum
10-30-2005, 09:26 PM
I've already put in a new MIME type in Opera, i.e application/octet-stream for NZB's but it's no use. I can't remove XML from the list as it's embedded in Opera's settings.

In the file extensions for text/xml add nzb, so it says xml,nzb
I've only tried it on http://binsearch.net/, works fine for me.

dumdum
11-04-2005, 03:03 PM
In the file extensions for text/xml add nzb, so it says xml,nzb
I've only tried it on http://binsearch.net/, works fine for me.

that solves my problem, thx a lot.

Samurai
11-04-2005, 06:33 PM
yup well i did the above too and didn't solve my problem :(

callum
11-05-2005, 02:22 PM
removing xml from the file extentions for text/xml might work.