PDA

View Full Version : Ignore list option?

Skiz
10-29-2005, 10:56 PM
As we all know, when viewing a thread, you can click on a members name and get several options such as sending a PM or adding them to your buddy list. Can we get an option there that adds them to our ignore list?

tesco
10-30-2005, 02:33 AM
Yes we could but are you really adding people to your ignore list that often?

Samurai
10-30-2005, 02:35 AM
Who are you replying to rossco?

tesco
10-30-2005, 02:36 AM
Who are you replying to rossco?
There's only 1 post...:blink:

Filliz
10-30-2005, 03:24 AM
LoL :lol:

I'm sorry...useless post:(

Skiz
10-30-2005, 09:18 AM

Yes. Don't piss me off if you wanna stay off it.:dry:

DorisInsinuate
10-30-2005, 10:08 AM
I just added Skizo

enoughfakefiles
10-30-2005, 11:56 AM
I just added Skizo

Pretty soon skizo will only see his own posts.:lol:

Cheese
10-30-2005, 12:21 PM
We should have a function that stops stop you choose from reading your posts.

Barbarossa
10-31-2005, 09:15 AM

Yes. Don't piss me off if you wanna stay off it.:dry:

Why should I care? You post like you don't read anyone else's posts anyway, how are we going to tell? :frusty:

Skiz
10-31-2005, 10:19 AM
First, are you an admin? No? Then I wasn't talking to you. Secondly, where the fuck is this coming from? Did I ignore some of your babble somewhere?

You post like you don't read anyone else's posts anyway, how are we going to tell?

Barbarossa
10-31-2005, 10:43 AM
First, are you an admin? No? Then I wasn't talking to you. Secondly, where the fuck is this coming from? Did I ignore some of your babble somewhere?

:lol:

Yes. Don't piss me off if you wanna stay off it.

I assumed this was a joke. My bad if you actually really WERE threatening to ignore people. :wacko:

RealitY
10-31-2005, 06:36 PM
It would seem this could be done although I see no reason to have it...

tesco
10-31-2005, 06:37 PM
It would seem this could be done although I see no reason to have it...
Exactly.

Skiz
10-31-2005, 06:47 PM
Ease of use. ;)

We have the buddylist option and who uses that? :huh:

tesco
10-31-2005, 06:49 PM
Ease of use. ;)

It'seasier to sjust leave that as it's already there, it could be removed easier than making an ignorelist option.

RealitY
10-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Ease of use. ;)

Maybe although the point I think of the dropdown is to have the most used options which I dont think this is...

zedaxax
10-31-2005, 08:19 PM
to ignore is arrogant

Skiz
10-31-2005, 09:53 PM
What'd he say?:P

I just wanted to block Yogi's new profile, but when I went to the appropriate screen to type the name, I couldn't remember if it was 'they're' or 'they've'. I had to go find the topic again. Once I found it I of course had to go back AGAIN and type the name. I just thought this would be easier. I didn't know everyone was gonna think I was just being a dick and wanting to ignore everyone...sheesh, lighten up guys.

peat moss
11-01-2005, 01:47 AM
The only time I put someone on ignore it lasted a day, it was pissing me off I thought I might be missing something . ;)

tesco
11-01-2005, 01:52 AM
The only time I put someone on ignore it lasted a day, it was pissing me off I thought I might be missing something . ;)
:lol: I'd feel the same...wondering what kind of stupid things they were saying.:P

Virtualbody1234
11-01-2005, 02:14 AM
Are there any statistics that show who is the most blocked user?

tesco
11-01-2005, 02:15 AM
Gonna find out :01:

OK there are 4 people with 3 people ignoring them...i wont say who though because it's mean.;)

enoughfakefiles
11-01-2005, 07:11 PM

OK there are 4 people with 3 people ignoring them...i wont say who though because it's mean.;)

It's meaner not to tell us.:snooty:

JPaul
11-01-2005, 08:13 PM

Anyone we would know.

tesco
11-01-2005, 08:50 PM

Anyone we would know.
Well, i know all of them...one of them is even on my ignore list... :P

RealitY
11-01-2005, 08:56 PM
I think he was making a joke though its hard to say even with the smiley...

ziggyjuarez
11-02-2005, 01:36 AM

Anyone we would know.
The list is shocking.Two people you would expect then two you would not.:O shocking

Cheese
11-05-2005, 12:15 PM
What'd he say?:P

I just wanted to block Yogi's new profile, but when I went to the appropriate screen to type the name, I couldn't remember if it was 'they're' or 'they've'. I had to go find the topic again. Once I found it I of course had to go back AGAIN and type the name. I just thought this would be easier. I didn't know everyone was gonna think I was just being a dick and wanting to ignore everyone...sheesh, lighten up guys.
Why do it like that though?

Just click on their username and a profile page will open up and on the right-hand side is an option to "Add Skizo to Your Ignore List (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=89789)". Not as simple as what you are proposing but a lot less complicated than the way you have been doing it...

No offence dude, but how long have you been using the internet? You come across as such a n00b sometimes. No offence.

Skiz
11-05-2005, 01:30 PM
I am a noob. I don't spend alot of of time on the internet or even computers in general. Big deal, I have a life and I don't find the web to be that interesting. I spend about half my day doing imaging on a computer at work, so the last thing I want to do typically when I get home is jump on the PC. The amount of time you see me on this forum about every other day is just about all the non-productive time I spend on the internet at all. I don't spend a whole lot of time "surfing" the internet. I'm an outdoorsman. I was born and raised in a town of just over 7,000 people in southeast Texas. There's nothing I can do indoors that can hold a candle to anything I can do outdoors. In about 1 hour I'm headed to DKR Texas Memorial Stadium to begin tailgating at the Texas Longhorns game (GO HORNS :01: ). In 2 weeks I'm going on a three day elk hunting trip in the Gila Mtns, and I fish every free moment I have. So yes, with computers, I guess I am a bit of a noob. Aren't most people? :ermm:

manker
11-05-2005, 01:33 PM
What a horrible word-brick.

Skizo, I thought you had Cheese on ignore.

Skiz
11-05-2005, 01:42 PM
What a horrible word-brick.

Skizo, I thought you had Cheese on ignore.

No idea what a word-brick is. :huh:

I had Cheese on ignore until a month or two ago. I don't remember what it was that made me remove her, but it was some topic in the Drawing Room. I just haven't been bothered to put her back. ;)

I gotta get ready and head to the game. Continue your insults and perhaps I'll read them after the weekend. ;)

Cheese
11-05-2005, 02:03 PM
I had Cheese on ignore until a month or two ago. I don't remember what it was that made me remove her, but it was some topic in the Drawing Room. I just haven't been bothered to put her back. ;)

I hardly post in the Boring Tomb...:blink:

Anyhow, please add me back onto your ignore list as I want to be the most ignored person on the forum.