PDA

View Full Version : Burnt XBOX Games Questions

JunkBarMan
10-30-2005, 02:34 AM
Is the only way to play burned XBOX games it to mod my XBOX?

Also what type of media do I need to use for the best results?

silent h3ro
10-30-2005, 02:42 AM
Most cds work in ur Xbox if u have the newer drives (not thompson).

You can also soft mod ur box...

JunkBarMan
10-30-2005, 02:56 AM
I think I have the Thompson :(

So I just dl'ed the Warriors game and that's like 4gb so when I burnt it to a dvd-r disk it didn't work in the XBOX, how do I make this work then?

silent h3ro
10-30-2005, 02:58 AM
Is ur box modded?

Btw, I have Warriors on my Xbox hdd and its a really great game. :) Not trying to rub it in, lol.

suprafreak6
10-30-2005, 03:37 AM
hahah i heard some people are having problems burning that game, like gam3guy up here said is ur xbox modded? and make sure you burnt it correctly, i suggest hdd, 200 gig rocks

gam3guy ilike ur sig

JunkBarMan
10-30-2005, 03:58 AM
No, it's not modded. I was thinking about soft modding it, but if I can't use burnt games then I wasn't going to do it.

As far as the Warriors game, it was an .iso file so it was a no brainer on burning it through Nero, unless there is some process that I am not aware of that I need to do especially for burning XBOX games?

silent h3ro
10-30-2005, 05:20 AM
gam3guy ilike ur sig

Thanks. :)

@JunkBarMan - Get a mod chip from here: http://www.modchipstore.com/. Theres a link to this site in FST too. :P

Peerzy
10-30-2005, 01:38 PM
http://affiliates.modchipstore.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=734

Use that link, it gets FST money. A soft-mod will left you do everything a hardware mod will and no soldering. There's a guide in the guide section. Also www.xbox-scene.com is very helpful.

macman120
10-31-2005, 10:45 PM
I have a softmodded xbox and YES you can play burnt games.
It is best to burn the ISO at 2x using Nero Burning Rom.
For all your XBOX needs visit http://www.xbox-hq.com, you will need either the original Splinter Cell, Mech Assult or 007. Softmod Installer Deluxe and Auto Installer Deluxe with either a memory card and USB cable or an FTP link to your XBOX.
If you need anymore help, please do not hesitate to ask.

MacMan

top25
11-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Why softmod when you can just put a chip in your Xbox?Why ftp when you waste your DVD burning the game to play on the Xbox and you have to buy a router then (AR) to ftp,putting a nice chip in there for like $70 seems like the better way the best one may cost that much.

SingaBoiy
11-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Why softmod when you can just put a chip in your Xbox?Why ftp when you waste your DVD burning the game to play on the Xbox and you have to buy a router then (AR) to ftp,putting a nice chip in there for like $70 seems like the better way the best one may cost that much.
Why soft-mod? Cause you dont break the warranty sticker, dont have to solder, only have to spend $30-40.

Why FTP? Discs cost money, playing from the harddrive has nearly no load times. And you dont need a router.

Soft-modding has no dis-advantages. Plus you can remove it and put it back on with ease.

macman120
11-01-2005, 11:56 AM
There is your answer, the only reason i Softmodded id because i couldnt afford a mod chip, but when i get th emoney i will buy a solderless chip for my XBOX

top25
11-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Why soft-mod? Cause you dont break the warranty sticker, dont have to solder, only have to spend $30-40.

Why FTP? Discs cost money, playing from the harddrive has nearly no load times. And you dont need a router.

Soft-modding has no dis-advantages. Plus you can remove it and put it back on with ease.

I see your point m8.I will get a chip though that guide is mad long and a hardrive hmm,ill just buy my 100 pack dvdrs for 19.99.There cheap but when burned at slow speed they come out good.ps. how can i tell if i have a Thompson drive or not?