PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy speakers with Paypal?

imasoldier
11-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Is there any websites out there to buy speakers and they accept paypal? I know newegg has speakers but they are only computer speakers. I want some new speakers for my sterio.

n18
11-03-2005, 12:51 AM
Borrow someones' credit card. Otherwise i can only think of ebay.
If u get a CC sometimes Outpost.com has deals on Polk speakers which are pretty damned good for the prices.

Virtualbody1234
11-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Can't you go to a store to buy stereo speakers?

clocker
11-03-2005, 01:16 AM
Oh VB, you are soootwentieth century.
Why would one want to actually listen to the speakers before purchasing?
No excitement there,eh?

Virtualbody1234
11-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Oh VB, you are soootwentieth century.
Why would one want to actually listen to the speakers before purchasing?
No excitement there,eh?
Oh well... I see that some people still buy speakers based on appearance or specs instead of the way they sound. Oh well... To each their own.

Spicker
11-03-2005, 01:52 AM
Is there any websites out there to buy speakers and they accept paypal? I know newegg has speakers but they are only computer speakers. I want some new speakers for my sterio.
www.ebay.com

JunkBarMan
11-03-2005, 01:19 PM

You should get the Paypal debit card, works just like your check cashing card, or a credit card. Plus you get like 1% back on every purchase. I use mine all the time. You may have to upgrade your account, not sure.

zaphodiv
11-04-2005, 07:01 AM
Leaving money in a paypal account for longer than necessasary is a bad idea.

JunkBarMan
11-05-2005, 05:04 AM
Leaving money in a paypal account for longer than necessasary is a bad idea.

Why? If you change your account to a money market account, it will actually gain about 3% interest. Better then a savings account at your local bank.

Edit: the current rate is actually 3.89%. Not bad for a savings account, that's almost as good as a CD.

zaphodiv
11-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Because they are not regulated. They can decide to keep your money and you have no effective recourse.

Last year they settled a class action lawsuit by agreeing to return $5.1 million of their customers money that they had decided to keep and pay $9.25million in settlement without admitting liability.

http://www.settlement4onlinepayments.com/settlement.pdf

matt526
11-08-2005, 03:07 PM
If you goto PayPal.com (http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_shop-ext) they have a long list of stores that use PayPal