PDA

View Full Version : Best file sharing thingie?

SpatulaGeekGirl
11-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Don't move this. Just tell me what's better than kazaa lite, because it's not working. EMule or something? (*wants manker, JPaul or someone else trustworthy to reply*) :happy: Please?

Proper Bo
11-04-2005, 06:54 PM
I use eMule for more rare stuff, am I trustworthy enough?

manker
11-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Trustworthy :happy:

Emule is pretty good for more or less everything but is really slow compared to BitTorrent. I'd start using that, if I was you.

http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/ to download a BT client.
http://www.torrentspy.com a public site with loads of stuff to download on it.

Btw, if you're looking for obscure jap-tranny pop then, like Bo said, Emule would be better.

ziggyjuarez
11-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Limewire for single mp3.eDonkey2000 for very rare albums/movies.Bitorrent for everything else.

SpatulaGeekGirl
11-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Trustworthy :happy:

Emule is pretty good for more or less everything but is really slow compared to BitTorrent. I'd start using that, if I was you.

http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/ to download a BT client.
http://www.torrentspy.com a public site with loads of stuff to download on it.

Btw, if you're looking for obscure jap-tranny pop then, like Bo said, Emule would be better.

Thanks and DAMN YOU IT'S NOT POP!! :fist:

manker
11-04-2005, 07:05 PM
:lol: :rod:

Proper Bo
11-04-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm just bemused by the fact she thinks you're trustworthy:huh:

ziggyjuarez
11-04-2005, 07:08 PM
you can take mankers advice and catch one girl

manker
11-04-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm just bemused by the fact she thinks you're trustworthy:huh:Doesn't everyone :huh:

Edit: Not sure what ziggy means :unsure:

JPaul
11-04-2005, 07:11 PM
BitTorrent is good. Usenet is also good. Those are all I use just now. It really depends what you are looking for.

If your ISP does not provide a free Newsserver then you will have to pay to use Usenet. However if it does then I would certainly give that a bash, in addition to BitTorrent. The Usenet speeds are awesome and you don't have to worry about ratios (upload v download) like you do with BitTorrent. There is a very good guide in the Newsgroups section.

If you let us know what type of thing you are looking for then the chaps might be able to give you more specific advice.

Me = Trustworthy :01:

GepperRankins
11-04-2005, 07:25 PM
thepiratebay.org :dabs:

Gripper
11-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Shareaza is also good if i'm trust worthless enuff,but torrents is deff the way to go girl..Shiny

Mathea
11-04-2005, 11:59 PM
torrents. def torrents. Though I also use mIRC for getting movies and tv eps cuz they are very fast if you find a good bot.

Mathea
11-05-2005, 12:00 AM
oh and I guess you can get a ton of anime too if you're into that... dunno if its just their music you're into or what, but there's some major anime servers that can be found on rizon.

Santa
11-05-2005, 12:21 AM
I prefer Shareaza - but use it with Netlimiter for cpu space
i prefer gambling than searching torrent

Mathea
11-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Inquiring minds wanna know, what did you opt for?
If it isn't a torrent program then we don't really wanna know, cuz it's the wrong choice. :D

brotherdoobie
11-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Inquiring minds wanna know, what did you opt for?
If it isn't a torrent program then we don't really wanna know, cuz it's the wrong choice. :D

Meh...Usenet>torrents

Peace bd

Gripper
11-05-2005, 08:43 AM
usenet seems cool but I need someone to show me how to do that,I can't figure it out.
Don't you have to pay for hosting or something,I think SGG was going for the free option,could be wrong and frequently am:)

Biggles
11-05-2005, 12:20 PM
She talked me into forking out £25 for a lifetime membership to something. The package appears to be called Limeware.

I have tried it and it works very well - it also seems to have her strange Japanese stuff - however, £25 was a surprise (or am I just being mean) :shifty:

Guillaume
11-05-2005, 12:22 PM
She talked me into forking out £25 for a lifetime membership to something. The package appears to be called Limeware.

I have tried it and it works very well - it also seems to have her strange Japanese stuff - however, £25 was a surprise (or am I just being mean) :shifty:
Isn't Limewire supposed to be free?

In the same manner that K-Lite was? :unsure:

Proper Bo
11-05-2005, 12:22 PM
you payed for filesharing?

get out.....

manker
11-05-2005, 12:25 PM

/ban

/delete

FFS, a Scot! Paying for something that is free!

Biggles
11-05-2005, 12:29 PM

No idea, I appeared to have paid for membership of something (not the actual file sharing) - no idea what though. It also included some package for viewing all movie codecs which if I think I had spotted in time would have reduced the price considerably. The membership site appears to have other filesharing software too plus ICQ software and goodness knows what else.

Edit - just had a look at the site again and it has mountains of stuff including the Bit Torrent (of which people speak) SGG found the site and harrassed me into joining :dry: while I was busy with other things.

manker
11-05-2005, 12:33 PM

No idea, I appeared to have paid for membership of something (not the actual file sharing) - no idea what though. It also included some package for viewing all movie codecs which if I think I had spotted in time would have reduced the price considerably. The membership site appears to have other filesharing software too plus ICQ software and goodness knows what else.All software available for free with links from any decent filesharing forum.

You've been had :dabs:

Biggles
11-05-2005, 12:34 PM
No idea, I appeared to have paid for membership of something (not the actual file sharing) - no idea what though. It also included some package for viewing all movie codecs which if I think I had spotted in time would have reduced the price considerably. The membership site appears to have other filesharing software too plus ICQ software and goodness knows what else.All software available for free with links from any decent filesharing forum.

You've been had :dabs:

Very Probably

This is serious - I may have my Scottish passport revoked. :ph34r:

Proper Bo
11-05-2005, 12:36 PM
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6740/untitled6qj1.jpg

manker
11-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Btw, you should keep an eye on your credit card, or whatever you paid with.

The type of people who charge for free software aren't always as reputable as you might think regarding confidentiality of your banking details.

Biggles
11-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Btw, you should keep an eye on your credit card, or whatever you paid with.

The type of people who charge for free software aren't always as reputable as you might think regarding confidentiality of your banking details.

I have had more time to look over the site and to be fair to them they do say that the software is available free elsewhere. I appear to have joined some sort of music sharing club with technical support that guarantees to provide all the latest updates and bug fixes plus music news and movie stuff and goodness knows what else.

All a bit of overkill really for what was needed. :ermm:

I shall keep an eye on my credit card.

Proper Bo
11-05-2005, 12:49 PM
I appear to have joined some sort of music sharing club with technical support that guarantees to provide all the latest updates and bug fixes plus music news and movie stuff and goodness knows what else.

I'm sure I know somewhere like that...

Biggles
11-05-2005, 12:53 PM
I appear to have joined some sort of music sharing club with technical support that guarantees to provide all the latest updates and bug fixes plus music news and movie stuff and goodness knows what else.

I'm sure I know somewhere like that...

"Sigh" :ermm:

manker
11-05-2005, 12:59 PM
I keep looking at this thread and chuckling but haven't posted to that effect because Biggles is such a nice chap, it's funny because he is usually particularly intelligent about stuff.

I am glagging at the moment, however. Sorry :schnauz:

Proper Bo
11-05-2005, 01:01 PM
me too:glag:

Biggles
11-05-2005, 01:07 PM
I keep looking at this thread and chuckling but haven't posted to that effect because Biggles is such a nice chap, it's funny because he is usually particularly intelligent about stuff.

I am glagging at the moment, however. Sorry :schnauz:

I was trying to cook dinner at the same time as being harrassed by SGG. Somewhat out of character I agreed and sat down and rushed through the process. :ermm: It will not happen again.

Proper Bo
11-05-2005, 01:10 PM
well, its only £25. You just want to hope tey dont try and rip you some more

manker
11-05-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm sure* it will never be mentioned again.

* Maybe I've used 'sure' in an entirely specious manner.

Biggles
11-05-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm sure* it will never be mentioned again.

* Maybe I've used 'sure' in an entirely specious manner.

Ahh! - if only I could join you in that certainty :frusty:

Gripper
11-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Biggles has either just pulled off a terrific rod or just been pulled off:)

JPaul
11-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Les is not famed for his rodding, however I hope this is one. Otherwise he has paid £25 to interweb conmen.

However, if the young fella gets the muzak she wants and all is happy in Chez Les, then what harm is done. Other than a tarnishing of the geputation of McBannockburns everywhere.

Les, don't buy anything on the interweb ever again, without asking an adult first.

Gripper
11-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Put him on moderation thats what I say,and make SGG cook her own tea.

SpatulaGeekGirl
11-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Les is not famed for his rodding, however I hope this is one. Otherwise he has paid £25 to interweb conmen.

However, if the young fella gets the muzak she wants and all is happy in Chez Les, then what harm is done. Other than a tarnishing of the geputation of McBannockburns everywhere.

Les, don't buy anything on the interweb ever again, without asking an adult first.
EDIT: SGG appears to have logged on. Pants! I think is the appropriate word here. Perhaps that should be don't go near teh interweb unless an adult is available.

I am normally as tight as the Duck's proverbial too. :(

Never be bounced into an internet purchase whilst trying to cook chops and a pepper sauce - it is damned tricky. :frusty:

However, the package does work an absolute treat (even downloaded a oldies from it myself) and SGG seems very happy. I may even avail myself of their numerous other software bits and bobs my "contribution" appears to have given me access to (if I can work out what they are for).

JPaul
11-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Don't get me wrong mate, I know chaps who pay for filesharing and are happy to do so, just to make things easier for themselves. Things like easy access to nzb files make life a darn site easier, even tho' you can get the same thing without paying.

If she is happy, geting the files she wants and you are content then it's a small price to pay. Especially if it means you can concentrate on a damn fine (I'm sure) pepper source.

Barbarossa
11-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Don't move this. Just tell me what's better than kazaa lite, because it's not working. EMule or something? (*wants manker, JPaul or someone else trustworthy to reply*) :happy: Please?

You would have been better off going to a filesharing forum to ask this sort of thing.. :dabs: