PDA

View Full Version : What happens to a game cd key if

thechampishere
11-04-2005, 09:07 PM
if you buy a game and you deside to return it to where you got it from what happens to the cd key? Cause i bought quake 4 and i mean its allright but i dont really want to have wasted 50 bucks for the mult which really wasnt that good but i would still play it if i could keep my cd key so what happens to the cd keys if you return a game?

Guillaume
11-04-2005, 09:08 PM
You'd better ask that in gameworld you know.

thechampishere
11-04-2005, 09:09 PM
well i figured it might be better here

GepperRankins
11-04-2005, 09:10 PM
the shop probably won't want it back because the CD key is now yours

Gripper
11-04-2005, 09:10 PM
wrong place wrong time,you keeps it you gets a copy and you plays it i guess

thechampishere
11-04-2005, 09:12 PM
yeah but its walmart they take that crap back all the time

GepperRankins
11-04-2005, 09:14 PM
so take it back. i reckon proper games shops with clever staff wouldn't accept it though, because they can't sell it on if you still use the license

thechampishere
11-04-2005, 09:15 PM
yeah but walmart took my friends Madden and he uses the CD key still

GepperRankins
11-04-2005, 09:18 PM
oh i get your question. i doubt they'll have a procedure. they most likely won't even realise, so you can still use it if you take it back. you'll just need a no cd crack

thechampishere
11-04-2005, 09:21 PM
allright thanks man

Gripper
11-04-2005, 09:36 PM
rip em off champ

thechampishere
11-04-2005, 11:06 PM
trust me thats the plan! I was just making sure they didnt reuse the cd key or blocked it

Virtualbody1234
11-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Walmarts policy for music, software, games and movies is that if the original package is opened then they won't take it back.

Read the reverse side of your bill.

Rip The Jacker
11-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Yeah I don't know about where you guys are, but over here? You can't return games/software/music CD's... they'll only give you another copy of the same thing if your CD is defective... And not just Walmart, any major retailer... even if the game doesn't use a CD key...

tesco
11-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Yeah I don't know about where you guys are, but over here? You can't return games/software/music CD's... they'll only give you another copy of the same thing if your CD is defective... And not just Walmart, any major retailer... even if the game doesn't use a CD key...
I've returned games in EB games before.
Was back when i had my old comp tho, just told them the game didn't work on my computer (i needed a better vid card) and they gave my money back...
Altho that mighta been from before they had cd keys on games :lol:

Rip The Jacker
11-05-2005, 12:51 AM
Yeah I don't know about where you guys are, but over here? You can't return games/software/music CD's... they'll only give you another copy of the same thing if your CD is defective... And not just Walmart, any major retailer... even if the game doesn't use a CD key... I've returned games in EB games before.
Was back when i had my old comp tho, just told them the game didn't work on my computer (i needed a better vid card) and they gave my money back...
Altho that mighta been from before they had cd keys on games :lol:
Possibly. :lol:

I remember trying to return some shitty game I bought once, "Who wants to beat up a millionaire." Back then my PC sucked even more, so the game wouldn't run at all... I tried to return it to the store, they wouldn't take it back... and it really just didn't work. :(

twisterX
11-05-2005, 01:32 AM
toys r us here lets you return all games i think. console and pc

thechampishere
11-05-2005, 09:27 AM
yeah i had to keep it looks like i got another game ill throw away