PDA

View Full Version : Which "Godfather" did I rent???

SodiumChloride
11-05-2005, 06:55 AM
A year or so ago I decided to watch the godfather for the first time, so i went to blockbuster and rented the "godfather trilogy", which was a set of crusty, overused, crappy old VHS cassettes. Popping one in, I saw a bunch of old, depressed sicilians in the 19th century (?) trodding along in sicily, and presumably little vito corleone growing up in new york. However, later on when i watched the godfather on TV, the beginning of the movie was actually a wedding scene. What gives? Was someone unkind and didnt rewind?

Darth Sushi
11-05-2005, 07:27 AM
Little Vito in Sicily -- Godfather II (Vito played by boy and Robert DeNiro)
Wedding (Vito's daughter) -- Godfather I (Vito played by Marlin Brando)

Keep in mind, the movie (or the book) is not sequential. There is a special TV version where everything was rearranged sequentially but I hate that version.

SodiumChloride
11-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Aha, thanks! I suspected it would be 2 :)

99shassan
11-05-2005, 04:17 PM
am i the only one that doesn't like that film? :ph34r: I find it so boring it's unbelievable. I always fall asleep when I try to watch it (I've tried about 2 times). someone back me up

maebach
11-05-2005, 05:35 PM
am i the only one that doesn't like that film? :ph34r: I find it so boring it's unbelievable. I always fall asleep when I try to watch it (I've tried about 2 times). someone back me up

I think your alone on that one. :lol:

Adster
11-06-2005, 12:33 PM

im guessing your under the age of 18

dont mean any offense by that because when i was a teenager i liked a hell of a lot of action crap brainless films

now those movies put me to sleep and I love drama crime ect

rmthegreat88
11-06-2005, 06:42 PM
psh, godfather 2 was a bit slow; but it was still pretty good. never fell asleep

thajiggaman
11-07-2005, 02:45 AM
i love the godfather movies. i first saw them when i was 15, and have loved them since then.

dodgy368
11-07-2005, 07:53 AM

You're in luck mate, best sleeping pills I've ever had!:lol:

Adster
11-07-2005, 08:57 AM

m,aybe you shoudl try lawance of Ariabia or Ben Hur

dodgy368
11-07-2005, 09:57 AM

m,aybe you shoudl try lawance of Ariabia or Ben Hur

Slept like a log through both!:lol:

SingaBoiy
11-07-2005, 10:02 AM
This is actually kinda funny, I was working an early shift today (6am to 2pm) and I was trying out my new portable dvd player. First movie I watched was Godfather :D

It kept me awake. Ive been up for 39 hrs. Cant wait til #2 gets here :)