11-05-2005, 08:03 PM
trust the French to go overboard celebrating Guy Fawkes noight:w00t:

Heard its moved to Strasburg be safe G.

Mr. Mulder
11-05-2005, 08:05 PM
still, gives them something to celebrate :ermm:

Guillaume
11-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Bleh. I've said it before and I'll say it again: send in the panzers and crush them all.

Anyway, they can come, I'm ready to welcome them.

Just not during the game, 'k?

Biggles
11-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Bleh. I've said it before and I'll say it again: send in the panzers and crush them all.

On the other hand, the chances are they are burning their own cars. Seems fair to me. :)

Guillaume
11-05-2005, 10:04 PM
On the other hand, the chances are they are burning their own cars. Seems fair to me. :)
No they don't. They know full well whose cars they're burning.

keyser_soze
11-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Forgive the ignorance but what they rioting about?

Biggles
11-05-2005, 10:22 PM

http://azelhasdomar.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/ava_1.jpg

ziggyjuarez
11-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Because France dont make their foreigners feel welcome.

{I}{K}{E}
11-05-2005, 10:24 PM

2 teenagers were killed and a third seriously injured when they were electrocuted
in an electricity sub station as they ran away from police investigating a break-in

keyser_soze
11-05-2005, 10:26 PM
This looks like the kind of topic that needs a little research before commenting :unsure:

Santa
11-05-2005, 11:00 PM
http://www.affichescinema.com/insc_h/haine.jpg

DorisInsinuate
11-06-2005, 07:31 PM
my thoughts exactly

Gripper
11-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Its still ongoing and spreading across france

Yogi
11-06-2005, 07:52 PM
I am only surprised it took till now before this happened.

The banlieux in France are the perfect example of a bomb waiting to explode.

And i am sure this will only be the tip of the iceberg.

And not just in France.

Gripper
11-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Sadly Yogi I think it will spread

GepperRankins
11-06-2005, 08:10 PM
i thought borough 13 was just a film :unsure:

Gripper
11-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Nah I think they have similar problems as the states have in their projects,to many people crammed into to little space,with no job,drugs and crime rife.

GepperRankins
11-06-2005, 08:22 PM
i think all free countries have these problems :dabs:

Yogi
11-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Sadly Yogi I think it will spread

That is what i said...

And for now the Frensh can/will blame the migrants for trashing their precious

cars, but the problem is far beyond a racial issue.

It is about treating people like trash.

And that is a worldwide issue.

It is not hard to imagine other groups and other areas will be "inspired" by these

events.

And Guillaumes "solution" is the perfect way to put more oil on the fire.

Gripper
11-06-2005, 09:02 PM
I think we need to move this to the drawing room before it gets to serious.
You are right Yogi,to many people get treated like shit for no reason,other than colour of skin/religion etc.

GepperRankins
11-06-2005, 09:06 PM
The cars and shops which are burnt belong to those who have managed to find a job and save up despite all the obstacles they face.

:dabs:

Guillaume
11-06-2005, 09:40 PM
And Guillaume's "solution" is the perfect way to put more oil on the fire.
Not oil, napalm. :frusty:

maebach
11-06-2005, 11:31 PM
I only found out today about what the riots were about. I thought it was a small problem, my dad said it's serious and its not going to end the way France is handling it. Personally I mean no offence racially, but they should jail all rioters and take this matter into court to see if they did commit the crime and to see if the cops were racially chasing/blaming the victims. The way the rioters are acting isn't going to solve anything. I was discusssing with my dad and he said they should deport the rioters :unsure:

GepperRankins
11-06-2005, 11:37 PM
the way i see it. electrocuting yourself is your own fault *dabs

Proper Bo
11-06-2005, 11:42 PM
i think it was actually guiluiuiuiame causing trouble, just to start the riots cause he's bored.

(see how i'm stereotyping you as living in paris cause you're a frenchie? what floor do you live on the tour eiffel btw?)

sArA
11-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Well, here's a rarity....

Moved to the Drawing Room. :)

Guillaume
11-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Well, here's a rarity....

Moved to the Drawing Room. :)
It has no place in the drawing room.

First, because I never go there. Second because (almost) all the posts have been jokes of some sort. If you want to discuss it maybe you should create a new (serious) thread, don't you think?

Gripper
11-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Well from here on in it does become serious,I first posted it really to see how G. was,whilst doing a bit rodding.
Its moved on now and is deadly serious,this thing could spread across Europe like wildfire,Europe's like a giant snow globe thats been shook up people are uprooting,or being uprooted and just trying to settle where they think life will better for them.
I think as a community Europeans should be taking in a quota of immigrants.
In England at the moment we are feeling swamped as it seems all the other European states are funneling all the immigrants to us.

Barbarossa
11-07-2005, 10:50 AM
The French are revolting. :dabs:

maebach
11-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Well from here on in it does become serious,I first posted it really to see how G. was,whilst doing a bit rodding.
Its moved on now and is deadly serious,this thing could spread across Europe like wildfire,Europe's like a giant snow globe thats been shook up people are uprooting,or being uprooted and just trying to settle where they think life will better for them.
I think as a community Europeans should be taking in a quota of immigrants.
In England at the moment we are feeling swamped as it seems all the other European states are funneling all the immigrants to us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds like a balanced and justful statement. My dad's family lived there for many years (Hounslow) before moving here (Canada) in '74.

Filliz
11-07-2005, 08:54 PM
They're not only burning cares,stores and bus depots.
They also set a crippled lady in a weelchair on fire :dry:

And yesterday they lit a bus on fire,first asking the people in it to leave.
The bus driver refused as well as a passenger but still they set it on fire

If you want to revolt don't drag in innocent bystanders.
Makes me want to set the motherf*ckers ho did this on fire myself.

And they want what now?Respect and understanding?
Fuck'em!

j2k4
11-07-2005, 09:16 PM
I'd love to have someone justify rioting as free and/or appropriate "speech".

"Excuse me, Mr. Chirac; I was wondering:

I'm a bit dissatisfied with my personal situation-would you mind at all if, in order to express myself fully, I engage in wanton and destructive acts of hooliganism possibly resulting in several unnecessary deaths?"

GepperRankins
11-07-2005, 09:27 PM
i would, if those kids didn't kill themselves :pinch:

Guillaume
11-07-2005, 11:41 PM
They're not only burning cares,stores and bus depots.
They also set a crippled lady in a weelchair on fire :dry:

And yesterday they lit a bus on fire,first asking the people in it to leave.
The bus driver refused as well as a passenger but still they set it on fire

A man was also beaten to death.
He died today after three days in a coma.

I bet his oppressing poor young people from the projects is over. :dry:

GepperRankins
11-07-2005, 11:46 PM
the retarded thing is that they complain about not being able to get jobs, then they burn all the local businesses and everybodies ride into the city down

maebach
11-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Maybe they should execute the rioters then? :unsure:

BigBank_Hank
11-08-2005, 09:43 PM
What exactly is the Government doing to stop this? Imposing a curfew isn’t exactly going to fix this problem.

I can only imagine if there were riots this bad in the U.S for 13 straight nights and Bush wasn’t out there try to extinguish the fires on the cars himself.

G is the military involved in this thing at all or is it left up to the police to try to handle this?

Guillaume
11-08-2005, 10:11 PM
G is the military involved in this thing at all or is it left up to the police to try to handle this?
No no no no no no no no no no no, you don't want to bring the army into this, it might piss them off and they might burn things and kill people, says the old crook Chirac and the whole of the political class. :frusty:
Better to drop our pants and bend over access to some demands and waste money on rebuilding what the fuckers have burnt down.
I'm beginning to think the old "France surrenders" jokes aren't too far from the truth. :angry:

The curfew might help a bit. Only problem is it's one more mission for the police who's already spread too thin and they aren't getting any reinforcements.

BigBank_Hank
11-08-2005, 10:57 PM
I would have thought that they (the military) would have been all over this. Reason being is I saw army guys with machine guns all over the place whilst I was in Paris. When I got off of the plane and went to get onto the bus to take me to my hotel they were all over the place. I thought I might have mistakenly landed in Baghdad instead of Paris for a second.

Guillaume
11-08-2005, 11:04 PM
I would have thought that they (the military) would have been all over this. Reason being is I saw army guys with machine guns all over the place whilst I was in Paris. When I got off of the plane and went to get onto the bus to take me to my hotel they were all over the place. I thought I might have mistakenly landed in Baghdad instead of Paris for a second.
That's just part of the anti-terrorist protocols that have been created during the 95 subway bombings by the Algerian GIA and that have been re-instated after 9/11, the Madrid and London bombings.

BigBank_Hank
11-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Well I kinda figured that they were to protect all the landmarks where large numbers of people may be because I saw them there at every one that I visited.

maebach
11-09-2005, 02:55 AM
I have to homework on this riot for french class. I should've dropped French in grade 10. :frusty: If France handles this subject nthe wrong way, it can spread to Norway, England and other European countries with high 'coloured' population.

Seedler
11-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Yah i need info on the riot too for french class. ne1 know a site where i can find FRENCH info on the riot?

Gripper
11-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Try searching on google whilst spelling French riots in French,I can't understand French so can't help. :)

Guillaume
11-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Yah i need info on the riot too for french class. ne1 know a site where i can find FRENCH info on the riot?
http://www.lefigaro.fr/ (right-leaning newspaper)
http://www.humanite.presse.fr/ (communist newspaper)
http://www.liberation.com/ (left-leaning newspaper)
http://www.lemonde.fr/ (left-leaning newspaper)

Seedler
11-09-2005, 09:16 PM
http://www.lefigaro.fr/ (right-leaning newspaper)
http://www.humanite.presse.fr/ (communist newspaper)
http://www.liberation.com/ (left-leaning newspaper)
http://www.lemonde.fr/ (left-leaning newspaper)

ty, r u french? guillaume is a french name

Guillaume
11-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Yes on both counts.

maebach
11-09-2005, 09:56 PM
thanks alot. she wants us to bring an article in and we're probably have to write about it in 'imparfait' or passé composé :dry:

Seedler
11-10-2005, 02:47 AM
thanks alot. she wants us to bring an article in and we're probably have to write about it in 'imparfait' or passé composé :dry:

lol u finally managed to type french accents...i still cant cuz i got a laptop. Dont know why alt commands dont work on my lappy

GepperRankins
11-10-2005, 02:54 AM
windows key>run...>"charmap"

Seedler
11-10-2005, 02:57 AM
windows key>run...>"charmap"

I know about charmap, it just takes too long to look up individual accents and i'm going off topic so um... Riots...isn't there one in Paris?:unsure:

bashnu
11-12-2005, 06:59 PM
question - after the events in new orleans do you americans find some inner satisfaction with the the present situation in France?

(i think we europeans selfishly did in your case)

BigBank_Hank
11-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Anyone that would take pleasure in the misfortune of others is a sick twisted individual.

bashnu
11-12-2005, 07:37 PM
indeed but i think you know what i mean

Rat Faced
11-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Anyone that would take pleasure in the misfortune of others is a sick twisted individual.

:01:

j2k4
11-12-2005, 08:40 PM
question - after the events in new orleans do you americans find some inner satisfaction with the the present situation in France?

No.

Can't think why we would.

Barbarossa
11-14-2005, 11:22 AM

(i think we europeans selfishly did in your case)

What the hell you talking about? :huh: