PDA

View Full Version : Print Screen Button

Aaron_T
11-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey, ive just bought a new keyboard and ive just noticed that the print screen button on it doesnt work.

now ive even tried putting the disk that i got with keyboard in but that doesnt make any difference.

how can i get the button to work as its annoying me :|

SingaBoiy
11-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Are you trying to make it print the screen or copy whats on the screen so you can paste it into Paint? :P

Samurai
11-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Sounds like your keyboard is set to another country's.

Go to your control panel and change it to your one, just in case I'm right.

Darth Sushi
11-06-2005, 10:53 PM
As SingaBoiy stated, it does not print directly to a printer. The button only takes a snapshot of the entire screen image. After hitting the button, open paint (or any prog that supports images) and select the paste command. If you hold down the alt button while hitting the Printscreen button, it will take a picture of only the active window.

Virtualbody1234
11-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Does the keyboard have and "F lock"? Try pressing that.

It could help if you would tell us what model keyboard it is.

Aaron_T
11-07-2005, 10:57 PM
yeah i know the print screen button means a copy of whats on the page lol, thats exactly what im trying to do, copy the page into paint.

i will trry what you guys have suggested, cheers for the help :)

lynx
11-07-2005, 11:33 PM
If you got a proper geordie keyboard, you could just press the "copy me shit" button.

I reckon you've got one of them mackums' ones.

Virtualbody1234
11-08-2005, 12:32 AM
yeah i know the print screen button means a copy of whats on the page lol, thats exactly what im trying to do, copy the page into paint.

i will trry what you guys have suggested, cheers for the help :)
never heard of that model. :dry:

Aaron_T
11-08-2005, 11:50 PM
ok figured it out its weird, theres a button which has F N on it, and to make a print screen i have to hold that button together with the prnt screen button.

well at least it works hehe.

cheers guys :D

Virtualbody1234
11-09-2005, 01:32 AM
That's why I said "F Lock". ;)

The "N" is Numlock.

What was the model again? :lol: