PDA

View Full Version : Board Rule #13

Barbarossa
11-07-2005, 03:00 PM
13. Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion or questioning and will not be tolerated. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator by means of a Private Message (PM) or create a thread in the Report Section.

I'm only being picky because I'm bored, but the above seems to imply that the decisions will not be tolerated. Which is clearly not how it's supposed to read.

Surely, it should be:-

Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion or questioning and any such discussion or questioning will not be tolerated.

:geek:

manker
11-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Surely it was the decision of an admin or moderator to relate that point in such piss-poor English.

Therefore your post should not be tolerated.

Barbarossa
11-07-2005, 03:18 PM
I suspect I am about to be placed on Toleration.

RealitY
11-07-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm only being picky because I'm bored, but the above seems to imply that the decisions will not be tolerated. Which is clearly not how it's supposed to read.

Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion or questioning and any such discussion or questioning will not be tolerated.
Changed...

Thanks.

lynx
11-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Shouldn't it be:

Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion or questioning and no such discussion or questioning will be tolerated.
/manker

Barbarossa
11-08-2005, 09:47 AM
You'd need to ask a cunning linguist. I would say both are correct, but yours is possibly the more eloquent way of putting it. :unsure:

manker
11-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion nor questioning. Contravention of this rule will not be tolerated.

Since we're being really picky - I got rid of some of the tautological ingemination and replaced it with pure tautology.

While neither is completely correct, I understand the need for reiteration and the latter is much more elegant.

Edit: Just noticed that it should be 'nor'.

Barbarossa
11-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Public discussion or questioning of any decisions made by the Administrators or Moderators WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

:happy:

Virtualbody1234
11-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Public discussion or questioning of any decisions made by the Administrators or Moderators WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Nice.

Gripper
11-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion nor questioning. Anyone doing so will be terminated.

twisterX
11-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Why does anyone care. :lol:

manker
11-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Why does anyone care. :lol:True enough.

If the mods or admin make a crap decision - the members will always tell them anyhow.

Virtualbody1234
11-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Why does anyone care. :lol:True enough.

If the mods or admin make a crap decision - the members will always tell them anyhow.
They hear about it when make the right decision also.

JPaul
11-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion nor questioning. Contravention of this rule will not be tolerated.

Since we're being really picky - I got rid of some of the tautological ingemination and replaced it with pure tautology.

While neither is completely correct, I understand the need for reiteration and the latter is much more elegant.

What the feck does "....not up for public discussion ...." mean.

I'd go for;

"Public questioning of decisions made by either Administrators or Moderators is not allowed."

RealitY
11-08-2005, 10:36 PM

Nice.
Nice.

"Public questioning of decisions made by either Administrators or Moderators is not allowed."
I like that also.

Maybe a combination...
Public discussion or questioning of decisions made by Administrators or Moderators WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

tesco
11-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Maybe a combination...
Public discussion or questioning of decisions made by Administrators or Moderators WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
Nice 'combination'.

All you did was remove the word any.:rolleyes:

Virtualbody1234
11-08-2005, 11:53 PM
The "will not" could be replaced by "won't".

DorisInsinuate
11-09-2005, 12:49 AM
Or you could just change it to something like: "Fuck off, mod flamers."

RealitY
11-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Maybe a combination...
Nice 'combination'.

All you did was remove the word any.:rolleyes:
Also removed the ffs so pay attention...

Rip The Jacker
11-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion nor questioning. Anyone doing so will be terminated.
I like this one. :lol:

manker
11-09-2005, 02:29 PM

What the feck does "....not up for public discussion ...." mean.

I'd go for;

"Public questioning of decisions made by either Administrators or Moderators is not allowed."Baby steps, baby steps.

JPaul
11-09-2005, 07:11 PM
I heard you the first time, arse arse.

Adster
11-10-2005, 03:05 AM
its the worst rule out of the lot because when a mod makes a discion to detle a post ect how the fuck do I know who did it to PM them to ask

tesco
11-10-2005, 11:40 AM
its the worst rule out of the lot because when a mod makes a discion to detle a post ect how the fuck do I know who did it to PM them to ask
Use the report section then.

Samurai
11-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I know another rule that's worse than that.

links to links to link to links... :shifty: :dry:

thewizeard
11-11-2005, 04:44 PM

:geek:

To be fair Barbarossa, I still think, in the spirit of this rule, you should temporarily be banned...

/me runs for it...