PDA

View Full Version : I gawt H4x0r'd...

Peerzy
11-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Well, this is a long story but here it goes.

Woke up 2 days ago and went on my PC, all was fine. Then my MSN Messenger pops up (It was signed in as appear offline) and says I have been signed in at another computer and thus signed out on my computer. I thought, right this sometimes happens (Like once every 2 years) and it's just my other Windows Messenger signing in. But Windows Messenger was closed and i couldn't resgin in. It refused my password.

So i go to my hotmail and couldn't sign into my email then either. Go to my secret question which asks me what my favourite 90's TV show was, i enter it correctly and change my password. Then i try loging into my MSN with my new password. Still refuses it, so i go to change my password again via my secret question which has now changed (Note: I didn't change it).

So i try and reset my password using my alternative email address (A gmail address that no one knows about, only the person who invited me and I know the address addy. This won't sign in either, bad password.

Yes, my Gmail account and hotmail account used the same password. As does my FST account funny enough. So when i loaded Firefox and expected to be greated by angry PM's but nay. That will also not login.

Then i spoke to someone thrugh a forum and they said that I had tried to speak to them via MSN when i couldn't have been logged in. So a hacker comes to mind. All 3 things refuse my password, my secret question is changed, and someone is reported to have used my account when i could not be on it.

I'm in contact with Google to get my gmail account back and it's looking like there going to reset my password, once that happens i might be able to get my hotmail back. Still i'd like to stop this happening again. Apart from different passwords for everything what else would you susgest.

Barbarossa
11-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Don't piss people off with fake games that initiate a shutdown? :P

Filliz
11-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Next time use an answer totally irrelevant to your security question.

Peerzy
11-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Don't piss people off with fake games that initiate a shutdown? :P

Knew that would come up:P

Thing that bothers me is that they knew my Gmail account, which no one knows apart from the person who invited me, and they don't know enough about PC's to know how to hack. They also must have known i visit this website as this password was changed (it was the same as my hotmail and gmail one yet a torrent site i use had the same password but that wasn't changed...

Anyone know an email address i can use to contact MSN to get my account sorted?

tesco
11-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Next time use an answer totally irrelevant to your security question.
Then you wont remember teh answer...:blink:

Barbarossa
11-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Anyone know an email address i can use to contact MSN to get my account sorted?

[email protected]

RealitY
11-09-2005, 05:53 PM
They also must have known i visit this website as this password was changed
So how did you manage to get back into FST then. The site here recieved an email about the time this most likely started for you requesting a pssword change. The answer was to log on MSN and initiate a chat with me as the addy to reach me should already be know since weve chat before. This was at least one partial way to clear if it was the right person. Of course at that point there wouldve been some questions that would have let me know for sure.

There was never any contact at that point nor was the email that was sent with the requset ever returned nor was there any contact made on MSN either. It wouldve seemed that if MSN was an issue there wouldve been another email to follow I guess or if it was you then you couldve created a new account and discussed the situation through it.

As I recall in the past you would state that you dont use av or fw as you find it useless. Most of the time it dosent get used but its only there to do its fuction when the time comes. I would also wonder if you now know how you got hacked so that you can halt if from just reaccuring...

keyser_soze
11-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Then you wont remember teh answer
I find whisper or steganos is handy in these situations, store all your passes with encryption then you only have one to remember even though its hard due to using different cases and symbols I have it wrote down inside a cd case after a while u get to know it off by heart anyway :cool:

Gary King
11-11-2005, 04:08 AM
Getting hacked is definitely not something fun :(

muchspl3
11-11-2005, 05:07 AM
why did my lol get deleted

muchspl3
11-11-2005, 05:09 AM
that shit is funny to anyone that knows what a fucking ass hole Peerzy is to noobs and for him to be owned by a four year old exploit is hysterical
fuck him and fuck the mod who deleted my post

DrBeerMan
11-11-2005, 06:54 AM
next time for your password use more then 12 charchters and use symbols like, &^%*$ along w/ letters and or numbers, then i guarantee a PW cracker won't work.

RealitY
11-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Seems he hasnt been around for a bit again...

oxygenuk
11-11-2005, 10:54 AM
3 letters in 1 post = not good

kazaaman
11-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Don't use the computer ever again :P :dry:

Sike, get a proxy utility like Proximitron (http://www.proxomitron.info/) so it blocks certain connections and also use Protowall (http://www.bluetack.co.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2), with Blocklist manager (http://www.bluetack.co.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1) which blocks a lot of crap you don't need. Associate yourself with people you know personally on the internet. Not the people who go here "You want an invite? Click here". Get a decent firewall, I use Sygate (http://www.sygate.com/) but Outpost (http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/) is good too. Also try using different passwords for accounts, (Improves your memory :lol:). If you still aren't convinced go to the Security Experts at Bluetack (http://www.bluetack.co.uk/index.php)

FinalTheorem
11-16-2005, 01:26 AM
This could have been something as simple as a trojan horse with a keylogger. That would explain how they knew about your gmail account (if you've been to it lately, it'd log it and send it to the "hacker").

Obvious advice: install an antivirus and firewall program:rolleyes:

Busyman
11-16-2005, 02:35 PM
that shit is funny to anyone that knows what a fucking ass hole Peerzy is to noobs and for him to be owned by a four year old exploit is hysterical
but, but, but.....he uses Firefox.:(

Peerzy
11-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Seems he hasnt been around for a bit again...

Been very busy with college/work.

Nearly got my gmail back. As far as i know my MSN/GMAIL account hasn't been used at all anymore.

And you're not offensive to n00b's at all are you muchspl3? Infact i remember you left because the mod's kept censoring you because you were being to much of an asshole.

4 year old exploit? Ah so i take it from the little infomation i gave you about the hack you have been able to pin point what happened and how.

silent h3ro
11-17-2005, 02:39 AM
fuck him and fuck the mod who deleted my postThat would probably be RealitY. It seems I'm always getting my posts deleted or combined now...:ermm:

muchspl3
11-17-2005, 03:55 AM
I left because of legal reasons

RealitY
11-20-2005, 09:40 AM
fuck him and fuck the mod who deleted my postThat would probably be RealitY. It seems I'm always getting my posts deleted or combined now...:ermm:
Nope and as I recall I only merged one set of your posts and dont recall ever deleting any...

silent h3ro
11-20-2005, 03:27 PM
That would probably be RealitY. It seems I'm always getting my posts deleted or combined now...:ermm:
Nope and as I recall I only merged one set of your posts and dont recall ever deleting any...Guess it was a diff mod.