PDA

View Full Version : 'Quick reply' button does not work.

Gary King
11-11-2005, 04:06 AM
Hitting the 'Quick Reply' button in a post does not do anything, at least in Firefox 1.5 and when the WYSIWYG is on.

manker
11-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Hitting the 'Quick Reply' button in a post does not do anything, at least in Firefox 1.5 and when the WYSIWYG is on. The button to which you refer pertains to using the quick reply in relation to the particular post within the thread you're browsing.

When you hit the quick reply button and then type in the quick reply box, not forgetting to check the 'Quote message in reply' radio button, it quotes that post within your reply.

Damn, that was difficult to explain.

Btw, I just did that and it worked okay using the WYSIWYG interface and Fx 1.5.

Gary King
11-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Yeah I know what the quick reply button does. I develop vBulletin mods.

The quick reply button still doesn't work for me on here, but it does on other forums (vBulletin 3.5). Also, I don't see a 'Quote message in reply' checkbox (where it normally is.)

tesco
11-11-2005, 10:38 PM

The quick reply button still doesn't work for me on here, but it does on other forums (vBulletin 3.5). Also, I don't see a 'Quote message in reply' checkbox (where it normally is.)
That's been taken away, the button shouldn't be there but i forgot to remove it.;)

Gary King
11-11-2005, 10:40 PM

The quick reply button still doesn't work for me on here, but it does on other forums (vBulletin 3.5). Also, I don't see a 'Quote message in reply' checkbox (where it normally is.) That's been taken away, the button shouldn't be there but i forgot to remove it.;) Okay. But why?

enoughfakefiles
11-11-2005, 10:41 PM
I just used the quick reply to erm reply, i can see the quote message check box but i'm unable to check it.

Gary King
11-11-2005, 10:42 PM
I just used the quick reply to erm reply, i can see the quote message check box but i'm unable to check it.That is probably because you are an administrator?

tesco
11-11-2005, 10:52 PM
I just used the quick reply to erm reply, i can see the quote message check box but i'm unable to check it.
Page source?:rolleyes:

enoughfakefiles
11-11-2005, 10:59 PM

Here you go fellow admin.:rolleyes:

tesco
11-11-2005, 11:41 PM

no i'm asking if u see it in the page source, or do you for some reason see it always?:unsure:

enoughfakefiles
11-12-2005, 01:25 PM
no i'm asking if u see it in the page source, or do you for some reason see it always?:unsure:

I see the quote message all the time but i can not check the box.:rolleyes:

manker
11-12-2005, 02:40 PM

The quick reply button still doesn't work for me on here, but it does on other forums (vBulletin 3.5). Also, I don't see a 'Quote message in reply' checkbox (where it normally is.)Then you're probably using a different skin.

Try the chromo one - it works perfectly, as I described.

JPaul
11-12-2005, 03:03 PM
It works for me, as madmin described.