PDA

View Full Version : White Men Can't Rap...

Th£ Bo$$
04-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Yo dudes,this plac£ roxs!!

But my question to you alll Is can white guys rap?

I dont think thEy can,they just aint got the rythum like us darker dudes and they all go mainstream and then are crap!! Just look at vanilla ice and eminem both wannA b gangsta rappers...that emeinem is soooo bad,why does he surround himself with black dudes??he is a wannaB

So hip hop lovers out there what do yaLL think about it?

Icebound
04-18-2003, 08:31 AM
i think eminem is the greatest rapper of all time so there :P

Rocktron
04-18-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Th£ Bo$$@18 April 2003 - 09:12

I dont think thEy can,they just aint got the rythum like us darker dudes and they all go mainstream and then are crap!!  Just look at vanilla ice and eminem both wannA b gangsta rappers...that emeinem is soooo bad,why does he surround himself with black dudes??he is a wannaB

Uhm.. maybe so... and Black men can't golf either? White men can't jump?
(btw.. i don't like Rap at all! But i think Eminem is indeed a wannabe! :o :P )

N£MO
04-18-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Icebound@18 April 2003 - 09:31
I got to say if you think that eminem is the greatest rapper of all time,you havn't heard much hip hop then. ;)

soopaman
04-18-2003, 11:24 AM

I dont think thEy can,they just aint got the rythum like us darker dudes and they all go mainstream and then are crap!! Just look at vanilla ice and eminem both wannA b gangsta rappers...that emeinem is soooo bad,why does he surround himself with black dudes??he is a wannaB

Can't agree with you on that one I'm afraid. Check out EDAN - PRIMATIVE PLUS for proof that people without Melanin can rap as well as ANYONE!! And he's not a wannabee Gangsta Rapper. :D What about BLADE ??

Comparing Vanilla Ice and M&M is unfair, it's like comparing MC Hammer with Kwame. Oh no, perhaps you're right!! :lol:

Icebound is obviously having a laugh at our expense saying that M&M is the Greatest MC. Can't have listened to a lot of Hip-Hop in his/her lifetime!! :P

soopaman
04-18-2003, 11:29 AM
Sorry posted twice!! :lol:

Jibbler
04-18-2003, 02:24 PM
Its about the lyrics, not the color. Eminem kicks ass, and he's only the start of the white rapper revolution. Check out the new Rolling Stone magazine this month, and you'll see lots more on the way.

Schmiggy_JK23
04-18-2003, 02:48 PM
What is up with this racist shit... "they aint got the rythum like us darker doods?".... that would be like me saying, why "cuz they didnt grow up in the fields singing the blues?"... sounds ignorant doesnt it?

Dont make more of an ass of yourself by making idiotic comments like that. You wanna talk rythum [sic]... many great guitarists, rock & rollers have terriffic rhythm, and because a "white man with rhythm" decides to rap, its not acceptable to you? Why does he surround himself with black people, gee... crazy fu@kin idea, maybe because he grew up with them... holy shit, no way... black people in detroit... crazy idea...

We grow into our enviroments, like or not... that was his enviroment... would you like it if all "ya brothas", gave you shit cuz you went to a private school, 99% white, family belonged to the country club? No, you prolly wouldnt... so lay off the fronting man, and grow up... besides... its affirmative action at its best isnt it? A white man rapping... equal opportunity...learn to love it..

flame away, i dont give a shit... stupid people shouldnt breed either, and this is just an idiotic topic...

OcramC
04-18-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@18 April 2003 - 14:24
Its about the lyrics, not the color.  Eminem kicks ass, and he's only the start of the white rapper revolution.  Check out the new Rolling Stone magazine this month, and you'll see lots more on the way.
colour dont fuck ing matter

amphoteric88
04-18-2003, 04:17 PM
imo the slim shady lp is one of the best albums ever. it doesn't matter about colour, it's all about ability.
if em was no good at rapping, would he have been signed by dre? cynical people might say dre only signed em cos he knew how much money he could make, but imo that's just crap.
em is one of the most lyrically talented artists ever, both his albums and his freestyles.

TNTIcemanTNT
04-18-2003, 08:52 PM
Simply put black men cant swim.

sk8punk151
04-19-2003, 02:30 AM

I hate rap, but you sound like a stereotype. EMINEM is talented. Sure he might be a wanna be in some eyes, but to me I think hes a genius.. and I dont even like rap..

swarnel
04-19-2003, 02:44 AM
different people are good at different things

since black rappers started the whole scene i dont think many white rappers tried vary hard to compete so therfore they are not as good.

Icebound
04-19-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by N£MO+18 April 2003 - 02:52--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N£MO @ 18 April 2003 - 02:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Icebound@18 April 2003 - 09:31
I got to say if you think that eminem is the greatest rapper of all time,you havn&#39;t heard much hip hop then. ;) [/b][/quote]
i don&#39;t listen to hip hop or rap at all, i think his lyrics and flows are far from wannabe tho&#33;
he&#39;s unique, he reminds me of no one and i can&#39;t think of anyone similar, at all
btw, my fav band is Cradle of Filth so don&#39;t think i&#39;m tryin to be a know it all in this field :rolleyes:

*Edit typo

Icebound
04-19-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by swarnel@18 April 2003 - 20:44
different people are good at different things

since black rappers started the whole scene i dont think many white rappers tried vary hard to compete so therfore they are not as good.
that is just retarded

if they were a minority in the field, don&#39;t you think that would make them try harder to compete?

brendandonhue
04-19-2003, 03:13 AM
The reason you say all white rappers are just mainstream MTV-promoted people is probably because thats the only place you look. If you saw a good white rapper you would say its not possible and write him off as a wannabe-gangster that can&#39;t rhyme.
Instead of being a racist hater why dont you do this.
Don&#39;t think "50 is better than Em because 50 is black"
Think "50 is better than Em because he has more talent"
And in case you didn&#39;t notice those two are kinda from the same label, record & preform together.

Paul_NFFC
04-19-2003, 03:31 AM
eminem is the only white rapper who is very good no1 can say eminem isent a good rapper because he is

althought people in this thread saying he is the greatest rapper are truely wrong

2 words for you

tupac shakur ;)

Pitbul
04-19-2003, 03:39 AM
whoever said that Em was the greatest should get a big tatto on the forehead that says "I Am A Eminem Groupie" cuz thats what u are. if u even knew the slightest bit u would know hes not the greatest died in 1996 and everyone who is a hip hop head knows it

fallenknight308
04-19-2003, 03:42 AM
I think I can speak for many WHITE men (at least the people I know) When I say: Why the hell would we want to? Rap is not of my culture, race, or people, And while I respect people for standing tall in what they believe in, I think rap is an expression of something I know nothing about because I do not come from that background/culture. I have NO respect for fake people, and I think alot of white people are F&#036;#@ posing&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; B)
(You can flame me all you want for this as you cry foul, and stamp "racist" all over it. but It will not make a difference as I know I am right :ph34r: )

Bass
04-19-2003, 03:43 AM
Has anyone heard of a vocalist called Heitham Al-Sayed? He`s gotta be one of the best on the planet. Download "States of Mind" and "Age of Panic" by Senser. The album is called "Stacked Up"and is well worth a listen. Although my main listening pleasure is rock music I have had much experience with rapp and in my opinion this is got to be the best cross-over band ever, but unfortunately didn`t get the marketing they deserved.A much missed band on my part. :(
cheers,
Bass.

Also I saw them live at Rock City Nottingham,UK. F**kin` excellent band,with an equally excellent engineer on the desk.A night I will never forget&#33;&#33;&#33;

Bass
04-19-2003, 03:51 AM
Also I would like to say that many peeps regard Tu-Pac as being the greatest rapper of all time. What about his abilities as a musician?Not many realise he was a shit hot Bassplayer&#33;There was a film out a few years ago with Tu-Pac in playing Bass,but can`t remember what it`s called.If any 1 can,post it please.
cheers,
Bass.

Pitbul
04-19-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by fallenknight308@19 April 2003 - 03:42
I think I can speak for many WHITE men (at least the people I know) When I say: Why the hell would we want to? Rap is not of my culture, race, or people, And while I respect people for standing tall in what they believe in, I think rap is an expression of something I know nothing about because I do not come from that background/culture. I have NO respect for fake people, and I think alot of white people are F&#036;#@ posing&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; B)
(You can flame me all you want for this as you cry foul, and stamp "racist" all over it. but It will not make a difference as I know I am right :ph34r: )
im not gonna flame u so dont worry cuz i have no reason i agree with u about the white kats suddenly jumping on the rap bandwagon when Em blew up same with ICP it seemed like all kinds of them jumpped there but claim there real. i have never met a white person who was full out hip hop head unless they are a real MC and there are some like ICP is hip hop so is Em and a couple others becuz they do rap but alot of white ppl jumped on it when Em came out. i do think a race can expand to diffrent cultures and reach out. me bieng hispanic im mostly based in hip hop and thats basically all i listen to. with rappers such as Fat Joe and Big Pun and Cypress Hill being Hispanic Rappers but ppl think they are the only Hispanic rappers if u see the underground there alot of chicano rapper Dyablo Slush the villian Lil rob are only a few

Pitbul
04-19-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Bass@19 April 2003 - 03:43
Has anyone heard of a vocalist called Heitham Al-Sayed? He`s gotta be one of the best on the planet. Download "States of Mind" and "Age of Panic" by Senser. The album is called "Stacked Up"and is well worth a listen. Although my main listening pleasure is rock music I have had much experience with rapp and in my opinion this is got to be the best cross-over band ever, but unfortunately didn`t get the marketing they deserved.A much missed band on my part. :(
cheers,
Bass.

Also I saw them live at Rock City Nottingham,UK. F**kin` excellent band,with an equally excellent engineer on the desk.A night I will never forget&#33;&#33;&#33;
haha u read my post wrong i ment as in general he is the greatest. "the good die young" R.I.P 2.P.A.C :(

fallenknight308
04-19-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Pitbul+18 April 2003 - 19:53--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 18 April 2003 - 19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--fallenknight308@19 April 2003 - 03:42
im not gonna flame u so dont worry cuz i have no reason i agree with u about the white kats suddenly jumping on the rap bandwagon when Em blew up same with ICP it seemed like all kinds of them jumpped there but claim there real. i have never met a white person who was full out hip hop head unless they are a real MC and there are some like ICP is hip hop so is Em and a couple others becuz they do rap but alot of white ppl jumped on it when Em came out. i do think a race can expand to diffrent cultures and reach out. me bieng hispanic im mostly based in hip hop and thats basically all i listen to. with rappers such as Fat Joe and Big Pun and Cypress Hill being Hispanic Rappers but ppl think they are the only Hispanic rappers if u see the underground there alot of chicano rapper Dyablo Slush the villian Lil rob are only a few [/b][/quote]
I agree that people should expose themselves to other cultures, just don&#39;t pose B)
And thank you for your kind reply.

Pitbul
04-19-2003, 04:00 AM
no prob i think ppl have there right to an opinion just as long as there not rude when they do it. :D

Schmiggy_JK23
04-19-2003, 04:27 AM
jumping on the white bandwagon of eminem... that may be so for many...

being 24, my first real look into hip hop culture was the early death row stuff, the chronic, doggystyle, etc. I could relate in a way, though living in a mainly white area, the struggles, the ideaology that ran through the music... the fu@k what ever is keeping you down... i was never spoiled, had money, but i wasnt from the ghetto either.

It was new, its was different, i didnt run around with bandanas on,flashing signs, but i could respect that material, the back ground, and the flow the music had. I dont try to be gangsta, a wigger, I dont wear fubu or sean john... but musically, alot of it is good stuff.

sred2003
04-19-2003, 06:14 AM
this topic is retarded.
so i feel capable of responding ;)

eminem makes good music. whoever you may think is the
greatest rapper of all time is an opinion. so dont go around
acting like there is an official "greatest rapper of all time"
and white boys can rap. not all of them just like not all black
ppl can rap. as a matter of fact alot of black rap artists cant rap
worth shit and are only able to get deals because they are black
and talk about gangsta shit. big tymers being one example.
thier songs are maybe good for clubs but as far as talent?
get frikin real. there are countless others as well.
a white rapper needed to be one of the most talented
rappers in history (i said one of) to make it. no white dude
that raps like big tymers would get any respect.
like whatever sounds good to you and quit telling other ppl
what they have to like to be REAL hip hop heads. seriously

Pitbul
04-19-2003, 06:18 AM
yeah but queers like big tymers which seems to be the only one u used plz be more out with other such as P diddy or WTF u call him and Nelly hes also a bitch but thats a rap of its own i call that Baller rap and its a disgrace to hip hop in general so i dont even count them

sred2003
04-19-2003, 06:20 AM
ya there are many others but i feel big tymers lyrical skillz
are as low as you can go so they were just an example.
i didnt want to have to start naming every crappy lyricist.

baseballboy
04-20-2003, 05:38 PM
Chris Rock&#39;s quote of the day
>
>
> "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white
> guy,the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is
> Chinese, the Swiss hold the America&#39;s Cup, France is accusing the
> U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn&#39;t want to go to war, and the three
> most powerful men in America are named &#39;Bush&#39;, &#39;Dick&#39;, and &#39;Colon&#39;.
> Need I say more?"

but hey, i&#39;ll jump in the eminem bandwagon. it&#39;s all about the lyrics.

TheDave
04-20-2003, 11:28 PM
there are a lot of good white rappers

i prefer music by white rappers because they arent the same old, same old

im sick of hearing everyone rapping about how they grew up in the ghetto, how much money they got and how many bitches they got. when it comes down to the actual rapping skills there aint much in it appart from white guys sound a bit squeeky compared to black guys, its all about production and writing and im sorry to say eminem has it, why else would dre sign him?

p.s. would tupac still be the greatest rapper if he wasnt dead? think about it.

amphoteric88
04-20-2003, 11:38 PM
i had a pretty big argument with an old schoolmate about the question of would tupac be a success now if he was still alive. i said he would definitely be a big success, the schoolmate said not. i think the success of better dayz may have answered this question. ok, so part of it&#39;s success was fuelled by tupac&#39;s status, but surely not all the people who bought it did so as a tribute.
i think pac would be a big success, he would also have changed his style to cope with the changing face of hip hop in the last few years. a lot of tupac&#39;s beats still sounds fresh these days too.

N£MO
04-20-2003, 11:59 PM
I have read through this thread now and got to say that although i dont agree with what the starter of this thread said,there is a small bit of truth in what he is trying to say i think. :o

To me the origns of hip hop was a black sound,what i mean is most of the early rappers i listened to were black.Thats not to say that white men can&#39;t rap, it was just a black thing a bit like motown was and mostly still is.

There are a few good white rappers out there that i like but the majority of them are black,thats probably down to my individual tastes and the fact that the hip hop industry mostly has black artists.

Times change though,we move on as people,we progress and white rappers can rap,its not a colour thing.

It&#39;s music,its a feeling you get when you listen to a tune,whatever its genre and the more white rappers that get into hip hop the better IMO. :)

scribblec
04-21-2003, 12:22 AM
im sorry but saying white people cant do this they cant do that
its not tru
its like saying black people cant do this and that
there always exceptions
and eminem is one of them
hes released so many albums
and comes up with new stuff all the time
most rappers say the same shit over
not eminem
hear each of his albums its got a different sound to each
listen to infinite and now listen to his 8 mile ost
then u will understand what i am tlking about

TeKeNKiD
04-21-2003, 03:26 AM
You guys have all underlined the same point, basically that it doesnt matter
what color your skin is, it doesnt control your musical talents.

Only thing that makes or breaks an artist is their basic ability to feel and hold a beat
it doesn&#39;t matter what musical genre. In addition the fact that this topic has come up
has helped point out our society&#39;s movement towards change, and thanks for the non-discriminant
opinions.

Latez&#33; B)

Tormentor
04-21-2003, 04:24 AM
Threwout history there wasnt one good white rapper :lol:

Schmiggy_JK23
04-21-2003, 04:54 AM
this comming from a slipknot fan... ;) ;) ;) ;)

you must be a wonderfull judge of musical talent...

Tormentor
04-21-2003, 05:19 AM
Hey just to let you know I used to be a huge rap fan

Pitbul
04-21-2003, 05:33 AM
hes right look thru history of hip hop Vanilla Ice Disgraced hip hop until Em kinda gained that back. but being white is one of the things that got Em noticed

-Archwolf-
04-21-2003, 08:14 AM
RAP SUCKS

HARD ROCK FOREVER

http://www.metclub.com/2003_logo_bw.jpg

N£MO
04-21-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by -Archwolf-@21 April 2003 - 09:14
RAP SUCKS

HARD ROCK FOREVER

Like anyone here who has replied to this would really listen to someone with a metallica sig... :lol: :lol:

morbius
04-21-2003, 08:24 AM
Yer fulla crap Dawg. I&#39;m a darker dude and from experience I can tell you it&#39;s the CULTURE, not the COLOR that can make a man anything he wants to be. :"> I&#39;m embarrassed for ya. Check yur mind at the dumpster.
Or, is this a little mind game of (LPYTF) "let&#39;s play you and them fight"? Nobody goes for that high school psyche anymore. Give it up "Biggie"&#33;

scribblec
04-21-2003, 12:23 PM
have u heard eminem new mix tape
invision 2
eminem blows the black people out the water

Schmiggy_JK23
04-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by -Archwolf-@21 April 2003 - 03:14
RAP SUCKS

HARD ROCK FOREVER

laugh...

now if we wanna talk about sell outs... lets give the devil its due... metallica hasnt had a good album since bob rock came on and produced....

;)

Th£ Bo$$
04-21-2003, 02:59 PM
Yo dudeS,wat i saidIts the Deal...emineem he a Dog...50 is Da mAn... :D :D

im noT racIst...have m8&#39;s who wite&they kooL...im just blakc and prouD of My hip Hop rooots... B)

Schmiggy_JK23
04-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by solidsnake@21 April 2003 - 07:23
have u heard eminem new mix tape
invision 2
eminem blows the black people out the water
I think you need to clarify that solid... theres nothing "anti black" about his newest mix tape... if you mean anti ja rule, and murder inc, thats another... but I dont hear anything anti black, as far as race, or culture...

HankusDankus
04-24-2003, 10:24 PM
Yeah, Invasion 2 is definately not anti black. Heres a tip for all you hip hop listeners out ther
LISTEN TO THE FKN WORDS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
The only thing he says about Whitte vs Black in any of those songs is "Elvis is back"

Rapping is not a born talent, welll i mean mostly it is because it kinda depends on where you grow up. But most white ppl i know can freestyle for ever, and good too. Rappin and freestylin is just something you&#39;d gradually get better at the more you "lived" rap

morbius
04-25-2003, 05:05 AM
Hey, I like music. All kinds of music, but RAP is not music&#33; :o Like alcohol and drugs, its another tranquilizer for the down troddened masses. ;)

Schmiggy_JK23
04-25-2003, 11:29 AM
Hrmm... arent you witty... heres a witty reply to you my friend... as I am sick of all this anti rap, rap aint music bullsit.... remember, opinions are like assholes... everyone has them... ;) ;) and your definition of rap isnt the global standard...

and morbius....

http://ghay.grendosa.com/homo.jpg

TRshady
04-25-2003, 09:04 PM
ahhh, shit. As soon as I saw the topic title I knew Eminem would be mentioned. Now I only started listening to rap in the late 90&#39;s and eminem was the one who brought me to love it, for anyone who&#39;s listened to every album sice "infinite" up to seeing 8mile and heard all his remixes, disses and underground hits knows rap and has probably heard the finest lyrics and beats you will ever hear. Its been like an adventure, great to see how he&#39;s progressed to where he is today and not once did his colour effect me in any way, now I love rap and have a huge collection and huge variety, every rapper is great in thier own way. From tupac to eminem, its all rap. We should all forget skin colour and just focus on the music, its natural to dislike a rival to someone you like.

If anyone can make sense of this, great&#33;

B)

N£MO
04-25-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@25 April 2003 - 12:29
Hrmm... arent you witty... heres a witty reply to you my friend... as I am sick of all this anti rap, rap aint music bullsit.... remember, opinions are like assholes... everyone has them... ;) ;) and your definition of rap isnt the global standard...

and morbius....

http://ghay.grendosa.com/homo.jpg
:lol: :lol: ...that is funny man :lol:

Schmiggy_JK23
04-25-2003, 11:31 PM
Y thank you... :lol:

Shady said it to the T... its not a white/black/yellow (Jin the azn rapper?) thing... its rap, its a culture, a message...

and morbius, keep those opinions to the anti rap thread, as there is no need for them in here.

scribblec
04-26-2003, 12:21 AM
jin is heavy
part of ruff ryers now
u should of heard him on freestyle friday
he wrecked the opossition

imtoshort
04-26-2003, 05:10 AM
eminmem is a wannabe

Schmiggy_JK23
04-26-2003, 06:32 AM
Ya... Jin on 106 and park, that was some hot shit... i have most of those freestyles, and he was, is crazy... some tight flows...