PDA

View Full Version : The Descent (2005)

Samurai
11-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Anyone seen it?

I think it's one of the best films this year... really got me jumping in parts too. If you like "Wrong Turn" I think you'll enjoy this. Download it if you see it ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435625/

A caving expedition goes horribly wrong, as the explorers become trapped and ultimately pursued by a strange breed of predators.

Trailer: http://film.virgin.net/synopsis/synopsis.asp?filmid=4332&sec=syn&pgtitle=movietrailersarchive

Cheese
11-11-2005, 02:23 PM
I thought I was downloading this film but ended up downloading a Luke Perry borefest called Descent :(

So, to keep this post on topic, be careful when downloading to make sure you are grabbing the right film...

hippychick
11-11-2005, 02:25 PM
I saw this movie back when "The Cave" came out.
Ur right it creeped me out, the things in the cave reminded me of Gollum from LOTR but alot nastier and the girls kept putting themselves in a loose, loose situation..Great flick from the UK.:01:

Samurai
11-11-2005, 02:29 PM
@ Chedder - Yup, I got my copy from NG's so not sure what you used. Wasn't it a verified you grabbed?

@ Chica - I watched "The Cave" when it got released and was pretty disappointed. This film knocks The Cave right out of the water. Quite a gamble making the cast all-female but seems to have paid off. Can't praise this film enough :)

NoX
11-11-2005, 07:31 PM
just watched it, not a bad movie but can someone explain the end bit?

manker
11-11-2005, 07:57 PM
I thought I was downloading this film but ended up downloading a Luke Perry borefest called Descent :(

So, to keep this post on topic, be careful when downloading to make sure you are grabbing the right film...
Exactly the same thing happened to me, I burnt it too without checking (:dry:) ... did you actually watch the Luke Perry borefest?

Dreadful isn't the word, I tried but didn't get past the first half hour.

Guyver
11-11-2005, 08:50 PM
watched it last weekend, its was good :D

enoughfakefiles
11-11-2005, 10:16 PM
watched it last weekend, its was good :D

The luke perry one.:unsure:

I watched it last weekend and thought it was a bit shite.:(

Maybe i'll download the luke perry one.:rolleyes:

despikable
11-24-2005, 08:48 PM
SPOILER ALERT

It wasnt a bad movie but the ending was kind of wierd its like she made it out and then it tells you she didnt. And if she didnt whats the whole point of the movie because all characters dies same way.

Busyman™
08-13-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm late as fuck. One of my boys had this movie (clear bootleg and not a DVDrip) about a year ago, gave me a copy and I never watched it.

This fucking movie is great! Not only did use of the creatures create for a terrifying experience but so did the cave itself.

Best bona fide horror/terror movie I've seen in quite awhile.

It has the gore, the story, the action, and suspense to garner an A+ rating!

Aaron_T
08-13-2006, 07:43 PM
I was round a mates house a few nights ago he suggested putting it on i thought why not.. i asked him if it was like any other movies.. he said yeah its a bit like the cave... so i decided i didnt want to watch it because i hated the cave.

is it any better?

mr. nails
08-13-2006, 07:55 PM
it's worse.

good2go38756
08-13-2006, 09:23 PM
It was ok ended up getting to watch it about 6-months ago....There was three movies that all got made around the same time "The Cave" the U.S. movie also "The Descent" the U.K. movie and last the low budget straight to video "WIthIN" aka "The Cavern" ............
A caving expedition goes horribly wrong when a couple
of people get trapped inside an unexplored cave
system. Things go from bad to worse when they realize
that they are being hunted by an entity living in
the cave. With no way out and a monster hunting them
down, it seems like this might be the end for these
poor explorers. Will anyone survive and what is this
mysterious creature dwelling in the cave system?............................here it is for anyone who would like to see :) http://www.supremetorrents.co.uk/details.php?id=11266

Busyman™
08-14-2006, 04:30 AM
I was round a mates house a few nights ago he suggested putting it on i thought why not.. i asked him if it was like any other movies.. he said yeah its a bit like the cave... so i decided i didnt want to watch it because i hated the cave.

is it any better?

I was surprised the The Cave was actually decent.:huh:

The Descent is better. Mind you I saw it at the movies last night but it captures a terror that The Cave does not. 2 women do some some dumb shit in the movie but it didn't detract from me liking it.

Just them exploring the cave made the movie good and then....the cella dwellas show up.

Watch it on big screen with surround sound for effect.

FreeDoom
08-17-2006, 03:16 AM
I went to saw this with high hopes but i must say it didn't impress me...it didn't even scare me...

StewieFanatic
08-18-2006, 02:16 AM
One of the best movies of the year I think. I saw the UK version and the US version. The UK version just ends differently. UK ending > US ending. I recommend you guys watch it.

scrambler
08-18-2006, 05:47 AM
which version would you recommend? uk one?

Busyman™
08-18-2006, 09:30 PM
One of the best movies of the year I think. I saw the UK version and the US version. The UK version just ends differently. UK ending > US ending. I recommend you guys watch it.

What's the difference...exactly? (spoiler tags please)

Busyman™
08-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Hmmm just found this movie review. (http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2006/08/john_reviews_the_descent.html) It sums it up nicely.

Also I just read about the UK ending. Stupid. The poster in the review sums that up.

DO NOT CLICK IF UNLESS YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET Here's the last 8 minutes and 39 seconds of the movie. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xJgAj8HbVs) The extra UK ending starts at the 7:16 mark. It's fucking stupid but it goes along with the poster.

The UK ending screws up a great movie. The US edit > UK ending.

Btw, Juno is fucking badass fo' sho.

Busyman™
08-18-2006, 09:49 PM
which version would you recommend? uk one?

hELL FUCKING NO.

hippychick
08-18-2006, 10:17 PM
I dl and watched the UK version a year ago.
I didnt like the ending at all! I was like WTF how depressing, why did I even waste my time on this movie.
It was a good movie up to the ending.
I heard the US version has a good ending, I may have to watch it again.

Busyman™
08-19-2006, 09:48 AM
I dl and watched the UK version a year ago.
I didnt like the ending at all! I was like WTF how depressing, why did I even waste my time on this movie.
It was a good movie up to the ending.
I heard the US version has a good ending, I may have to watch it again.

Go to the spoiler on post 19.

That is all. I hated the UK ending too. As one reviewer said, it's too ambiguous. The US ending is clear and concise.

sparkyspark
08-19-2006, 08:59 PM
We like to be clear and concise in the UK.

enjoy_with_me
08-20-2006, 01:27 AM
good but not gr8

Busyman™
08-20-2006, 01:33 AM
We like to be clear and concise in the UK.

Excellent, then watch the US version.

scrambler
08-20-2006, 11:07 PM
ok i've watched the descent now [after all the hype] and its really not a bad movie. Not as scary as i thought but it still gave me plenty of jumps. Recommended anyway.

I've been googling about the different endings and found out the us one didnt have the extra bit at the end. I'm glad i downloaded the uk one [well i couldnt find the us one] due to the extra bit, so now i can just ignore the extra bit at the end and treat it as the us version lol.

Skiz
09-11-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm going to see this next week. Alamo Drafthouse is doing a special screening inside Longhorn Caverns out in the hill country. :fear:

nizrulesall
09-14-2006, 12:28 AM
I thought this movie was weaksauce... thought it coulda been much scarier.

mr. nails
09-14-2006, 01:16 AM
which version did i have?

she exits the cave, dreams something (been awhile since i've watched) then she's back in the cave lost or dieing or something.

and is the other version necessary?

Busyman™
09-14-2006, 01:34 AM
which version did i have?

she exits the cave, dreams something (been awhile since i've watched) then she's back in the cave lost or dieing or something.

and is the other version necessary?

That's the brat version. The US version doesn't have the extra crap. I posted I link already.

imrad
09-18-2006, 04:29 PM
this was a booooring movie! I dont recommend it

hopemoon
11-18-2006, 03:04 AM
ty

tdoar
11-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Had it on my pc for a while now, gonna watch it soon. Thanks!

Seedling
11-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Hmm, I've been listening to my friends ranting on how great this movie is, and after reading your comments, it doesnt seem like a great movie at all :?

gustafo
11-21-2006, 03:47 PM
any resemblance with The Cave (2005) ?

Skiz
11-21-2006, 04:15 PM
any resemblance with The Cave (2005) ?

I have heard so, yes, though I have not seen The Cave. The Descent is not to be missed though.

hopemoon
11-25-2006, 06:15 PM
ty

Iceblade
11-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Personally i did not enjoy this movie...however i do feel that the plot was very clever,at times it was gripping ....inevitably i thought it was let down by a poor ending

Busyman™
11-26-2006, 03:22 AM
Personally i did not enjoy this movie...however i do feel that the plot was very clever,at times it was gripping ....inevitably i thought it was let down by a poor ending

You must be from the UK.

MagicNakor
11-26-2006, 07:52 AM
I kind of thought the entire film was rather silly... :dabs:

:shuriken:

covertmeat
11-26-2006, 10:25 PM
I didn' tlike it too much and it wasn't scary at all (might have been because i watched it with several friends though)

the monsters looked too much like humans and it's not scary just because they're running around and getting killed. It's scarier when it's more slow paced and with some mysterious danger that you don't really know what it is, if anyone know what I mean?

Gogen
01-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Every horror fan is doing themself a disservice by not going out and watching this film right now.

KilUA FST
02-05-2007, 02:50 AM
AWESOME MovIeeee

nvidia6800
02-05-2007, 11:48 AM
watched it and its good