PDA

View Full Version : Windows won't start

Keikan
11-12-2005, 05:52 AM
Using windows 2000 pro sp4, after i see the windows logo loading screen my computer goes into BSOD. It says that the driver "nbproxy.sys" couldn't load.
Even if i try to boot in safe mode. What's wrong?

should i just reinstall windows?

Vargas
11-12-2005, 06:31 AM
you could try booting from a floppy disk in drive A: to a dos prompt to access nbproxy.sys and replace it i guess
formatting might be easier if thats just the tip of the iceburg

Samurai
11-12-2005, 07:15 AM
try downloading that file from the web and saving it to floppy. boot up in safe mode and replace it (making sure it's in the correct place).

by the way i see no results for nbproxy.sys but i do for ndproxy.sys

if you've misspelt this file, remember that when you're asking for help with certain files to ENSURE that they're correct or you'll be getting the wrong advice.

Keikan
11-12-2005, 07:55 AM
ok now, its turned into "unknown hard error" and when i boot it says
"memory test failed press f1 or del"

bad ram?

also it can't boot the cd, it just freezes

took one stick of ram out, still get a memory test failed i don't even it see the win2k logo it just tells me that my bios is not acpi compliant

you know the pc was fine this morning

Darth Sushi
11-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Gremlins

Keikan
11-12-2005, 08:22 AM
hmm ok since i have 2 512mb stick of ram, and i don't use the second stick i switchted the stick from slot 2 to slot 1 took out the slot 1 stick and voila, no more failed mem tests, sucessfull boot, no more BSOD bad ram? what should i do with it? can i fix it? take it back to the store?

dodgy368
11-12-2005, 01:06 PM
hmm ok since i have 2 512mb stick of ram, and i don't use the second stick i switchted the stick from slot 2 to slot 1 took out the slot 1 stick and voila, no more failed mem tests, sucessfull boot, no more BSOD bad ram? what should i do with it? can i fix it? take it back to the store?
If it's still under warrantee then take it back to the store.

Keikan
11-12-2005, 09:44 PM
won't they not replace it since i tampered with the computer by taking the ram out?