PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Guerrero 1967-2005

BawA
11-14-2005, 11:14 AM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/splash/images/1564270
WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead Sunday morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and daughters Shaul, 14, Sherilyn, 9, and Kaylie Marie, 3.

The cause of death is unknown at this time. An autopsy will be performed in Minneapolis on Monday, and Eddie's body will then be flown to Phoenix. Funeral arrangements are set for Wednesday in Scottsdale, Arizona.
preconference
http://wwe.wmod.llnwd.net/a421/o2//smackdown/200511/eddiepressconf300.wmvss

so sad :(

Cheese
11-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Very sad news :(

Both Raw and Smackdown are going to be tribute shows this week and during TNA's PPV last night the crowd kept chanting Eddie's name. The man was one of the top ten greatest wrestlers imo and Smackdown won't be the same without him.

RIP http://www.onlinesports.com/images/phf-aagk170.gif

Busyman
11-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Never heard of him but I think I've seen him before.

I hope it wasn't steroid related.:(

Cheese
11-14-2005, 02:26 PM

He defiently used them in the past, not so sure about recently as he was supposed to be clean of all drugs for the last four years. But I guess the damage could have already been done. With someone like Dave Meltzer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Meltzer) saying that maybe 90% of the WWE talent were/are 'juicing' we're likely to see more early deaths, this one certainly isn't the first with Big Bossman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bossman), British Bulldog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Smith_%28wrestler%29), Mr Perfect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Perfect) and Hawk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hegstrand)all gone with problems related to steoids (mostly enlarged hearts being a culprit in their deaths).

Busyman
11-14-2005, 02:47 PM

He defiently used them in the past, not so sure about recently as he was supposed to be clean of all drugs for the last four years. But I guess the damage could have already been done. With someone like Dave Meltzer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Meltzer) saying that maybe 90% of the WWE talent were/are 'juicing' we're likely to see more early deaths, this one certainly isn't the first with Big Bossman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bossman), British Bulldog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Smith_%28wrestler%29), Mr Perfect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Perfect) and Hawk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hegstrand)all gone with problems related to steoids (mostly enlarged hearts being a culprit in their deaths).
One of British Bulldogs died from that? Weren't they the brothers (looked almost like twins)?

Since wrestling isn't a real sport, it is ripe for steroid use. There's no real oversight (Vince was on it).

However, steroid use is rampant in other real sports so I doubt we'll see that many deaths in the WWE. How many is too much though? :(

ziggyjuarez
11-14-2005, 03:09 PM
http://wwe.wmod.llnwd.net/a421/o2//smackdown/200511/eddiepressconf300.wmv

S!X
11-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Just saw this on the news, Sad...:(

Ricey
11-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Yes, Eddie was a legend. One of the few guys to break through the glass ceiling in wrestling [because he wasn't 300lbs he was pretty much overlooked most of his career].

He defiently used them [steroids] in the past, not so sure about recently as he was supposed to be clean of all drugs for the last four years.

That's actually not true, contrary to popular belief. His drug abuse was through Alocohol and Prescription drugs. And yes, he has been clean since 2001.

Mr JP Fugley
11-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Such a shame. I saw him a couple of times, really knew how to work the crowd.

RIP

maebach
11-14-2005, 08:23 PM
My friend told me today, I remember when he won the championship last year, too bad hes gone now.

Guyver
11-14-2005, 11:35 PM
ya so sad, i remember him back in the day when he had a mullet, that was awsome lol

RIP:(

i heard it was a brain anurism or he was addicted to painkillers, and that killed him or sumthin..

twisterX
11-14-2005, 11:57 PM
RIP

Man its like you see him wrestling one week and dont even think about him not being there one day.

I mean we just like saw him and now we wont ever see him again. :(

worldpease
11-15-2005, 01:14 AM
i just found out about it,
I still can't believe it. My paisano.

Monkeee
11-16-2005, 04:10 AM
Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report
Nov. 15, 2005
After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.
“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.
As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.
When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).
I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.
We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.
I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.
Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.
All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/causeofdeath

RIP Eddie Guerrero. Huge Loss for WWE. :( I'm glad its not anything like a suicide.

davec8
11-16-2005, 07:25 AM
He was a phenomenal wrestler and a fantastic person. He will be greatly missed. RIP Eddie.

One of British Bulldogs died from that? Weren't they the brothers (looked almost like twins)?
Davey Boy Smith died of a heart attack because of an enlarged heart from years of steroid use.
No they weren't brothers and what the hell were you watching on tv? They look absolutely nothing alike.

Monkeee
11-17-2005, 01:50 AM
Eddie Guerrero Tribute Video

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/494606/1515310/1581782/3tdeddietribvid

davec8
11-17-2005, 03:11 AM
For those of you interested in helping out Eddie's Family and getting something to remember him by, the WWE has come out with a tribute t-shirt.

All proceeds will be donated to the family of Eddie Guerrero. You can order the t-shirt in the WWE shopzone http://shopzone.wwe.com/Product_detail.asp?cat=cat-EddieGuerrero&productId=01-07500

I'm gonna order mine tomorrow.

manker
11-17-2005, 03:17 AM
Wtf? It's not like they're poor or anything.

Hopefully they won't be keeping the money but donating it to some people who might need it.

Busyman
11-17-2005, 01:36 PM
For those of you interested in helping out Eddie's Family and getting something to remember him by, the WWE has come out with a tribute t-shirt.

All proceeds will be donated to the family of Eddie Guerrero. You can order the t-shirt in the WWE shopzone http://shopzone.wwe.com/Product_detail.asp?cat=cat-EddieGuerrero&productId=01-07500

I'm gonna order mine tomorrow.
:dry:

Mr JP Fugley
11-17-2005, 04:23 PM

Hopefully they won't be keeping the money but donating it to some people who might need it.
I know you have banking contacts, but how pray tell did you become aware of the Widow Guerrero's financial position so quickly.

The man admitted to having a serious drugs / drink problem for years and died at 38. It is quite possible that he has left little behind.

In expectation of Busyman saying "well it's his own fault", it does not follow that it is also his wife and children's.

I myself will not be buying said item, however if others do, why not. We choose who and what we want to support, based on our own conscience.

Busyman
11-17-2005, 04:39 PM

I know you have banking contacts, but how pray tell did you become aware of the Widow Guerrero's financial position so quickly.

The man admitted to having a serious drugs / drink problem for years and died at 38. It is quite possible that he has left little behind.

In expectation of Busyman saying "well it's his own fault", it does not follow that it is also his wife and children's.

I myself will not be buying said item, however if others do, why not. We choose who and what we want to support, based on our own conscience.
I would have never said it's his own fault. :snooty:

I guess it is kinda good IF a person wanted a t-shirt anyway.

Otherwise it's his widowed wife and kids fault.

Cheese
11-17-2005, 04:47 PM
I'll grab a shirt if I can at tomorrow's show. The guy was a legend.

Mr JP Fugley
11-17-2005, 05:06 PM

What was is widowed wife and kids' fault.

Busyman
11-17-2005, 05:27 PM

What was is widowed wife and kids' fault.
Not looking after him better and being there for him.

Also all the money that he made they spent it up frivolously.:ermm:

Barbarossa
11-17-2005, 05:31 PM
That's wives and kids for ya! :dabs:

manker
11-17-2005, 05:48 PM

I myself will not be buying said item, however if others do, why not. We choose who and what we want to support, based on our own conscience.I read that he's from a famous wrastlin' family. I supposed that even if he had blown his personal fortune, there would be enough in the family pot to feed and clothe the young 'uns.

If I am wrong and they are indeed as worthy of charity as, say, your common or garden Somalian, then furry muff. I would deem it a worthwhile cause.

However, if it turns out that as the situation stands, before any whip-around, they are able to be clothed, fed and housed then my original thoughts remain vaild.

This is not to say that some folk wouldn't prefer to donate to the widow of a guy who made millions, I'm sure they will. It's just that I would not. My original, hastily written, post was indicating that I did not deem the late Eddie Guerrero's family as in need of receiving donations.

Mr JP Fugley
11-17-2005, 06:13 PM
I have absolutely no idea how much he left behind. I don't even know if he made millions. It certainly seems that he spent plenty.

Your original just seemed a little harsh (for you), you normally speak more from a position of knowledge, rather than what appeared to be conjecture.

Busyman
11-17-2005, 06:15 PM
I have absolutely no idea how much he left behind. I don't even know if he made millions. It certainly seems that he spent plenty.

Your original just seemed a little harsh (for you), you normally speak more from a position of knowledge, rather than what appeared to be conjecture.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Besides that, 'is wife n' kids spunt the mooney.

manker
11-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Yeah, it was conjecture and possibly a tad harsh.

However, if I was a betting man and if it were possible, I'd put a bit on his kiddies being financially better off than the average American youngster.

JordoR
12-14-2005, 03:41 AM
I don't want to make myself look like an asshole here and I'm truly sorry that he passed away, but last time I checked WWE was fake. There was a website going over his accomplisments in his career and how he won the WWE title, but he didn't really win anything because it's all a big soap opera. It has been noted that he was one of the ten greatest wrestlers but I mean how can you determine who's the greatest, if the winners of the wrestling matches is determined by owners like vince mcmahon. It almost seems random sometimes that a wrestler is on top and then suddenly he goes in a slump just because he has become a bit unpopular.

Like I said above, I don't want to create the impression that I'm a big asshole who pokes fun at dead wrestlers, but this is just my opinion on the matter.

Cheese
12-14-2005, 04:05 AM
I don't want to make myself look like an asshole here and I'm truly sorry that he passed away, but last time I checked WWE was fake. There was a website going over his accomplisments in his career and how he won the WWE title, but he didn't really win anything because it's all a big soap opera. It has been noted that he was one of the ten greatest wrestlers but I mean how can you determine who's the greatest, if the winners of the wrestling matches is determined by owners like vince mcmahon. It almost seems random sometimes that a wrestler is on top and then suddenly he goes in a slump just because he has become a bit unpopular.

Like I said above, I don't want to create the impression that I'm a big asshole who pokes fun at dead wrestlers, but this is just my opinion on the matter.

You've realised that it is fake but you just can't make that leap as to why he would be considered "one of the ten greatest". It's pretty simple. For a lot of people he was one of the best at putting on a fake match.

His winning a fake title is still an acomplishment, he was considered to be good enough to be the company's representative. Vince McMahon (and others, most likely) decided he was deserving of that position by dint of his popularity and ability. The former might seem random to you but I think it has a lot to do with charisma and attitude as well.

Finally, I think Eddie would not want to be remembered in a way that unnessecarily reminds us of the fourth wall. He would have wanted the show to go on.

Cheese
12-14-2005, 04:07 AM
However, if I was a betting man and if it were possible, I'd put a bit on his kiddies being financially better off than the average American youngster.

Being Mexican gives them a head-start already.:unsure:

Busyman
12-14-2005, 02:17 PM

I had never heard of Eddie Guerrero 'till this thread.

True, I do hate when they call them "wrestlers" 'cause it gives legitimacy to what they do as being a sport.

Ricey
12-14-2005, 05:16 PM

True, I do hate when they call them "wrestlers" 'cause it gives legitimacy to what they do as being a sport.

What do you want them to be called? They're in WRESTLING so they are WRESTLERS.

I hate it when they call Bill Gates an "Entrepreneur" because it gives legitimacy to what he did as starting a business. Let's call him a janitor instead.

You fucking idiot.

Cheese
12-14-2005, 07:08 PM

I hate it when they call Bill Gates an "Entrepreneur" because it gives legitimacy to what he did as starting a business. Let's call him a janitor instead.

You fucking idiot.
Whilst I applaud your appraisal of Busyman I fear you are falling for his trap. He'll be along to inform you that they are glorified stuntmen or physical actors.

Personally, I have no problem with the word "wrestler" being used to describe these sports entertainment stars as a word can have more than one meaning. To me "wrestler", in the right context, can mean someone who performs an unique art form of physical story telling.

No-one but children believe it is real so I see no need to worry about legitimacy. This isn't the 80's anymore and wrestling is no longer trying to market itself as a sport.

As a further aside, most of the guys are actually wrestlers in the real sense of the word as they come from amateur wrestling backgrounds. Kurt Angle (Olympic gold medalist no less), Bobby Lashly, Shelton Benjamin, etc.

manker
12-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Personally, I have no problem with the word "wrestler" being used to describe these sports entertainment stars as a word can have more than one meaning. To me "wrestler", in the right context, can mean someone who performs an unique art form of physical story telling.The verb 'wrestle' literally means to grapple with someone or something, which these folk undoubtedly do.

You see, the 'trap' wasn't properly thought thro' as the term wrestle certainly pre-dates the sport of wrestling so exponents of this fine art (:ermm:) can be called wrestlers with no cause for morons like Busyman to get all teary.

Busyman
12-16-2005, 07:00 PM

You fucking idiot.
Ok bitch, it's fake wrestling then. If you also read instead of sucking WWE ass, I said, '"wrestlers" 'cause it gives legitimacy to what they do as being a sport."

So STFU. It's an action sitcom (it seems you didn't know that:O ). If you like it, great, but seriously, go fuck yourself.

I saw the movie Vision Quest. Matthew Modine is a wrestler.