PDA

View Full Version : How do u buy movie tickets in advance?

abu_has_the_power
11-16-2005, 12:38 AM
i need to get tickets to the midnite showing of gof on thursday. i'm pretty sure buying them @ the theater on thursday wouldn't work. how do i buy tickets in advance?

Busyman
11-16-2005, 01:33 AM
i need to get tickets to the midnite showing of gof on thursday. i'm pretty sure buying them @ the theater on thursday wouldn't work. how do i buy tickets in advance?
www.fandango.com
www.movietickets.com

For movietickets.com get a Movie Watcher card. With that there is no service charge (normally a dollar) and you get stuff like free popcorn and whatnot.

For both, get 1 adult ticket and the rest children's tickets. Split the cost evenly and everyone saves money.

abu_has_the_power
11-16-2005, 02:04 AM
do i have to pay for the movie watcher card?

also, can i just go to the theater like today to buy tickets?

Busyman
11-16-2005, 03:16 AM
do i have to pay for the movie watcher card?

also, can i just go to the theater like today to buy tickets?
Movie Watcher is free and yes you should.

Movie Tickets and Fandango deal are sorta proprietary.

Mainly Movie Tickets is AMC/Regal and Fandango is Cineplex Odeon/Loews.

So to buy a ticket at a Cineplex theater you have use Fandango. Movie Tickets will give you the showtimes but online ticketing won't happen for that chain.

I went to see Chicken Little at a Cineplex theater Saturday and printed my tickets at home. I bypassed the box office entirely and went straight to the ticket tearer. You don't even have to go to a kiosk which would have been ok .

abu_has_the_power
11-16-2005, 04:04 AM
yea, about that. in their help section on movietickets.com, it says that u can completely bypass the wait in line @ the box office. so how does that work? i'm assuming u pick up ur tickets there. u still have to give them ur credit card right?

Busyman
11-16-2005, 05:08 AM
yea, about that. in their help section on movietickets.com, it says that u can completely bypass the wait in line @ the box office. so how does that work? i'm assuming u pick up ur tickets there. u still have to give them ur credit card right?
1. Buy tickets online.

2. Go to theater kiosk.

3. Swipe credit card used to purchase tickets.

4. Out pops tickets and freebies.

5. Go movie now

6. Movie suck bad.

7. Can't get money back but at least convenient way to lose money in first place.

abu_has_the_power
11-16-2005, 05:43 AM
lol

oh, u mean the little online ticket thingy? oh, now i get it. ok. that makes sense

Flav_cool
11-21-2005, 06:51 PM
www.fandango.com
www.movietickets.com

For movietickets.com get a Movie Watcher card. With that there is no service charge (normally a dollar) and you get stuff like free popcorn and whatnot.

For both, get 1 adult ticket and the rest children's tickets. Split the cost evenly and everyone saves money.

How does buying 1 adult ticket and the rest children work?

Gripper
11-21-2005, 07:03 PM
In Britain you can go in and buy your cinema tickets in advance of the showing,my m-i-l did this for me for LOTR more than a week in advance

Busyman
11-21-2005, 08:44 PM
In Britain you can go in and buy your cinema tickets in advance of the showing,my m-i-l did this for me for LOTR more than a week in advance
That's what we've been talking about.:huh:

Busyman
11-21-2005, 08:47 PM
www.fandango.com
www.movietickets.com

How does buying 1 adult ticket and the rest children work?
Buy 1 adult and the rest children. You have to buy at least one adult ticket for an R rated movie if there are children's tickets. Even for other movies, it looks less suspicious.

Just don't have all of the adults around you if you are buying at the box office. The ticket tearer doesn't check such things.

Flav_cool
11-21-2005, 10:06 PM
But I don't see how the adults are going to get in w/ the children's tickets when the entrance person actually checks the ticket.

Busyman
11-21-2005, 11:48 PM
But I don't see how the adults are going to get in w/ the children's tickets when the entrance person actually checks the ticket.
They never have for me.

Gripper
11-22-2005, 02:11 PM
I know,what I meant other than buying online,he can physically go in and buy from the box office in advance with cash or credit card;)

Busyman
11-22-2005, 02:23 PM
I know,what I meant other than buying online,he can physically go in and buy from the box office in advance with cash or credit card;)
You didn't say that though.:unsure:

Also, I thought that was obvious but abu did ask specifically and I didn't answer, sry.:(

@abu - so yes, of course you can buy the tickets at the theater in advance.

abu_has_the_power
11-22-2005, 03:08 PM
yea. i just bought the tickets the nite b4. i should that card thing

Gripper
11-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Sortes and sorted

swifty
11-22-2005, 09:13 PM
ticketmaster

Busyman
11-22-2005, 10:39 PM
ticketmaster