PDA

View Full Version : Australia Finally Going To The Motherfucking World Cup!!!!!!!!

Adster
11-16-2005, 12:46 PM
about dam time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheese
11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Good stuff, I always want Australia to qualify but they have such a hard task of it (having to get past South American opposition in qualifiers). Maybe England can get revenge for that friendly defeat in 2003...

Full story (http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=325542&cpid=4&CLID=&lid=2&title=Australia+seal+World+Cup+berth&channel=football_home)

manker
11-16-2005, 01:01 PM
When you look at the shite getitng thro' from the concacaf and asia, it does seem particularly h4r5h that the Aussies have to play a S. American team in order to qualify. The Oceania group should have one qualifier by right.

Nice one, Aussie lads (except Kewell, 'cos he prolly wasn't trying).

Cheese
11-16-2005, 01:06 PM
When you look at the shite getitng thro' from the concacaf and asia, it does seem particularly h4r5h that the Aussies have to play a S. American team in order to qualify. The Oceania group should have one qualifier by right.

I reckon this qualification and, hopefully, a good run could see them stake a claim for a proper qualifying berth (for their qualifying region of course).

Though if they do they'll probably take it from the Europeans...:dry:

Adster
11-16-2005, 01:08 PM
wasn't that england defeat against a england team minus just about all their players??? lol

anyway yeah finally since 1974 i still remember that heartbreaking lose against Argentina leading 2 -0 and loosing it to miss the world cup

Adster
11-16-2005, 01:12 PM
forgot to mention yeah it sux we have to play the asian teams to get there and someoen like the USA who really dont understnad or care much for football get there easy .....

Cheese
11-16-2005, 01:14 PM
wasn't that england defeat against a england team minus just about all their players??? lol

anyway yeah finally since 1974 i still remember that heartbreaking lose against Argentina leading 2 -0 and loosing it to miss the world cup

I thought that qualifier was against Iran?:unsure:

Adster
11-16-2005, 01:15 PM

I thought that qualifier was against Iran?:unsure:

no that was another time I dont want to be reminded of lol

Barbarossa
11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Well done Australia! :01:

Adster
11-16-2005, 01:58 PM
yay all teh streets here are full of yobos yelling and screaming with beer here at 1am !!

Barbarossa
11-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Just a normal night out in Sydney then... :dabs:

Adster
11-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Just a normal night out in Sydney then... :dabs:

thats prety much true!! im glad I live in teh country

keith123
11-16-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm delighted they got through! Gus Hiddink (bad spelling) is a good manager and you'll do well to get to the 2nd round.

Busyman
11-16-2005, 06:56 PM
forgot to mention yeah it sux we have to play the asian teams to get there and someoen like the USA who really dont understnad or care much for football get there easy .....
Thas cuz we gots skillz, b.

Don't let us start playin' grasshopper..:unsure: ....I mean cricket.

Mr JP Fugley
11-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Thas cuz we gots skillz, b.

Don't let us start playin' grasshopper..:unsure: ....I mean cricket.
You're also ranked 7th in the World.

jetje
11-16-2005, 09:55 PM
what else did everyone expect, They had a Dutch coach!
Korea has a dutch coach and is qualified
Trinidad and tobaco have a dutch coach and are qualified
And the dutch have a dutch coach and are qualified.... !

well i guess you all know what i mean :)

manker
11-16-2005, 10:33 PM

well i guess you all know what i mean :)The Dutch league is shit and all the best Dutch managers ply their trade abroad?

Mr JP Fugley
11-16-2005, 10:43 PM

well i guess you all know what i mean :)The Dutch league is shit and all the best Dutch managers ply their trade abroad?
To a Welshman everywhere is abroad :blink:

Other than Wales obviousement.

manker
11-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Well, yeah :unsure:

FYI - abroad sucks, I know 'cos I've been there.

Mr JP Fugley
11-16-2005, 10:58 PM
FYI - a broad sucks, I know 'cos I've been there.
Name names :naughty:

manker
11-16-2005, 11:08 PM
FYI - a broad sucks, I know 'cos I've been there.
Name names :naughty:I'll never name names, but I'll depict pics:

http://www.abstracthiphop.com/hip-hop-honeys/darlene_crawford_pool_table.jpg

She insisted on doing the Haka before secks :dabs:

Mr JP Fugley
11-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Name names :naughty:I'll never name names, but I'll depict pics:

http://www.abstracthiphop.com/hip-hop-honeys/darlene_crawford_pool_table.jpg

She insisted on doing the Haka before secks :dabs:
That makes me think of a really ugly burd, with a big arse and manlegs, in front of a decent game of pool.

I wouldn't, even with yours.

Adster
11-16-2005, 11:22 PM
its time likes thees where now I will call soccer football

Its still hard to believe we actually did it

@ busyman

in Australia we play all sports unlike other countries

Rugby Uniion
Rugby League
Soccer-Football
Gayfl (AFl)
Cricket
basketball (one of our players got first round draft choise in america)

we do have Gridiron teams and baseball of caue not up to US standard though LOL but teh NFL is pretty popular here

Europe pretty much just have their football-soccer

UK
Football-Scoccer
League
Union

US
American Football
NBA
Baseball
NHL

So yeah Australia have the most varitey in sports where also more accepting in sports unlike other countries

manker
11-16-2005, 11:26 PM
lol adster missed out that we play teh cricket in the uk lolzzzzz

Adster
11-16-2005, 11:42 PM
This is bigger then winning the Americas Cup back in the early 80s

http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5075839,00.jpg

Adster
11-16-2005, 11:43 PM

LOL i did too

btw nice loss against the pakis!!!!

Mr JP Fugley
11-16-2005, 11:43 PM
and t'arras

Mr JP Fugley
11-16-2005, 11:44 PM

LOL i did too

:O

manker
11-16-2005, 11:52 PM
This is bigger then winning the Americas Cup back in the early 80s Football bigger than boating - no waiiiii :o

manker
11-16-2005, 11:53 PM

LOL i did too

:OFecking Pakis :o

Busyman
11-17-2005, 12:00 AM
its time likes thees where now I will call soccer football

Its still hard to believe we actually did it

@ busyman

in Australia we play all sports unlike other countries

Rugby Uniion
Rugby League
Soccer-Football
Gayfl (AFl)
Cricket
basketball (one of our players got first round draft choise in america)

we do have Gridiron teams and baseball of caue not up to US standard though LOL but teh NFL is pretty popular here

Europe pretty much just have their football-soccer

UK
Football-Scoccer
League
Union

US
American Football
NBA
Baseball
NHL

So yeah Australia have the most varitey in sports where also more accepting in sports unlike other countries

You forgot MLS...Major League Soccer, Arena Football, and Gravity Games (I've been watching recently and love it:D )

There's more but have tons of choices....we don't have cricket though.

Since we have baseball, I doubt cricket will make any headway.

Adster
11-17-2005, 01:10 AM
people say cricket is boring and it can be at times but my god I have tried watching baseball thats good sleeping pills !

i think the US dp have a cricket team actully

hey at least teh dutch qualified for the cricket world cup LOL

maebach
11-17-2005, 03:43 AM
I just found out today Canada's national soccer team is 86th in the world ! :lol:

Barbarossa
11-17-2005, 09:39 AM
That's only 'cos they won't let grizzly bears play... :dabs:

jetje
11-17-2005, 10:43 AM

sais someone from Wales :P
The dutch leaguea ain't shite, simple fact. The dutch national squad is ranked 3th on the FIFA list in the world, and there are 10 players in the dutch squad that still play in that 'according to you' shite league.
Also we have severall teams reaching pretty far in the european leagues....
PSV-Eindhoven half-final champions league, AZ Alkmaar quarter final eufa-cup.

But then again, i'm telling this to someone from Wales ;) How's your league? :lol:

Barbarossa
11-17-2005, 11:06 AM
I think he was just trying to wind you up. Luckily you are too chilled-out to fall for such an obvious trick... :blink:

Adster
11-17-2005, 11:19 AM
to bad teh dutch choke evey world cup
a shame I am always supporting them in the world cup when Aust hasn't been there

Busyman
11-17-2005, 01:35 PM
I think he was just trying to wind you up. Luckily you are too chilled-out to fall for such an obvious trick... :blink:
.....or simply pointing out facts..:unsure:

Adster
11-17-2005, 02:09 PM
bussyman is from zimbarbwee???? LMAO yeah the best cricket team ever!!!

Busyman
11-17-2005, 02:17 PM
people say cricket is boring and it can be at times but my god I have tried watching baseball thats good sleeping pills !

i think the US dp have a cricket team actully

hey at least teh dutch qualified for the cricket world cup LOL
I wish they would play cricket here. It seems more exciting than baseball.

I like almost all sports from Rugby Union to basketball.

I like Union 'cause the games are exciting and short. 30 minutes and done.

manker
11-17-2005, 03:01 PM

well i guess you all know what i mean The Dutch league is shit and all the best Dutch managers ply their trade abroad?

The dutch leaguea ain't shite, simple fact. The dutch national squad is ranked 3th on the FIFA list in the world, and there are 10 players in the dutch squad that still play in that 'according to you' shite league.

But then again, i'm telling this to someone from Wales ;) How's your league? :lol:I wasn't comparing it to the Welsh league, I am fully aware that the Welsh soccer league isn't good. I don't brag about it. Wales is a nation of three million people who play rugby, not football. We're quite good at rugby, not so hot at football. Think of me as an objective football fan.

I was stating a simple fact to answer your question, you asked if we knew what you meant, I did - the best Dutch managers AND players go abroad because the Dutch league is rubbish. It's a good nursery for the better clubs to get good players because Dutch folk are nuts about footie and every young boy wants to pull on an orange shirt. Man United will be forever grateful to PSV and Barcelona should really pay a subsidy to the Dutch FA since they've been signing any Dutch bloke who looks half decent for nearly 30 years.

Holland cannot keep up financially with other leagues in Europe, so their league suffers and their top talent leaves in order to fulfil their potential and benefit the national team. I would say that the recent success of Holland internationally has much more to do with foreign leagues and their high level of coaching than anything in the Dutch leagues.

Those ten Dutch league players in the Dutch squad won't be in the team for much longer if they stay in that league. They won't be able to test themselves against decent players if they stay there, they have to go to better leagues, like the Premiership and La Liga, to further their development as players.

Same with managers, they could stay in the Dutch league and manage second and third rate players but only if they move abroad will they get the chance to work with world class players. Look at Martin Jol, he is an excellent coach who worked wonders with Waalwijk (sp?) but he decided to move to a mediocre English team, yes Spurs were very ordinary when he joined.

There is no denying that the Netherlands produces players and managers of the highest calibre but compared with Serie A, The Premiership and La Liga - even the Bundesliga - your league has a couple of goodish teams but overall, it is rubbish, akin to the Scottish or lower division of the English Leagues

Sure, a lot better than Wales - but then I'm not the one bragging, am I :)

Cheese
11-17-2005, 03:28 PM
The Dutch league is shit and all the best Dutch managers ply their trade abroad?

But then again, i'm telling this to someone from Wales ;) How's your league? :lol:

Go roll over for the Nazis.

Barbarossa
11-17-2005, 03:42 PM
I like Union 'cause the games are exciting and short. 30 minutes and done.

Are you sure? :blink:

Barbarossa
11-17-2005, 03:44 PM
But then again, i'm telling this to someone from Wales ;) How's your league? :lol:I wasn't comparing it to the Welsh league, I am fully aware that the Welsh soccer league isn't good. I don't brag about it. Wales is a nation of three million people who play rugby, not football. We're quite good at rugby, not so hot at football. Think of me as an objective football fan.

I was stating a simple fact to answer your question, you asked if we knew what you meant, I did - the best Dutch managers AND players go abroad because the Dutch league is rubbish. It's a good nursery for the better clubs to get good players because Dutch folk are nuts about footie and every young boy wants to pull on an orange shirt. Man United will be forever grateful to PSV and Barcelona should really pay a subsidy to the Dutch FA since they've been signing any Dutch bloke who looks half decent for nearly 30 years.

Holland cannot keep up financially with other leagues in Europe, so their league suffers and their top talent leaves in order to fulfil their potential and benefit the national team. I would say that the recent success of Holland internationally has much more to do with foreign leagues and their high level of coaching than anything in the Dutch leagues.

Those ten Dutch league players in the Dutch squad won't be in the team for much longer if they stay in that league. They won't be able to test themselves against decent players if they stay there, they have to go to better leagues, like the Premiership and La Liga, to further their development as players.

Same with managers, they could stay in the Dutch league and manage second and third rate players but only if they move abroad will they get the chance to work with world class players. Look at Martin Jol, he is an excellent coach who worked wonders with Waalwijk (sp?) but he decided to move to a mediocre English team, yes Spurs were very ordinary when he joined.

There is no denying that the Netherlands produces players and managers of the highest calibre but compared with Serie A, The Premiership and La Liga - even the Bundesliga - your league has a couple of goodish teams but overall, it is rubbish, akin to the Scottish or lower division of the English Leagues

Busyman
11-17-2005, 04:15 PM
I wasn't comparing it to the Welsh league, I am fully aware that the Welsh soccer league isn't good. I don't brag about it. Wales is a nation of three million people who play rugby, not football. We're quite good at rugby, not so hot at football. Think of me as an objective football fan.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

manker
11-17-2005, 05:56 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:Did you miss it where Barbie wrote exactly the same thing to me after jetje origianally replied. He doesn't really believe that jetje was having a larf :rolleyes:

Busy, neither of us are rodding. Jetje firmly believes that the Dutch league is good, I think it's shite. We're having a conversation about it.

Busyman
11-17-2005, 06:04 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:Did you miss it where Barbie wrote exactly the same thing to me after jetje origianally replied. He doesn't really believe that jetje was having a larf :rolleyes:

Busy, neither of us are rodding. Jetje firmly believes that the Dutch league is good, I think it's shite. We're having a conversation about it.
Stop explaining, mank.

The fact he used it again (exactly) was what was funny. Put a fancy font on it with a background and it's a badge.

Mr JP Fugley
11-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Jetje firmly believes that the Dutch league is good, I think it's shite.
It's neither.

Did I mention I'm from Scotland, at all.

manker
11-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Did you miss it where Barbie wrote exactly the same thing to me after jetje origianally replied. He doesn't really believe that jetje was having a larf :rolleyes:

Stop explaining, mank.

The fact he used it again (exactly) was what was funny. Put a fancy font on it with a background and it's a badge.Feck, you got it!

My bad, I assumed you wouldn't have.

manker
11-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Jetje firmly believes that the Dutch league is good, I think it's shite.
It's neither.

Did I mention I'm from Scotland, at all.Maybe the conversation will end in a happy compromise, I've given a little in saying that it's a poor league with a couple of good teams, which is precisely what it is.

Maybe jetje will agree, who knows.

Your Jockishness allows you to paint a picture in your mind of my scenario - altho' t'Jam Tarts were making a good of a fist of it before they imploded at board level.

Busyman
11-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Stop explaining, mank.

The fact he used it again (exactly) was what was funny. Put a fancy font on it with a background and it's a badge.Feck, you got it!

I usually do, mank, but the banter is funny or simply unboring enough to keep going.

manker
11-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Feck, you got it!

I usually do, mank, but the banter is funny or simply unboring enough to keep going.See, that's why I think it's pointless arguing with you because you see the point but prefer to argue anyhow.

I keep doing it, tho' :shutup:

Mr JP Fugley
11-17-2005, 09:04 PM
Your Jockishness allows you to paint a picture in your mind of my scenario - altho' t'Jam Tarts were making a good of a fist of it before they imploded at board level.
Which was noice.

Busyman
11-17-2005, 11:35 PM
I usually do, mank, but the banter is funny or simply unboring enough to keep going.See, that's why I think it's pointless arguing with you because you see the point but prefer to argue anyhow.

I keep doing it, tho' :shutup:
I get bored during the day. Honestly, many of my opinions are real and at odds with your status quo. When you start getting loud, I play along.

Adster
11-18-2005, 12:51 AM
bussyman you said you liked union and think tis exciting you should watch rugby league it shits all over union it terms of excitement they actually try to score trys now penalty goals and drop goals

in fact when Denver broncos came here for a pre season game one year they watched a game John Elway and Shannaham loved the game of League found it exicitng and were amazed we didnt stop for a commerical breal

ok i sound Biased but league was what I was brought up on union just puts me to sleep

peat moss
11-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Good on you ozzies , mabye one day I can post Canada has qualified too . We beat Luxemburg 1-0 tho . :lol:

maebach
11-18-2005, 03:08 AM
Luxembourg is ranked around 120th in teh world :lol:

manker
11-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Luxembourg is ranked around 120th in teh world :lol::ermm:

Cheese
11-18-2005, 12:57 PM

That's 'cos they rolled over for the Nazis.

Busyman
11-18-2005, 01:52 PM
bussyman you said you liked union and think tis exciting you should watch rugby league it shits all over union it terms of excitement they actually try to score trys now penalty goals and drop goals

in fact when Denver broncos came here for a pre season game one year they watched a game John Elway and Shannaham loved the game of League found it exicitng and were amazed we didnt stop for a commerical breal

ok i sound Biased but league was what I was brought up on union just puts me to sleep
I don't think they show Rugby League here. Rugby Union either comes on INHD or ESPN; I can't remember which and I don't watch it often.

I used to watch English League Soccer from time to time on PPV.

Rugby and football are so different though that I wonder why people compare them.

Besides the gameplay mechanics, football is more about setting up the play.

Rugby (and soccer actually) are more anarchistic. It's like watching a boxing match or something.

I wish we got AFL here. :(

Why was Elway amazed there was no commercial break?

Adster
11-19-2005, 09:51 AM
yeah American football is a strategy game a lot like chess

not so much the commercial break but that fact that when you go to a game the game doesn't stop for a commercial break if you know what I mean.. its like TRY kicked the goal Kickoff straight away when your actually at the game

nostalgia
11-19-2005, 12:15 PM
The Dutch league is shit and all the best Dutch managers ply their trade abroad?

Well, I'm from The Netherlands but I totally agree with Manker's vision. The Dutch league is perfect for gaining experience for younger players before moving to the big competitions.

maebach
11-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Here's teh penalty shootout posted by AsiaPlate:

http://media.putfile.com/penalty1
sorry if anobody else has posted it before

peat moss
11-19-2005, 03:23 PM

My point son . :D

Busyman
11-19-2005, 03:28 PM
yeah American football is a strategy game a lot like chess

not so much the commercial break but that fact that when you go to a game the game doesn't stop for a commercial break if you know what I mean.. its like TRY kicked the goal Kickoff straight away when your actually at the game
aHHH.

There's nothing like see a football team run the Counter Tray or HB Option and seeing it work...

..or the quarterback getting in trouble surrounded by defenders and he runs for 19 yards for the 1st down...

Busyman
11-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Here's teh penalty shootout posted by AsiaPlate:

http://media.putfile.com/penalty1
sorry if anobody else has posted it before
Noice.:D

HeavyMetalParkingLot
11-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Now lets see you guys get to the PDGA finals!

Celerystalksme
11-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Im buying the DVD of it on Friday...fuck that was an awsome game.