PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 available online Nov. 18th

SingaBoiy
11-17-2005, 06:33 AM
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=136791&SESSIONLINK&cm_re=Video%20Game%20Microsite-_-navigation-_-Xbox%20360

Only ploblem is you have to get it with a package. But you need the games anyways :rolleyes:

Im gonna wait til Tues. morning and get mine before I go to work though :ph34r:

cpt_azad
11-17-2005, 06:36 AM
nice, im still gonna wait a year or so, better games, cheaper, and modding possibilities :)

Guyver
11-17-2005, 06:40 AM
wish i could buy one when they come out, but i have to buy a car first, then a xbox360 lol

S!X
11-17-2005, 06:46 AM
wish i could buy one when they come out, but i have to buy a car first, then a xbox360 lol

More useful things come first :)

SingaBoiy
11-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Does anyone have a list of stores that will have it first day? No pre-order stores.

I know of:
Bestbuy
Circuit City
Wal-Mart
Target
Toys r Us

cpt_azad
11-18-2005, 06:29 AM
Ok I get to order mine on Dec. 30th :D:D:D:D:D:

After I order premium i'll have 250 cash left or so, ill put that to good use w/ the money i'm earnin from ROTP and buy a nice 32" LCD widescreen Hidef TV just for my room and xbox360. after that, save money till i have enough for a nice sound system....all for my room, but it wont matter cuz i'm moving out soon anyway. I can't fuckin wait now :D:D:D, got to play some CoD2 on it, its' not as bad as ppl say it is, and PGR3=orgasmic. nuff said.

ApacNTS
11-18-2005, 01:35 PM
man how tempting it is to buy a 360, might just go look at one see if i can play it.

maebach
11-18-2005, 08:35 PM
I preordered mine. I'm goin to pick it up with my friend on tuesday. :) . Our name is gonna be 'metal acid'.

Formula1
11-19-2005, 02:22 AM
nice, im still gonna wait a year or so, better games, cheaper, and modding possibilities :)

yeah this is the most logical thing to do....

silent h3ro
11-19-2005, 02:42 AM
I think cpt azad already changed his mind. :rolleyes:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?p=1180565#post1180565

maebach
11-19-2005, 04:53 AM

:lol: :lol:

cpt_azad
11-19-2005, 09:53 AM

wtf, why'd u link it to this exact thread? i think ppl can just scroll down to see my change of mind post... lol, and yes i've changed my mind. for now i can use my monitor till i got the money saved for the LCD hidef widescreen tv :D , and for modding, well im sure something will be available soon. But, the biggest factor here is IF I GET FUCKING LUCKY and some how find a xbox360 that hasn't been sold yet, if that's the case then ill buy, if not, ill wait.

maebach
11-19-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm sure if you acted quick you could get one at Futureshop or BestBuy.

Busyman
11-19-2005, 03:30 PM

yeah this is the most logical thing to do....
;)

orcutt989
11-19-2005, 04:22 PM
I went to best buy and played a 360 last night!

ApacNTS
11-19-2005, 05:02 PM
*wide eyed* you did what? what game you play?

Guyver
11-19-2005, 05:44 PM
I went to best buy and played a 360 last night!

i gatta do that sumtime...maybe this weekend..

maebach
11-19-2005, 09:06 PM
I went last week to a Futureshop to play CallofDuty2. In my opinion, its AMAZING for the first 15 mins, then you get use to it and it seems normal. That's just my opinion. I think it might be because I've played the demo for PC. So I knew where to go and who to kill. For my friend, who hasn't played COD2 before, he was awestruck.

cpt_azad
11-19-2005, 09:13 PM
I went last week to a Futureshop to play CallofDuty2. In my opinion, its AMAZING for the first 15 mins, then you get use to it and it seems normal. That's just my opinion. I think it might be because I've played the demo for PC. So I knew where to go and who to kill. For my friend, who hasn't played COD2 before, he was awestruck.

anyone play PGR3??? :O:O:O:O I did at EB the other day, holy fucking shit is all i gotta say, the in-car views are just fucking insane, it really does give u a sense of speed (especially when u accelerate out of a turn, jesus christ its good) there was a huge crowd around watching as one of the employees were playing it, then i got to play it, the controls are so smooth and good, cannot wait to get my 360 now lol.

suprafreak6
11-19-2005, 09:53 PM
im going to do what cpt azad was orgianlly going to do..for multiple reasons
1. Getting an hdtv tv from an after thanksgiving day sale
2.cheaper,moregames, modding possibilities
3.buying a computer
4.trying to get 4 gb harddrive for psp
5.i have no job

cpt_azad
11-20-2005, 07:30 AM
Well looks like I won't be getting Xbox360 any time soon :( went to pretty much (and called) every store in and around surrey, no one is going to have extra 360's, they're all for pre-order customers, they mite have a select few but that's only if u line up at like 11:00pm the nite b4 tuesday. and i gotta a test on tuesday, w/e. ill wait i guess, gives me time to save up for TV as well :)

SingaBoiy
11-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Go to a store no one would think of. I know, around me anyways, Circuit City is underrated as a place to get gaming stuff.

Im going by Travis AFB first in the morning to see if they got any :)

SingaBoiy
11-21-2005, 06:55 AM
My local Sears has them. Only 6 though... and 4 of them are the core system :(

ApacNTS
11-21-2005, 11:17 PM
im gonna try to get one 2morrow morning, chances are slim. pretty much given up on the computer until i get my tax returns, might as well have something to play until then. if i get one then joy, not enough to buy any games, but if i dont i'll just keep on saving. win win either way.

Busyman
11-21-2005, 11:49 PM
im gonna try to get one 2morrow morning, chances are slim. pretty much given up on the computer until i get my tax returns, might as well have something to play until then. if i get one then joy, not enough to buy any games, but if i dont i'll just keep on saving. win win either way.
Fuckin' games are $60 bucks!!!:angry: :angry:

M$ can suck a dick.

cpt_azad
11-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Ok guys need help, need to know where I can get some cheap LCD or Tube TV's that are:

-Hi definition ready (or atleast have a minimum of 720p)
-Component cable inputs
-Widescreen w/ a 16:9 ratio
-Pure Flat screen
-At least 26" and no bigger than 34" (unless it really really is cheap for the screen size that it presents)
-And less than 700 canadian, i already found a nice tube tv for 389 bucks at futureshop

if anyone knows the cheapest place to look preferebbly in Canada (in Vancouver would be even better), and another thing to keep in mind I guess would be "will it be even cheaper on Boxing Day?". If anyone knows anything, give me a shout :D:D:D:D Cannot wait till tomorrow, my friend put two premium packs on layaway for me, he works at walmart :D:D:D:D

silent h3ro
11-22-2005, 01:49 AM
Ok guys need help, need to know where I can get some cheap LCD or Tube TV's that are:

-Component cable inputs
-Pure Flat screen
-At least 26" and no bigger than 34" (unless it really really is cheap for the screen size that it presents)
-And less than 700 canadian, i already found a nice tube tv for 389 bucks at futureshop

if anyone knows the cheapest place to look preferebbly in Canada (in Vancouver would be even better), and another thing to keep in mind I guess would be "will it be even cheaper on Boxing Day?". If anyone knows anything, give me a shout :D:D:D:D Cannot wait till tomorrow, my friend put two premium packs on layaway for me, he works at walmart :D:D:D:DWell I don't know if you are interested in them but I would highly reccommend buying a projector. There's one at best buy that is $450 after mail in rebates of coarse but its still dirt cheap for what it is. I know it supports hdtv @ 1080i atleast. Screen size goes up to 100 inches. :w00t: I would search pricegrabber for tube hdtvs. Not sure if it ships to Canada.:huh: Also not sure Best Buys are in Canada. :P

ApacNTS
11-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Fuckin' games are $60 bucks!!!:angry: :angry:

M$ can suck a dick.

heh, too true too true. as expected i didnt get one, wasnt a huge shock anyway. but with the launch titles they have now, i dont think i really lost anything. next march sounds good. besides, launch consoles have bugs, god knows i'll never forget the old thompson drive hell i suffered.

matt526
11-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6448213/did/10099496/

X marks the spot for giddy gamers
Some waited more than 24 hours in line to get new Xbox 360
http://1worship.net/waet10511220758.hmedium.jpg
The only thing giddy in this picture is Bill Gates:dry: $400 for the Xbox and $60 per game
yea I would be giddy too.

ApacNTS
11-22-2005, 01:35 PM
heh 28hrs is nothing, last night on the news a guy said he had been at walmart for 73hrs. i think he was about 4th in line.

matt526
11-22-2005, 02:02 PM
I was at walmart at 11:00pm last night and there was no larger then normal crowed

Busyman
11-22-2005, 02:27 PM
I was at walmart at 11:00pm last night and there was no larger then normal crowed
I'm sure it was the same around here.

I wouldv'e had to go over to Virginia or up to Montgomery County, MD to see people waiting like that.

People around here don't geek out about video games like that en masse.

cpt_azad
11-23-2005, 10:19 AM

-Component cable inputs
-Pure Flat screen

if anyone knows the cheapest place to look preferebbly in Canada (in Vancouver would be even better), and another thing to keep in mind I guess would be "will it be even cheaper on Boxing Day?". If anyone knows anything, give me a shout :D:D:D:D Cannot wait till tomorrow, my friend put two premium packs on layaway for me, he works at walmart :D:D:D:DWell I don't know if you are interested in them but I would highly reccommend buying a projector. There's one at best buy that is $450 after mail in rebates of coarse but its still dirt cheap for what it is. I know it supports hdtv @ 1080i atleast. Screen size goes up to 100 inches. :w00t: I would search pricegrabber for tube hdtvs. Not sure if it ships to Canada.:huh: Also not sure Best Buys are in Canada. :P

I would buy a projector in a heartbeat trust me on that, but I have to be practical too. See, I can't really put the 360+display device anywhere other than my bedroom, I could've put it in the basement but right now its rented. So....100" screen in my bedroom = no, and yes I realize u can make the size anything, but practically I have a bed, a computer+huge desk and other things in there, so I can't really set up a projector in my room. That's why I need a TV :(

3RA1N1AC
11-23-2005, 10:42 AM
if you're gonna buy an HDTV, you should make sure it has both component and HDMI, 'cause the upcoming Blu-Ray Video and HD-DVD Video formats are not going to output high-def signals through component. it's a hollywood thing -- they want to restrict high-def movies to "secure digital" connections (i.e. DVI, HDMI).