PDA

View Full Version : Parents in Law

Santa
11-18-2005, 05:52 PM
They are both great people, very interesting etc.
They come by every three weeks for the weekend (they live 6hrs away)
because they want to see the baby grow up.
This is a very beautiful thing and very generous of them.

But its starting to drive me nuts.
It requires major cleanup of place, making dinners etc (& guess who does the job...) and 3 days of being Naiice, two dinners of endless conversation about architecture (Pops and Daughter are both Archi's). Even though their intention is that therefore ze wife and me have more time for ourselves - it seems that it ends up Her family has more time for her.
If they really want to see the baby at his finest then they should be here at 7am cause that when he shines, instead they sleep late (they stay at friends house) and turn up 12ish.
it screws with time freedom.
Got to find solution

Gripper
11-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Tricky one mate,you don't want to offend them,or upset the missus,I would leave them with your wife and rediscover some time for yourself,go to a mates house,don't avoid them altogether but get some time back for you.

GepperRankins
11-18-2005, 05:58 PM
murder is always the answer, you know that

manker
11-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I'd just tell them to sort out their time-keeping and stop taking the pish.

My house, my rules :01:

Well, my rules when I'm allowed to make them ... .

GepperRankins
11-18-2005, 06:34 PM
lock them out and only let them see the baby micheal jackson style (hanging out a window above the front lawn with a towel on his head

Santa
11-18-2005, 07:32 PM
@Grip - yeah thats the shitter with immigrant parents - i prefer to impress them, so they know theyre baby got the right guy + as with any "guests" thet deserve the best of. I have a shit load todo but maybe i should tell tem that we (my honey) go out tomorrow night and they take care. hehehe

@GepprRankins1 - there is a reason they are called "in Law"

@Manks - they dont take the pish conciously but i think a heavy but nuanced conversation about this topic with my lover would solve alot. (Especially the fact that I and she see my family max 2 times a year) As for my rules in the house - they break all of hers

@GppprRnkns2 - just told them to pick up the dinner at the Indian restaurant - the doors are locked. open window - ah damn its seems i told them to take the baby - what now ?

Whats your deal with parents inlaw

VivaciousAkasha
11-18-2005, 08:07 PM
A long talk with your honey might help, she might be feeling the same stress that you feel!

Just my 2 cents.... be honest with em.... Tell them you treasure their visits, but they are too close together and having to entertain so regularly is leaving you feeling stressed instead of relieved. Could they make it once every 2 months or every 6 weeks? (you could try for once a year! but I doubt they'd bite.) That way they understand that you aren't objecting to them just the frequency of the visits.

They might ask how they could make it easier for you, by all means tell them! They could buy/bring/prepare dinner one of those nights, or sleep over and baby sit while you n the missus get a room for some R&R. ;)