PDA

View Full Version : Boot Disk Problem? (Urgent Help Please!)

__Sunny__
11-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Alright so this is what's wrong with my computer:

First of all, the computer does NOT boot up to windows xp screen (welcome screen). I've tried ALOT of things such as make a boot disk, safe modes, and a few more. None have worked so far, so I am looking for a way to get to my computer using the boot.ini file as a friend said. Now, the last thing i remember I was doing on my computer was messing around with the "Windows Update" stuff. I installed windows update features and then decided to uninstall. After, I rebooted and couldn't get on since. What really happens is when I try to turn on my computer, it loads pretty slow (1 - 2 minutes), then it's supposed to turn to the Welcome Screen so I can type my password. Instead, it just REBOOTS continously... meaning on and on until I unplug the power cable. Now, if you know how to help me fix this problem, please please tell me a way. This computer has ALL of my stuff on it, and it would be greatly apprieciate if someone could help. And I hope you understand all this, trying to explain as easily as I can.

If you need additional info, please post or PM me... thanks.

Virtualbody1234
11-22-2005, 05:44 AM
Insert the Windows XP CD and do a repair install of Windows.

__Sunny__
11-22-2005, 09:47 PM
I've already tried that, didnt work at all. A friend suggested to do that. I also changed the boot sequence to boot from the CD drive, still didn't work. Anything else you can suggest?

tesco
11-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Are you saying you couldn't get it to boot from the cd or that the repair didn't fix it?

Virtualbody1234
11-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Are you saying you couldn't get it to boot from the cd or that the repair didn't fix it?
Very good question. Exactly what I was wondering.

zapjb
11-22-2005, 11:25 PM
If OP got SP2 a regular XP disk (SP1 or under) won't work. Gotta be slipstreamed with SP2 to do a repair install.

tesco
11-24-2005, 11:30 AM
If OP got SP2 a regular XP disk (SP1 or under) won't work. Gotta be slipstreamed with SP2 to do a repair install.
Doesn't it just repair and leave you with regular xp (or sp1 if that's what u had)?:unsure:

zapjb
11-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Not in my experience rossco. The install disk detects a newer version of xp installed & won't do shit.

Virtualbody1234
11-25-2005, 11:01 PM
So urgent that __Sunny__ hasn't posted in 3 days. :blink:

Delorean
11-26-2005, 08:02 AM
He must have probably fixed the problem...