PDA

View Full Version : Xnews Help?

Manfonse
11-22-2005, 12:57 AM
Hi.

I Have a few questions on using xnews.

1 . Is there a search option like in GrabIt. Where I can search for specific files?

2. When I download a NZB file from this site. I used to open it with grab it. Now I am using Xnews. But i am unsure how to open the files and download them with XNews. Hope someone can help. The reason I am using Xnews is because my download speed dropped from 300 to 24 kbs on grabit. Xnews is working perfect, but unsure of the 2 quiestions above.

Thanx!

S!X
11-22-2005, 12:59 AM
Theres so search feature on xnews like grabits, and you cant open .nzb files with it. Id highly recommend sticking with grabit.

Manfonse
11-22-2005, 01:01 AM
But why did my download speed on grabit drop. I tried reinstalling it, a system restore, i contacted my isp my speed is fine. I tried downloading a file from download.com and its perfect, yet when i use grabit its downloading at only 24-30 kbs. It was working fine for ages and all of a sudden it has been like that for a few days now.
Thanx for the fast respnse.

RealitY
11-22-2005, 10:29 AM
You could make sure to delete the entire GrabIt fodder after installing before reinstalling as something may be corrupt or even buggy. I would also suggest if your going to try other readers that Newsleecher is the best I think...

Manfonse
11-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Reality.
I took your advice and deleted the entire grabit file. It worked perfectly. Thank you so much my friend :)

despikable
11-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey i was just windering guys why does grabit have to decode is there anyothers that dont need to or if can they decode multiple? Just wondering because it takes forever to decode on large files.

RealitY
11-22-2005, 07:39 PM
Reality.
I took your advice and deleted the entire grabit file. It worked perfectly. Thank you so much my friend :)
Anytime and dont forget to check out Newsleecher also...